Last purchase on eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pair of earings (no, not for me) 1p + £3.99 postage. I won't know if I've been ripped off until they arrive.

Some football goal nets. Although i haven't actually purchased them yet as Im paying on collection.

A pair of earings (no, not for me) 1p + £3.99 postage. I won't know if I've been ripped off until they arrive.

£3.99 postage is a bit steep for those I'd say. Does the insurance of such valuable items lead to such a cost, as it can't be the weight.

Anyway I'm sure they'll look nice on you and will match your eyes:icon_wink

Last edited:
£3.99 postage is a bit steep for those I'd say. Does the insurance of such valuable items lead to such a cost, as it can't be the weight.

The 'postage fee' also includes the cost of safe packing and eBay sellers are also allowed to include an amount for handling (taking the package to the post office, etc).

A P&P charge that seems out of proportion to the purchase price is not unusual. It is up to the buyer to decide whether they want to purchase, bearing in mind the whole of the cost, not just the purchase price.

The 'postage fee' also includes the cost of safe packing and eBay sellers are also allowed to include an amount for handling (taking the package to the post office, etc).

A P&P charge that seems out of proportion to the purchase price is not unusual. It is up to the buyer to decide whether they want to purchase, bearing in mind the whole of the cost, not just the purchase price.

Apart from certain item categories where eBay have imposed a maximum P&P fee which in my case recently didn't even cover the cost of postage let alone packing and handling.

Apart from certain item categories where eBay have imposed a maximum P&P fee which in my case recently didn't even cover the cost of postage let alone packing and handling.

That's ridiculous. Which categories does that apply to? Is there no 'appeal' when the postage outweighs the prescribed maximum?

Last edited:

Tbf they are coming from China. As I said I'll soon find out if I've been ripped off. It's only £4.00 though.

Also, if the goods are faulty presumably you can get the penny you paid for them back but not the p&p?

That's ridiculous. Which categories does that apply to? Is there no 'appeal' when the postage outweighs the prescribed maximum?

It certainly applies to DVD's and video games. I sold and XBOX accessory which cost me £5.80 to post but the max P&P ebay would allow was £5.

the wind that shakes the barley, looking forward to watching it tonight

I always thought the reason the item was cheap and the postage expensive was because eBay charged a commission on the item sold price excl. postage.

I always thought the reason the item was cheap and the postage expensive was because eBay charged a commission on the item sold price excl. postage.

That as well.

It certainly applies to DVD's and video games. I sold and XBOX accessory which cost me £5.80 to post but the max P&P ebay would allow was £5.
I seem to remember that the last time i sold a DVD i had to put free P&P. I was pretty sure at the time that i was doing something wrng but couldn't work out what. I seem to remember the reason behind it was that feedback from buyers was used to choose a "fair" P&P for the category.

Didn't know that. I'll remember it now though!

Hazel O'Connor - Breaking Glass soundtrack, £4.00 inc p&p, not the best looking wench, but a might fine voice. (Well, she did have back in the 80's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363