Latest ramblings from the dark side....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider the long-term of this club considerably bright then when Adams was here.

How? The football was absolutely the most dreadful I've ever seen at LCFC under Adams; especially during his final season, hoof, hoof and more hoof. He was extremely arrogant and condescending to the fans, his pitiful tactics involved saying we had "free games" and that he didn't expect to get any points from a fixture before a ball was even kicked. His macho disciplinary stance didn't earn him any respect from the players and we had the La Manga scandal. And don't forget he'd also had a decent amount of money to spend in his final pre-season and decided he needed a Dad's Army. And the best bit, the last minute goals given away - anyone like me who was at Wolves that day will never want his square chin anywhere near us ever again.

Last edited:
How? The football was absolutely the most dreadful I've ever seen at LCFC under Adams; especially during his final season, hoof, hoof and more hoof. He was extremely arrogant and condescending to the fans, his pitiful tactics involved saying we had "free games" and that he didn't expect to get any points from a fixture before a ball was even kicked. His macho disciplinary stance didn't earn him any respect from the players and we had the La Manga scandal. And don't forget he'd also had a decent amount of money to spend in his final pre-season and decided he needed a Dad's Army. And the best bit, the last minute goals given away - anyone like me who was at Wolves that day will never want his square chin anywhere near us ever again.

I have just said Ox. This is a typo

I meant to say
'I consider the long-term of the club considerably brighter now than when Adams was here'

Great post, but completely not what Hazz meant.

bang on. does anyone seriously still want to be watching the keeper hoof goal kicks to scowcroft on the wing as our ONLY form of attack??

I have just said Ox. This is a typo

I meant to say
'I consider the long-term of the club considerably brighter now than when Adams was here'

Sorry for the misunderstanding, didn't see your explanation before I posted.

Last edited:
Regardless of managerial work on the pitch, Levein and Kelly have done well off it. Cut the wage bill and got the average age down. We have 6 or 7 sellable assets now and have the patchwork of a decent team for this they should be applauded.

I made a typo on my comment it should of said
'I consider the long-term of the club considerably brighter than when Adams was here'

Well it's a financial not a football managerial skill to cut the wage bill.

We are good at talking up the value of players on this forum but there is little hard evidence that we have players for whom clubs would pay big money.

I hope that the 'patchwork' is complete enough to enable us to avoid relegation.

I think we have had a succession of poor to ordinary managers who with the exception of Peter Taylor have had to work in difficult circumstances. However, other managers at clubs with even less resources than Kelly are doing a helluva sight better.

bang on. does anyone seriously still want to be watching the keeper hoof goal kicks to scowcroft on the wing as our ONLY form of attack??

Up until a couple of weeks ago, wasn't the keeper hoofing goal kicks to Josh Low instead, not a lot has changed :102:

Personally I cannot wait, please come back little Ralph Wiggum :038:

Last edited:
I think we have had a succession of poor to ordinary managers who with the exception of Peter Taylor have had to work in difficult circumstances.

Whereas he was a poor manager who wasted miliions on crap.

The difference now is that we've managed to get all our crap on the cheap.

Well, in part, since any fecker can cut the wage bill. Making a vaguely competitive team out of what you have left is more difficult, of course.

Yes and our team is not competitive.

It's struggling miserably in the league. It's been despatched very quickly from both cup competitions.

Every quarter decent performance is talked up...but the reality is that we have remained struggling just above or around the relegation zone for several seasons.

So far - ST sales have held up, but without the MM takeover there would be a miserable harvest come the beginning of next season.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, didn't see your explanation before I posted.

Your post was the reason why we should of got rid of Adams. There was ex-Arsenal/Cov player saying exactly the same about his time at Cov in the media, long-ball, bully-boy tactics.

We are good at talking up the value of players on this forum but there is little hard evidence that we have players for whom clubs would pay big money.

I hope that the 'patchwork' is complete enough to enable us to avoid relegation.

There have been seven figure bids for Kisnorbo, Stearman and supposed hounding of Fryatt and Hume at the end of the season. Henderson was rumoured to be interesting Premier clubs. We have players we can sell if the situation suits it.

The 'patchwork' should be enough. Too many poorer sides in the division - Southend, Barnsley, Leeds and Hull. We just need to keep on picking up wins which we WILL do for now because most of players are playing for their job in threat of the MM takeover.

TBH, however I can not at the minute see another club the size of Leicester who are doing any better in our financial situation. We have not spent a penny on a player. Colchester haven't even but they didnt have such a financial burden anyway. All the sides like Burnley, Plymouth, Wolves have all spent money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00