Kisnorbo's release clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Full article here: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=5679

As I predicted in my last column, my contract has now been signed. It's an improved deal from the previous one, running for the next three years.

I'm very happy with it. It's flattering to know the club values you so much as to upgrade your contract inside the first 12 months.

I'm also grateful to the club for accepting my request of a clause releasing me for all Australia internationals. I don't know how historic it is, but I don't know too many players who have such a clause written in their contracts over here. Basically, it means there's no confusion over my availability for Australia. If I'm selected, Leicester won't stand in my way. I'm very grateful to them for that.

Leicester is my life now. There can be no doubts about. But it was bloody frustrating being overlooked for the World Cup squad. International football is something I want to get back to. It's been on the backburner since my move to Hearts, but I'm now determined to do everything I can to bring success to Leicester and Australia this season.

Excellent, I only read your quote Webbo, but he sounds like a level headed guy.

I admire any professional football player that wants to play for their country over their club. That's the way it should be

I like is atittude "Leicester is my life now". I thought it was only us fans that said that.

im fine with that kind of releasue clause, we have adequate cover for him. i dreaded that he had a tiny release sum written into his contract when i read the title of thread. i hope he has a storming season and becomes even more of a fans favourite.

Much as I take most of what footballers say with a large pinch of salt, he sounds like a decent bloke and I don't begrudge him the clause in the contract at all.

And the "Leicester is my life now" quote is a classic. Although I'm sure it will come back to haunt him when he signs for Everton in January!

He says one sentence and you want to have his babies...ffs, leicester is only his life until something better comes along. Don't be so fecking gullible. There is very little loyalty in football.

I'm pleased for him that city have allowed that clause, representing your country is what you strive for I imagine.

MKFox said:
He says one sentence and you want to have his babies...ffs, leicester is only his life until something better comes along. Don't be so fecking gullible. There is very little loyalty in football.

I'm pleased for him that city have allowed that clause, representing your country is what you strive for I imagine.
Are you the new Homer :102: :icon_wink

Nice that Patrick wants to play for Australia now that they've been successful. I can't imagine we'd stop him playing for them anyway, unless we were in the playoffs or something... sounds more like a shout-out from his agent reminding Australia that he's still around and trying to make out that before the only reason he didn't come was because his clubs wouldn't let him (LCFC and Hearts), I'm not sure I believe that..

"Leicester is my life now. There can be no doubts about"

Except when Australia have a game apparantly? what happens if the Aussies have a friendly at the same time as the play off final and we happen to get there?

he may not even get selected for the Aussies macc, and if he does im sure its at his discretion if he plays or not. play off final or friendly vs iran? no brainer really.

maccfox said:
"Leicester is my life now. There can be no doubts about"

Except when Australia have a game apparantly? what happens if the Aussies have a friendly at the same time as the play off final and we happen to get there?

Not to be cynical, but i also have to agree with yourself and MK, im sure if a club came along and offered lots of cash, they would be his life.

Fully agree with MK, as soon as the premiership come´s calling with a better offer he will gone like a shot.

lazzer said:
i agree with and indeed welcome back the flash northern monkey ;)

I ain´t come back yet just had to get out the feckin sun for an hour, it is mucho scorchio over here in Majorca :icon_bigg

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I ain´t come back yet just had to get out the feckin sun for an hour, it is mucho scorchio over here in Majorca :icon_bigg

you sad person :018:

anyhoo back on topic

MKFox said:

agreed :038:

It is nice to hear but don't read too much into a statement released by a player. I remember a certain Paul Dickov saying that he loved it here and wanted to finish his career at Leicester.

Did he arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670