Last CD bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they got back togther. The Verve songs written by Nick McCabe are always better than Ashcroft ones.

The single has grown on me.

I really like the single and am hoping the rest of the album is as good.... although I have been stung before buying an album on the strength of one song (Richard Ashcroft solo album 2 for example).

I really like the single and am hoping the rest of the album is as good.... although I have been stung before buying an album on the strength of one song (Richard Ashcroft solo album 2 for example).

Human Conditions? Wasn't his best work at all I don't think.

I thought his third solo album (Keys To The World) was absolutely fantastic.

Human Conditions? Wasn't his best work at all I don't think.

I thought his third solo album (Keys To The World) was absolutely fantastic.

I've never really paid much attention to Keys to the world perhaps I should do. Didn't mind a few of the tracks off Alone with Everybody.

Am I right in thinking RA started to have more of an songwriting influence (on the Verve) as the band progressed, not just lyrics but music. I think that is why I prefer their earlier psychedelic stuff.

History is great song which I belive he wrote the music to. I've never been a fan of The Drugs don't work, which happens to be one of their most popular live songs.

I haven't bought Fourth yet, I've read the mixed reviews, some good some bad. What's the concensus on here?

I've never really paid much attention to Keys to the world perhaps I should do.

I'd recommend it - you can pick it up for cheap, and I do think that there are a couple of very good songs on there.

Keys To The World itself is brilliant, Music Is Power, Break The Night With Colour and Why Do Lovers are also well worth a listen IMO.

The Verve are crap, always have been.

Each to their own.

Can't see why you would have that opinion though. There's al ot of music I can appreciate for it's artistic intent but it's not for me.

S Club 7 however I would class as crap, perhaps slightly more then then Venga boys. But then I guess it has it's uses and Storm in Heaven probably wouldn't work at kids parties.

The Verve are crap, always have been.

Always thought they were ok. Never manage to pull of the mantle of recording an album with a constant hit rate.

But one day in Wigan, back in 1998. They were the world's best band.

[YOUTUBE]r3cEls5JUqk[/YOUTUBE]

Video quality crap but the sound tons more better than the other clip of this song on utube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669