Lars Hirschfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

While we're waiting for official confirmation that we've signed him from Dundee United, here are a few boring facts about him...

He signed for Spurs in 2002, but never played for them.

Two years ago he spent a loan period at Luton, and last season at Gillingham.

He signed for Dundee United in the summer, but has only played three matches. Two league matches and one in the cup. He conceded 9 goals in the two league games.

He's a Canadian international, and has played more international matches than club matches in the last few years.

While he was at Gillingham last season he played in the team that beat f*rest. Rogers and Impey played in that game, Rogers was sent off in the last minute.

He's played against Scot Gemmill, a couple of years ago in a match between Scotland and Canada.

Earlier this season Kris Boyd scored five goals against him in a 5-2 win for Kilmarnock. Boyd scored against Leicester in our pre-season match at Kilmarnock.

you were right webbo, they were very dull

webmaster said:
He had a trial with Hearts in December, 2001, but wasn't signed.

Presumably he wasn't good enough to sit on the bench for Hearts, but he is good enough for us.
i would assume hearts were after a 1st choice keeper at the time, not a back up. which is what we have him for

Plus its only until the end of the seaon, he cant be worse than Pressman and if he isnt an adequate number 2 we can just let him go at the end of the season

I expect he is costing less in wages than Taylor

Can't see him being here after the summer, just cheap cover for Walker from the looks of things & perhaps better than Pieman.

Sounds like we should be taking a look at Boyd from Killie.

seems like a good move to me!!

it's really an extended trial till the end of the season he will not be on much and if he manages to impress then he will get a deal if not then bye bye!

it seems he is only an option as a 2nd choice GK for next season and Taylor may still arrive on loan.

I don't think we have got much to lose in the deal to be fair!

PIETASTER said:
seems like a good move to me!!

it's really an extended trial till the end of the season he will not be on much and if he manages to impress then he will get a deal if not then bye bye!

it seems he is only an option as a 2nd choice GK for next season and Taylor may still arrive on loan.

I don't think we have got much to lose in the deal to be fair!

Agreed. :wink:

cant say hes made much of an impression for me but then he was playin in a pish united team to be fair. niemi wouldnt have helped them :lol:

ScarboroughFox said:
Never heard of this guy!!

Cant say im to keen on the idea, but hey not the bloke in charge

Years ago we signed Alan Smith from non league Alvechurch, Ian Wilson came from some scots highland league club.Both having good careers at city.
Point being that some of leicesters high profile signings have been complete failures...... Akinbadbuy £5M, Roger Davies back in the 70's for around 175k(big bucks then)Matt Jones £3M, Darren Eadie £3M,and many others.
Sometimes you get lucky with players that you don't expect it from. Lineker ( from youth team), Muzzy(Chelsea reserves)Matt Elliott (Oxford)
Lennon (Crewe)and plenty others.
Lets face it we ain't spending big money any time soon.When we do have cash we same to waste it. So if we pluck some unknown player from some obscure club then lets give them a chance before we pass judgment.
I'd sooner see us bring in players that have some desire like MON did,rather than take the path of the last couple of years of signing washed up players having a last good pay cheque.

that didnt work...

D.I. Monkfish
Gold Member
Posted: Yesterday at 18:52 Post subject: Transfers

Lars Hirshfield has signed for Leicester
Wee rumour circulating Chris Innes to join Gretna

The Griffin
Gold Member
Posted: Yesterday at 19:39 Post subject: Re: Transfers

D.I. Monkfish wrote:

Hahaha nae luck Levein

maurice
SPLFever Newbie
Posted: Today at 0:17 Post subject:

He is one sh*te goalkeeper!!
What is craig thinking? Never mind at least he's off our hands.

youngscot said:
that didnt work...

D.I. Monkfish
Gold Member
Posted: Yesterday at 18:52 Post subject: Transfers

Wee rumour circulating Chris Innes to join Gretna

The Griffin
Gold Member
Posted: Yesterday at 19:39 Post subject: Re: Transfers

D.I. Monkfish wrote:

Hahaha nae luck Levein

maurice
SPLFever Newbie
Posted: Today at 0:17 Post subject:

He is one sh*te goalkeeper!!
What is craig thinking? Never mind at least he's off our hands.

Great :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670