Last CD bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got The Wombat's "A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation" together with The Pigeon Detectives "Wait For Me".

Classic Trance Anthems (3cd).

Not here yet but waiting for the postie :)

Totally agree.....there does seem to be a generation from old back into live music currently.

I think there are more of us old feckers that go to gigs than you young ones tbh.Going to see bands is no longer hip and cool:102:

Depends what band ya are seeing. Gigs are full of kids with upcoming and new bands. Every indiekid in the UK is a snotty know-it-all who refuses to see more establish acts.
Maybe I'm out of touch but then again I always have been:102:

I agree with H, there are a lot more people of my age at most of the gigs I go to.

Went to to see Wednesday 13 in the week and I expected to be out of place but wasn't, other than the geezer that came with me dressed as a chav that is.

Although I'm going to see MCR next week so that may be a tad different.

I agree with H, there are a lot more people of my age at most of the gigs I go to.

Went to to see Wednesday 13 in the week and I expected to be out of place but wasn't, other than the geezer that came with me dressed as a chav that is.

I was surprised by the number of people my age at the Editors gig and both Puressence gigs were virtually all 30-60 year olds but then again they are old feckers:icon_bigg

Maybe I'm out of touch but then again I always have been:102:

No, not at all. Kids are becoming brainwashed in seeing bands further than the musical chain than ever - go to the Charlotte most nights when bands doing the toilet circuits are on - that's where the kids are watching music.

But the more methinks about it - I wouldn't all surprised me as you lot say from experience of audiences being of an older generation. I suppose most kids would rather sit on their arse at a computer and listen to music and then go a festival in the summer.

that will be full of 12-14 year olds :icon_lol:

that will be full of 12-14 year olds :icon_lol:
Aye, and they'll all be looking up to me as "the elder statesman of rock" with those dreary "you seen Metallica a hundred years ago before they became famous" eyes.

They will feel inferior in my presence, of that I'm sure :icon_lol:

Aye, and they'll all be looking up to me as "the elder statesman of rock" with those dreary "you seen Metallica a hundred years ago before they became famous" eyes.

And then you will be moaning that your feet are aching,the music is too loud and that you hope they finish by half ten because you have work in the morning and No you aren't taking your cardigan off no matter how warm it is

Last edited:
Matt Nathanson - Some mad hope

I was moaning,for a change,at the Editors that there were too many people and there should be seats....
On Wednesday I took a break from the norm and joined in down the front, right at the very front!!!

I was absolutely bolloxed and dripping wet!!! MHS the young whippersnapper bottled it and stayed back a tad :icon_wink

I think I've proved myself more than capable of performing said concert activities whenever I feel the need to, so from now on I shall sit in my comfy chair full of pride knowing that I'm as virile as I always was :icon_lol:

On Wednesday I took a break from the norm and joined in down the front, right at the very front!!!

I was absolutely bolloxed and dripping wet!!! MHS the young whippersnapper bottled it and stayed back a tad :icon_wink

I think I've proved myself more than capable of performing said concert activities whenever I feel the need to, so from now on I shall sit in my comfy chair full of pride knowing that I'm as virile as I always was :icon_lol:

I'm ok at Puressence concerts at the front because they are all of a similar age to me so I join in with the occasional toe tapping but there were younger ones at the Editors and it all looked frightfully rough at the front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00