Landlord info - renting my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this puts a stop to the whole idea? unless you don't bother telling them and take a punt?

Never heard of them personally, I would want the agent to be on my side and doesn't seem that way if they won't even give you basic advice, IMO.

First part, we don't have much choice. Due to my drop in income and the inability to sell we are trying to do the sensible thing and minimise our outgoings.

I nipped in to drop the keys off and they told me what I'd need, basically the gas certificate and an energy one, but the HIP covers the energy one.

We rented from them in the past and they were very good.

First part, we don't have much choice. Due to my drop in income and the inability to sell we are trying to do the sensible thing and minimise our outgoings.

I nipped in to drop the keys off and they told me what I'd need, basically the gas certificate and an energy one, but the HIP covers the energy one.

We rented from them in the past and they were very good.

So the Coventry are happy to give you a new mortgage even though it will be another 100% one? Thats unusual at the minute!

Im still pretty sure you need an electrical saftey cert as well.

So the Coventry are happy to give you a new mortgage even though it will be another 100% one? Thats unusual at the minute!

The majority of landlords are probably aware that there is no legal requirement to supply an annual electrical safety certificate, as there is with gas.
However, a landlord is required by law to ensure that:
- the electrical installation is safe when a tenancy begins
- the electrical installation is maintained in a safe condition throughout the tenancy
- any electrical appliance provided in the rented property is safe and has the CE marking.

The majority of landlords are probably aware that there is no legal requirement to supply an annual electrical safety certificate, as there is with gas.
- the electrical installation is maintained in a safe condition throughout the tenancy
- any electrical appliance provided in the rented property is safe and has the CE marking.

Hmmm so kind of right! Oh and love the colour choice!:icon_lol:

We won't change mortgage with the consent to let, they just whack a percent on, and is only valid for 12 months. They won't offer us a buy to let.

I think it all works fine, does the CE mark mean they need to be PAT tested?

We won't change mortgage with the consent to let, they just whack a percent on, and is only valid for 12 months. They won't offer us a buy to let.

CE mark is just the legal stamp required on anything electrical sold in the UK to ensure its fit for use by consumers.

No not PAT tested. But checked by and electrician and documented before you hand over the let. And checked and documented at regular intervals.

No not PAT tested. But checked by and electrician and documented before you hand over the let. And checked and documented at regular intervals.

Cool, the wife's dad is an electrician, he might have the certification to do that, I'll check.

I've crossed a busy road whilst pissed and I was fine.

That time :icon_wink

Indeed, I only did it through ignorance tbh. I phoned the Halifax up to ask them to send mortgage related mail to a different address and then they started getting a bit jumpy :icon_bigg Although tbh in the conversation I told them I was renting it out and they just said you shouldnt be, thats as far as it went.

Indeed, I only did it through ignorance tbh. I phoned the Halifax up to ask them to send mortgage related mail to a different address and then they started getting a bit jumpy :icon_bigg Although tbh in the conversation I told them I was renting it out and they just said you shouldnt be, thats as far as it went.

I asked my cousin who used to work as an advisor and now rent two properties out, neither on a buy to let, and he said the same thing, that if they do find out there's not really a lot they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46