Speculation Konchesky to QPR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Konchesky

You may. Seeing as the prediction league started well a broad sheet may be the only way to make you a hat.

'arry did try for Wayne Bridge, & failed, so maybe PK is the experienced leftback he requires.

10% of that in this transfer market would be realistic....

Anyone know how much we signed him for? Undisclosed but around £2mil I think - IF this is correct, surely we'd be looking at about 500k for him? He's not the worst defender we've ever had (Robbie Nielson)

I am TOTALLY confused by the delight at the prospect of losing Konchesky. He may not be the greatest left-back in English football but, were this to happen, we would be back to the position, which I thought was generally agreed not to be good, of having one left-back. To make this sound even less relishing, have you listened to Bakayogo's interview on signing? He sounds to be a nice guy, but amazed to have joined a club of such status. I know that a little sucking up to the fans is to be expected, but I got the impression that HE genuinely did not think that he would sign for a team with any pretensions to Premier League football!

Despite my fears for the season, we have made a good start (Yes, I know one game is not enough to make an assessment) and I hope that we at least keep what we have!

To make this sound even less relishing, have you listened to Bakayogo's interview on signing? He sounds to be a nice guy, but amazed to have joined a club of such status. I know that a little sucking up to the fans is to be expected, but I got the impression that HE genuinely did not think that he would sign for a team with any pretensions to Premier League football!

That's some pretty tight logic....

I am TOTALLY confused by the delight at the prospect of losing Konchesky. He may not be the greatest left-back in English football but, were this to happen, we would be back to the position, which I thought was generally agreed not to be good, of having one left-back. To make this sound even less relishing, have you listened to Bakayogo's interview on signing? He sounds to be a nice guy, but amazed to have joined a club of such status. I know that a little sucking up to the fans is to be expected, but I got the impression that HE genuinely did not think that he would sign for a team with any pretensions to Premier League football!

Despite my fears for the season, we have made a good start (Yes, I know one game is not enough to make an assessment) and I hope that we at least keep what we have!

I agree but the longer you are around here the more you realise people love a good moan or hate figure for whatever reason(s).

As you say, Konchesky isn't the best left-back in the world but he is far from the shittest too and is actually a very solid player at this level. The only downside to him really would be his reported wages so I could potentially see us looking to move him on for that reason only. It's not his fault he was offered way more than he is probably worth and I certainly can't knock him for agreeing to it.

Perhaps if he were to leave and leave us with just Schlupp and Zoom to fill in there then people may realise how solid he was as both of the potential replacements are far from accomplished players atm and what is one of, if not the, youngest teams in the division would lose out on a lot of experience too.

I agree but the longer you are around here the more you realise people love a good moan or hate figure for whatever reason(s).

As you say, Konchesky isn't the best left-back in the world but he is far from the shittest too and is actually a very solid player at this level. The only downside to him really would be his reported wages so I could potentially see us looking to move him on for that reason only. It's not his fault he was offered way more than he is probably worth and I certainly can't knock him for agreeing to it.

Perhaps if he were to leave and leave us with just Schlupp and Zoom to fill in there then people may realise how solid he was as both of the potential replacements are far from accomplished players atm and what is one of, if not the, youngest teams in the division would lose out on a lot of experience too.
Or the Arsenal loanee

Or the Arsenal loanee

Would that be the accomplished player that has started a grand total of 9 senior games or the one that has managed 4 senior starts?

I think Lako would have killed himself if our left-back department was as inexperienced as that at the start of a season!

As you say, Konchesky isn't the best left-back in the world but he is far from the shittest too and is actually a very solid player at this level. The only downside to him really would be his reported wages so I could potentially see us looking to move him on for that reason only. It's not his fault he was offered way more than he is probably worth and I certainly can't knock him for agreeing to

Its Easy for me. High wages, average player when you can get average wages, average player elsewhere.

Would that be the accomplished player that has started a grand total of 9 senior games or the one that has managed 4 senior starts?

I think Lako would have killed himself if our left-back department was as inexperienced as that at the start of a season!

How often had Keane played before he joined us?

Its Easy for me. High wages, average player when you can get average wages, average player elsewhere.

So he should be a hate figure for earning more than he is worth even though he isn't a bad player?

As I said, don't hate him for it as anyone would have accepted the contract but aim that at the people that decided to give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566