Last unread post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie_d123

If a thread is shown on the main talkingballs index and you go into it it takes you to your last unread post. Correct? Correct!!!

When you going into a sub-forum thingymajig and ya enter a thread it takes you to the first or last page in the thread, depending if ya click the thread title or a page number. Correct? Correct!!!

Well my grievance is when i go into a sub-forum thingymajig its annoying trying to find where i last got to.

Is there a way of avoiding this?

If a thread is shown on the main talkingballs index and you go into it it takes you to your last unread post. Correct? Correct!!!

When you going into a sub-forum thingymajig and ya enter a thread it takes you to the first or last page in the thread, depending if ya click the thread title or a page number. Correct? Correct!!!

Well my grievance is when i go into a sub-forum thingymajig its annoying trying to find where i last got to.

Is there a way of avoiding this?

If you click on the
firstnew.gif
to the left of the thread title it takes you straight to the first unread post.
Maybe I should put it in the FAQ if it's not as obvious as I thought it was.

If you click on the
firstnew.gif
to the left of the thread title it takes you straight to the first unread post.
Maybe I should put it in the FAQ if it's not as obvious as I thought it was.

Ahhhh thak you jeff. Maybe it is obvious and its just me that missed it. Im sure other people would of mentioned it by now, what with all the moaning old feckwits on here.

As people don't seem to notice the link for the last unread post, I've changed it so clicking on the thread title does the same thing.
I don't imagine this will cause any problems, but let me know if it does.
That's much better, thank you :038:

Are you another one who hadn't noticed the proper link?

I've always used the proper last unread post link and assumed everyone else did the same thing, so I hadn't considered it a problem. Someone brought it up a while ago but I thought it was just a one off until this thread.
Yep :icon_redf

It wasn't a problem how I used to read the forum, but since I've been converted to using the 'New Posts' method, I was doing more scrolling than necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566