Last CD bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last cd I bought was Fabric Live 17. Quality.

Looking forward to:

Primal screams new album
Embraces new album
The Zutons new album
Razorlights new album

Wondering what the feelings ablum will be like. ike the single but not sure if they might be a bit week.

Also seeing Dickie Ashcroft at LCCC in June.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
The last cd I bought was Fabric Live 17. Quality.

Looking forward to:

Primal screams new album
Embraces new album
The Zutons new album
Razorlights new album

Wondering what the feelings ablum will be like. ike the single but not sure if they might be a bit week.

Also seeing Dickie Ashcroft at LCCC in June.

To be hoped he avoids the new album stuff then :018:

webmaster said:
The postman has just arrived with the best of the Pixies and the new Billy Bragg box set (7 CDs and 2 DVDs).

Sweet, will you copy them all for me, I'll pay.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Primal screams new album - Me too
Embraces new album - Nah, they've had their time
The Zutons new album - Me too, should be quality
Razorlights new album - Johnny Burrell (sp) pisses me off and the are very two dimensional IMO.

Joe_Fox said:
Razorlights new album - Johnny Burrell (sp) pisses me off and the are very two dimensional IMO.

Up All Night, Razorlight's debut album, was one of the best debut albums I've heard in a while. I'm eagerly anticipating the next one, just hope it's as good as the first!

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Up All Night, Razorlight's debut album, was one of the best debut albums I've heard in a while. I'm eagerly anticipating the next one, just hope it's as good as the first!
The first I really saw of Razorlight was as support to the Manics in 2004. I have to confess they blew me away. It is very rare for a support band to have that effect.

They really are terrific live band. Remind me very much of The Hothouse Flowers who I saw in 1991 at Wembley Stadium

Last edited:
webmaster said:
The postman has just arrived with the best of the Pixies and the new Billy Bragg box set (7 CDs and 2 DVDs).

funny how things turn out :icon_lol:

Melton Fox said:
The first I really saw of Razorlight was as support to the Manics in 2004. I have to confess they blew me away. It is very rare for a support band to have that effect.

They really are terrific live band. Remind me very much of The Hothouse Flowers who I saw in 1991 at Wembley Stadium

Melton Fox's credibility ratings go up +1 for seeing the Manics, +2 for seeing Razorlight before they broke, - 437 for going to see The Hothouse Flowers at Wembley :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Ox Fox said:
Melton Fox's credibility ratings go up +1 for seeing the Manics, +2 for seeing Razorlight before they broke, - 437 for going to see The Hothouse Flowers at Wembley :icon_lol: :icon_wink
Surely I can have another point for rushing out of the audotorium between Razerlight and the Manics sets just to buy a Razorlight T-shirt because they were so good.

I think if I get a point for seeing the manics, I should get 7 for seeing them 7 times

Bonus points for 2 of them gigs being supporting Oasis at Knebworth '96 and the headline gig at the Millenium Stadium 1999/2000

Hothouse Flowers. OK I can swallow losing points for that, but they were supporting INXS. Do I lose more points for that?

Last edited:
Bought Dread Zeppelin's 1990 classic 'Un-Led-Ed' to replace my lost cassette copy - quality stuff - Led Zeppelin covers in a reggae style, sung by the giant sized Tortelvis in the Presley style, with occasional splicing in of Elvis songs.

:020::020::020:

Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
Bought Dread Zeppelin's 1990 classic 'Un-Led-Ed' to replace my lost cassette copy - quality stuff - Led Zeppelin covers in a reggae style, sung by the giant sized Tortelvis in the Presley style, with occasional splicing in of Elvis songs.

:020::020::020:

Dread Zepplin are quality, well the first album is anyway, I got it on lovely gold vinyl I seem to remember :038:

Charlie the towel man was always my favourite!

Last edited:
This is a weird coincidence, just been looking at the Dread Zepplin web site and after my mention of Charlie the towel man I saw this:

Charlie Hodge, 71, formerly a backup singer, guitar player and towel boy for Elvis Presley, died Friday March 3rd at a hospital in Knoxville, Tenn. For the last 15 years, Hodge performed in tributes to Presley at Memories Theater in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., with Presley impersonator Lou Vuto. Theater officials said Hodge had been undergoing treatment for lung cancer. Hodge met Presley when they served in the Army. After their service, Hodge worked with Presley and lived at Graceland for 17 years. "We're all Elvis fans who work here, and Charlie made us feel so close to Elvis," Vuto said. "When you hung out with Charlie, it was like you were hanging out with Elvis and Charlie." The Alabama native's musical career also included singing with a number of quartets, including one with gospel great Bill Gaither.

RIP Charlie, at least Elvis will have fresh towels in heaven now :059:

fosseboy83 said:
**cough** kt tunstall **cough**cough**

only one ring above Blunt in Dante's inferno

'Hot Stuff' by The Killers

i know it's been out for ages, but i just found myself constantly singing their songs...

a bit like the Arctic Monkeys now, they'll be up for a purchase soon

gradually moving back to indie from a long time of dance music, still got a load of Paul Van Dyk on the ipod nano though, he's the lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669