Last CD bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joy Division - Still

Loads of B-Sides, live tracks and it has a cover of The Velvets' "Sister Ray" on it, which is reason enough for buying

Me, I'm All Smiles - Echo & The Bunnymen - found it while mooching around the Virgin Megastore in London's famous Oxford Street last week. Recorded at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in Nov 2005, and strangely enough I was in the audience. Good album, and different to hear it sober.:icon_redf

Tiny Dancers - Lions & Tigers & Lions (EP) Ltd edition pre release demo

Just had an e-mail through saying that my copy of Neon Bible has been posted. Should have it on Monday morning! :038:

As I'm getting more and more bored with this generic indie shit as every day goes by, just ordered:

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Charles Mingus - Black Saint & The Sinner Lady

As I'm getting more and more bored with this generic indie shit as every day goes by, just ordered:

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Charles Mingus - Black Saint & The Sinner Lady

9.5/10 on the clapometer :038:

I got to see the Mingus Big Band last year - fantastic.

9.5/10 on the clapometer :038:

I got to see the Mingus Big Band last year - fantastic.

I'll be honest I know feck all about jazz, I just wanted to give other types of music a chance, there's a good chance I'll find it tedious and boring :icon_conf , but I'm pinning my hopes on Mingus the most, I've heard clips and he seems great! Also someone on a music board told me he's the best place to start for people who listen to guitar music.

I'll be honest I know feck all about jazz, I just wanted to give other types of music a chance, there's a good chance I'll find it tedious and boring :icon_conf , but I'm pinning my hopes on Mingus the most, I've heard clips and he seems great! Also someone on a music board told me he's the best place to start for people who listen to guitar music.

Interesting. Mingus is quite 'hard core' he's mainly classically influenced and saw himself very much as a composer rather than a song writer. Miles became more extreme as the drugs really took hold and jazz funk was born (yuk), the easiest entry point for him is the sublime Kind of Blue which I would recommend without hesitation. If you liked Kid A I think you might get most out of the Coltrane, that ones probably his most mainstream album but that shouldn't put you off. Hope you find something you like in those three, be interested to hear your reaction to it anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58