Kewell sues Lineker over football column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

As far as I am concerned Kewell can go and **** himself. :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt076 :smt076 :smt076 :smt076 :smt093 :smt097 :smt084 :smt098

itv said:
Former England football hero Gary Lineker is being sued for libel by Liverpool player Harry Kewell.

Midfielder Kewell, 26, is seeking damages over comments made by the sports presenter in a newspaper column in July 2003.

The case centres around the content of an article, headlined "Kewell move made me feel ashamed of the game", in which Lineker criticised the Australian's transfer from Leeds United to Liverpool.

Kewell is suing Lineker and the Sunday Telegraph in a contested case expected to last up to seven days.

It will be heard by Mr Justice Eady and a jury at London's Law Courts.

Former England captain Lineker is named as first defendant in the proceedings.

Kewell alleges that the article was defamatory of him, claiming that it discredited him.

After news of the legal action was announced last year, the Sunday Telegraph issued a statement saying: "We were surprised that Harry Kewell decided to issue a writ ten months after the article was published.

"Mr Lineker is entitled to express his opinions, which are respected for their integrity throughout the world of soccer."

Source

he's a feckin pufter that wears a girly alice band.

if i were the judge i'd bring that to his attention and then dismiss the case.

Linekar was right in what he said anyway.

Oh dear, Kewell has really been poorly advised here. In fact i wonder if he has been advised at all!!

Whether he wins the case or not (and i doubt he will) 2 things are now certain.

He will draw more attention to whatever it was our Gary said so that more people will see it (which he clearly didnt like in the first place)

and he has already immediately turned public enemy no.1 for daring to discredit the name of Mr 'whiter than white' Lineker.

Bad move Harry and your Liverpool career doesnt look too promising either....

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

The Voice From Above said:
Oh dear, Kewell has really been poorly advised here. In fact i wonder if he has been advised at all!!

Whether he wins the case or not (and i doubt he will) 2 things are now certain.

He will draw more attention to whatever it was our Gary said so that more people will see it (which he clearly didnt like in the first place)

and he has already immediately turned public enemy no.1 for daring to discredit the name of Mr 'whiter than white' Lineker.

Bad move Harry and your Liverpool career doesnt look too promising either....

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Spot on. :smt023

didn't he just say that the fact that an unlicensed agent made more money the Leeds Utd from the sale of Harry Kewell was totally wrong if so I agree with that and I imagine most people besides Harry Kewell and his agent also agree

I am not saying a single bad thing aboutn any player next year they will sue me. Cant Kewell winning the case, why not he sue all the Pool fans which think he was a waste of space in the Euro Cup Final.

It will great next year watching Lineker on MOTD saying how what was clearly a 35-yard Volley from Kewell, a 5 yard tap-in.

Hazzman said:
I am not saying a single bad thing aboutn any player next year they will sue me. Cant Kewell winning the case, why not he sue all the Pool fans which think he was a waste of space in the Euro Cup Final.

It will great next year watching Lineker on MOTD saying how what was clearly a 35-yard Volley from Kewell, a 5 yard tap-in.

i don't think you can criticise him for the champions league final as he got injured though for the rest of the time he played he was shite

im sorry but hes just taking the p**s now.

Harry Kewell's lawyers have accused Gary Lineker of making a "hurtful and humiliating attack" on the Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669