Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

I've said a number of times and I'll keep saying it, I think this lad is a class act. Very neat and tidy, on the ball and aggressive in the tackle but what sets him apart is his engine. He is an incredible athlete.

If any of you get the chance please watch the Salah penalty again. From the rebound he picks the ball up in our penalty area and carries it into the Liverpool half. Alexander-arnold attempts to track his run but you can see his legs give up whilst Kiernan drives on. This type of thing is going to be such an asset over the course of the season.

I wonder what odds you'd get on an England cap?

Well done Kiernan

Looked green on his debut and a few appearances after but that stuff comes with games and it's come quicker than I thought.

Proper player. The type Leicester fans love.

His desire and industry were excellent last night. You can see that he plays with his heart, which appeals to fans greatly.

I would say that had Soumare given the ball away as frequently as Dewsbury-Hall did in dangerous positions, he'd have got hammered for it. There is a real discrepancy in how we regard the inevitable errors from these two players. Especially when you consider that Soumare is the younger of the two.

I still cannot understand what on earth we were doing with Dewsbury-Hall between the age of 16-21. It was only a couple of years ago that his name began to be mentioned. I get that players develop differently but he does seem to have had some wasted years.

Good to see someone that joined the club 15 years ago (in the days of Rob Kelly) is finally emerging and playing with the passion of someone that really gets what the fans want to see.

His desire and industry were excellent last night. You can see that he plays with his heart, which appeals to fans greatly.

I would say that had Soumare given the ball away as frequently as Dewsbury-Hall did in dangerous positions, he'd have got hammered for it. There is a real discrepancy in how we regard the inevitable errors from these two players. Especially when you consider that Soumare is the younger of the two.

I still cannot understand what on earth we were doing with Dewsbury-Hall between the age of 16-21. It was only a couple of years ago that his name began to be mentioned. I get that players develop differently but he does seem to have had some wasted years.

Good to see someone that joined the club 15 years ago (in the days of Rob Kelly) is finally emerging and playing with the passion of someone that really gets what the fans want to see.
So you're not convinced then?

He's a bit of an all-rounder. He can tackle, pass and has a good engine.
Considering its his first season in the Prem I think he's doing very well. Just needs to spot that pass and play the ball half a second quicker. Hopefully learning from Youri.

So you're not convinced then?

I thought he was pretty terrible in his first few appearances this season. I didn't see anything to get excited about.

However, he has improved markedly with a run of games though so he might make it as a PL midfielder. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more of him. If he cuts out those basic passing errors, I'd trust him a lot more.

I thought Justin was pretty rubbish in his first few games but improved greatly soon after.
I'm really hoping KDH doesn't get injured.......

I thought he was pretty terrible in his first few appearances this season. I didn't see anything to get excited about.

However, he has improved markedly with a run of games though so he might make it as a PL midfielder. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more of him. If he cuts out those basic passing errors, I'd trust him a lot more.
Soumare did give the ball away through shit passing for most of the game.

I reckon KDH is a way better passer than him personally. Soumare is also nowhere near as mobile or energetic.

I would say that had Soumare given the ball away as frequently as Dewsbury-Hall did in dangerous positions, he'd have got hammered for it.
He did. More so. And he was. Quite rightly.

Some of us could see that KDH was a universe better than Soumare ages ago. It's a pity Rodgers couldn't.

I think the emergence of KDH as left centre mid and how much better Lookman is on the left wing might mean we need to try Barnes on the right wing when he's back . There is absolutely no reason he can't play well there IMO and play fluid as part of a 3 behind vardy
If Barnes is back for Norwich I'd go with the below.

Schmeichel
Castagne Amartey Ndidi Thomas
Tielemans KDH
Barnes Maddison Lookman
Vardy

I get the impression that he wasn't all that focussed on football for quite some time from his best mate

the stint on loan last season really helped imo the same could be said of Harvey Barnes. at least KDH and the team will get 72 hrs rest before Norwich.
he just needs to keep his head down and keep improving his performances have really started to pick up as of late I felt he and Thomas were draw last night.

He's pretty good and seems to be learning fast now that he's getting the opportunity. Don't trust me though, because I think Soumare is doing pretty alright too

So wrong it's unbelievable. No idea what you expect. He is going to be a fantastic player for us and I look forward to you eating your words.
I don't want to give up on him and I do think he'll improve, but that doesn't change the fact he's been nothing but a liability in the vast majority of his appearances so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566