Kisnorbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

monafox

Did anyone notice that he was captain last night.

My god what are we coming too. He treat the ball like a hot potato and was absolutely awful. He has to go!!

You really start to question CLs signings!!

monafox said:
Did anyone notice that he was captain last night.

My god what are we coming too. He treat the ball like a hot potato and was absolutely awful. He has to go!!

mmm hot potato :026:

beighton155 said:
And chile, can't beat a bit 'o chile! or is that a bit 'o bully!

Sorry not my thing, the chilli yes, but a bit O Bully? Please thats just gross

iiiiinnnn one! ;)

Last edited:
Blaby blue blood said:
Sorry not my thing, the chilli yes, but a bit O Bully? Please thats just gross

iiiiinnnn one! ;)

Nothing for a double in this game etc etc

Blaby blue blood said:
Down the brown and pot the pink.......

No sorry, thats something completely different.

And Bullies special Prize...........

Legend...

But on topic, yes Kisnorbo is shite. The biggest disappointment of the lot. I had massive hopes for when he got fit, and now pah...

beighton155 said:
Legend...

But on topic, yes Kisnorbo is shite. The biggest disappointment of the lot. I had massive hopes for when he got fit, and now pah...

Yeah i agree, thought he was going to be super, smashing, great but think someone just needs to give him his BFH (Bus Fare Home) :006:

monafox said:

Am sure someone will come along soon and put up all his signings but McCarthy, Hughes & Gerrbrand look good to me.

Hughes looked great last season but not sure about him this season, hoping he isn't 100% fit. Gerrbrand and McCarthy look excellent. Hume looks to have potential to me given a run of games. Maybury has been solid but looks less so this season. The rest can go back to where they came from :icon_evil

Off the top of my head CL has signed:
GKs
Douglas
Henderson

Ds
Maybury
McCarthy
Gerrbrand
Johansson
Gilbert

Ms
Hughes
Hamill
Kisnorbo
Sylla

Fs
Hammond
Hume
de Vries

Of the GKs, since we didn't have any beforehand, and considering their wages I think we've done more than alright to have two better than average players to pick from.

Of the Ds, Gerrbrand and McCarthy are unqualified successes. Maybury and Johannson have both looked good at time, but have both suffered from occasionally being played out of position. Maybury suffers from playing behind Sylla. Gilbert simply hasn't had a chance to prove himself, he is young and could develop to be something very good, but then, so could Alan Sheehan, so what was the point of buying him?

Of the Ms, Hughes is good but unfit, hardly Levein's fault- although constantly giving him injections to get him to play will cause problems long-term. Hamill has been very positive for a young player bought to develop, he has taken his first-team chances well, by and large. Sylla certainly has shown that he can play, but he doesn't put the work in and this causes problems for the rest of the team, especially Maybury. Kisnorbo isn't up to the job.

Despite a poor start de Vries is now coming good, he should total 15-20 goals by the end of the season at his current rate and makes play for other players. Neither Hume or Hammond have been given the chance, and have been the prime vicitms of Levein's inability to pick a settled side.

So, after all, of 14 players I would say that 7 have been good (Douglas, Henderson, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Hughes, Hamill, de Vries), 2 have been quite good (Maybury, Johannson), 2 aren't working out (Sylla, Kisnorbo), and 3 haven't had a chance to show themselves (Gilbert, Hammond, Hume)

All in all, and especially compared to our last two managers, I'd call that a good record.

Last edited:
The main problem with Levein is actually getting what seems a decent squad to play as a team, some of his signings have been excellent however it does appear more than a coincidence that as you move further forward up the pitch his signings become more of a lottery, the defenders and keepers have on the whole been very sound purchases, the midfielders have been a mixed bag, whilst to be honest the strikers IMO have been very poor selections, although I do feel given an opportunity and the right tactics Hume could be an excellent buy.

The biggest problem with Levein is selecting a settled side and tactics that deliver results, IMO as I have said in previously Levein would make an excellent Director of Football his long term plans are excellent and he has improved the squad, his downfall IMO is that he cannot as a tactician mould together a team capable of winning enough football matches.

Why not if we cannot afford to sack Levein, move him upstairs and appoint a head coach who is good tactically, because I do honestly believe that the squad possesses enough talent to be successful but at present IMO it is not being channelled in the right way.

The hearts fans did say that Kisnorbo was a bit of a "skippy on ice"... what has he done to deserve the armband?
His passing was awful, he can't run with the ball, complete lack of awareness, everything that contributes to a poor player.
On a few occasion last night, he managed to not hear thousands of people screaming "man on" and got caught in possession. The only thing he offered was give Joey the license to go forward.

I hope he can improve once he gets going (that's if he ever gets going), but at the moment, he offers very little to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669