Laminate or solid wood flooring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

four king power

Im about to purchase a new floor for the living room after our beige carpet has been turned brown by the dog.

Is it worth paying the extra for solid wood flooring or is laminate just as good? Is there anything i need to be looking out for?

Carpet, go carpet!!!!

My house is tiled and laminated all the way through, it's a ****ing nightmare!!!

Also no good if you suffer from Asthma or such breathing ailments as the dust can't settle.

Im about to purchase a new floor for the living room after our beige carpet has been turned brown by the dog.

Is it worth paying the extra for solid wood flooring or is laminate just as good? Is there anything i need to be looking out for?

Don't let the ****ing dog inside the house, keep it outside where it belongs.

Oh yeah, laminate generally looks like laminate, which is undesirable.

HTH

Carpet, go carpet!!!!

My house is tiled and laminated all the way through, it's a ****ing nightmare!!!

Also no good if you suffer from Asthma or such breathing ailments as the dust can't settle.

I paid nearly £1000 on it being carpeted less than 2 years ago and it has been ruined by the cat/dog, its definatly going to be a hard floor this time, purley because it will last longer.

I paid nearly £1000 on it being carpeted less than 2 years ago and it has been ruined by the cat/dog, its definatly going to be a hard floor this time, purley because it will last longer.

Why don't you just bin the cat and dog :102:

Thought that hard flooring was supposed to be recommended for Asthmatics as dust etc is harder to get rid of completely from carpets :102:

That is assuming the floors are swept at least daily though.

Spending that much on a surface and then letting a canine grag its filthy rectum all over it.

Terrible investment :)

solid, you'll think 'cheapskate' every time you see the laminate. It's worth the money.

Gonna have to be Carpet my friend. Laminate is no good for Dogs, they slide all over the place and can injure their joints.

To all the anti-dog comments.........:098::)

Thought that hard flooring was supposed to be recommended for Asthmatics as dust etc is harder to get rid of completely from carpets :102:

That is assuming the floors are swept at least daily though.
Sweep the floor and the dust will go in the air. If you can do it daily with a damp cloth, then maybe.

Carpets do collect dust yes, but they do actually hold most of it until hoovering time.

Carpet, go carpet!!!!

Crap, I suffer from asthma and am laminated throughout (not ME, the house)
I hate the stuff, even more now!
Yeah, deffo carpet, solid wood, tile, grass, astroturf, mud, tarmac, paving slabs, laminate, - in that order.:icon_conf

Don't let the ****ing dog inside the house, keep it outside where it belongs.

Oh yeah, laminate generally looks like laminate, which is undesirable.

HTH

Dont know how to do double quotes but also:

"why don't you just bin the cat and dog?"

Hardly wrote by animal lovers!!!! :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687