Laurie Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Just interested to hear older fans views on him.

Was reading up on his story - ex Leyton Orient player who went on to play for Read Madrid but who died in a car crash aged 33. It's quite bizarre to think of an Englishman who only got 6 caps playing for Real Madrid, but then I found out he played for Leicester toward the end of his career.

Would be interested what peoples' views are on his time at Leicester? As he must have had some talent in his day?

Just interested to hear older fans views on him.

Was reading up on his story - ex Leyton Orient player who went on to play for Read Madrid but who died in a car crash aged 33. It's quite bizarre to think of an Englishman who only got 6 caps playing for Real Madrid, but then I found out he played for Leicester toward the end of his career.

Would be interested what peoples' views are on his time at Leicester? As he must have had some talent in his day?

I remember watching him play for us. He was clearly talented but finished as a top level player by injuries. He seemed to be going through the motions with us.

Imagine a cross between that fat twat Johnson we had from Man City and Lloyd Dyer.

If you go to the football ramble website and search his name you'll find a profile on him, Cyril Regis and another player who's name escapes me. They were the 'three degrees' that Ron Atkinson had a WBA.

If you go to the football ramble website and search his name you'll find a profile on him, Cyril Regis and another player who's name escapes me. They were the 'three degrees' that Ron Atkinson had a WBA.

Brendan Batson is the third.

Can't remember his short stay with us in the 80's when, truth be told, we were both pretty shabby. He turned it on ten years earlier, when WBA thrashed us at Filbert St at the back end of Bloomfield's era. Left for Spain shortly after.

One of the many things I thought last night was how few of our good young players ever go to clubs abroard, and virtually the whole team are bit part players to the foreign stars in the PL. May be turd polishing but it might avoid the rabbits caught in the headlights manner we adopt at major championships.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670