Last CD bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Interpol Album. Average on first listen but never the less, a lot more better than most shite. Mammoth is a very, very good song

It always takes me about ten listens to decide if I like an album,can take longer with certain ones.I don't expect this interpol one to be any great departure from the previous two,neither would I want it to be

It always takes me about ten listens to decide if I like an album,can take longer with certain ones.I don't expect this interpol one to be any great departure from the previous two,neither would I want it to be

Hmm...agreed. That was my first initial reaction what I posted. No great departure from the first two. I am sure I'll listen to it more when I am on ma hols next week.

Listen out from Track 5, Mammoth.

Last edited:
Hmm...agreed. That was my first initial reaction what I posted. No great departure from the first two. I am sure I'll listen to it more when I am on ma hols next week.

Listen out from Track 5, Mammoth.

I don't understand why if you like a bands sound you woyuld want their album to sound any different.I think music is analysed way too much anyway

I don't understand why if you like a bands sound you woyuld want their album to sound any different.I think music is analysed way too much anyway

Interesting point HF. Maybe in our head there is this 'ideal way music should be' - every time people hear any album they want it to be that ideal way regardless of whether they like the band or not? Maybe? Or maybe I am talking horseshite?

Interesting point HF. Maybe in our head there is this - every time people hear any album they want it to be that ideal way regardless of whether they like the band or not? Maybe? Or maybe I am talking horseshite?

And Puressence produce that music in my case

Thats the thing that pisses me off the most, bands I like getting slated by magazine tossers for not sounding any different to their previous offerings.
I like their previous music so why would I want their style to change :102:

The Cherry Ghosts album,its shite.Infact if anyone wants it let me know and you can have it:102:

Thats the thing that pisses me off the most, bands I like getting slated by magazine tossers for not sounding any different to their previous offerings.
I like their previous music so why would I want their style to change :102:

But surely the point is that if they keep serving up the same sounding songs, why do you need to buy another album if it sounds the same as their previous effort(s)?

Just listen to the stuff you already have and don't bother getting the new one.

Obviously the songs are going to be different.
What I meant is I don't want them to change their style when their current style is just fine.

But surely the point is that if they keep serving up the same sounding songs, why do you need to buy another album if it sounds the same as their previous effort(s)?

Just listen to the stuff you already have and don't bother getting the new one.
But isn't that just someones opinion that they all sound the same ? It doesn't necessarily mean they do to the person who likes them:102: Its just taste if you like listening to a band and the style of music they make then get on with it,thats what I say.I think too many people listen to stuff because they feel they should because its the 'In ' thing.I'm guilty of this with the likes of the Kings of Leon and The Artic Monkeys,Ive tried to like them but I just can't get into it,but thats not to say its rubbish.

Life's too short for Arctic Monkeys and KOL when you could be listening to Nick Cave and Joy Division :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00