Laminate or solid wood flooring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, I suffer from asthma and am laminated throughout (not ME, the house)
I hate the stuff, even more now!
Yeah, deffo carpet, solid wood, tile, grass, astroturf, mud, tarmac, paving slabs, laminate, - in that order.:icon_conf

I wouldn't worry too much Mr Jenks, Melton has the enviable & incredible talent of making up stuff yet still appearing to be a world authority, when in reality he hasn't got the first notion of what he's talking about.
It's brilliant.

Dont know how to do double quotes but also:

"why don't you just bin the cat and dog?"

Hardly wrote by animal lovers!!!! :102:

I'm assuming you're citing these as anti-dog comments, but it just seems like practical advice to me.

I wouldn't worry too much Mr Jenks, Melton has the enviable & incredible talent of making up stuff yet still appearing to be a world authority, when in reality he hasn't got the first notion of what he's talking about.
It's brilliant.
I'm telling the truth about my floors, and the TBers that have been in my house will confirm that.

I don't make up stories, EVER.

I have in the past been known to exaggerate for comedic effect, but never to make them up.

I also met a carpet salesman at Schipol airport about 4 years ago and he shwon me all the stats whilst we were waiting for our late plane. He was a very exciting guy.

I'm as honest as the day is long, people around these parts refer to me simply as, Honest Melton. I can add no more.

I'm telling the truth about my floors, and the TBers that have been in my house will confirm that.

I have in the past been known to exaggerate for comedic effect, but never to make them up.

I also met a carpet salesman at Schipol airport about 4 years ago and he shwon me all the stats whilst we were waiting for our late plane. He was a very exciting guy.

I'm as honest as the day is long, people around these parts refer to me simply as, Honest Melton. I can add no more.

See what I mean Jenks?

To read that you'd be forgiven for finding it believable, the man's a genius I tell ya, a genius.

Carpet salesman at Schipol airport, brilliant, just brilliant.

Your opinion, TBH, is the only one that counts. That's a fact and I am, at this moment, dealing with it.

I find laminate fine to be honest. However we did the bedroom, study and bathroom with one type from Ikea and it is brilliant, we did the living room with another range from Ikea and it is shite.

Dont know how to do double quotes but also:

"why don't you just bin the cat and dog?"

Hardly wrote by animal lovers!!!! :102:

For each post you want to quote click this icon
multiquote_off.gif
and then do a post reply and each post you have selected should be in the post. :icon_wink :023:

Im about to purchase a new floor for the living room after our beige carpet has been turned brown by the dog.

Is it worth paying the extra for solid wood flooring or is laminate just as good? Is there anything i need to be looking out for?
Maybe you should just stick with the sawdust. Laminate looks silly with corrugated iron anyway...

I took the plunge and bought 18 square meters of solid wood flooring, a new underlay and some beading, booked a fitter for before Christmas for a total cost of £650, bargain :)

I took the plunge and bought 18 square meters of solid wood flooring, a new underlay and some beading, booked a fitter for before Christmas for a total cost of £650, bargain :)

Fit is yourself you lazy git! Me and my dad got a 12 square metre living room done in a weekend comfortably (excluding skirting) and cost about a tonne

Fit is yourself you lazy git! Me and my dad got a 12 square metre living room done in a weekend comfortably (excluding skirting) and cost about a tonne

My DIY skills verge on the non existent, i would much rather pay for it to be done properly without the bother or worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669