Lay Off City

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

Back page of the mocruy today :icon_evil :018:

BY GRAHAM MELTON

10:15 - 12 August 2006
Some sections of Leicester City's support has come under fire from fans' chief Cliff Ginnetta.

The City Supporters Club chairman slammed the way some of the home crowd reacted to the team's defensive tribulations during the first half of Tuesday night's 1-0 home defeat by Burnley.

And he believed that their anxiety was transferred to the players - and contributed in its own way to the set-piece goal they conceded just before half-time.

Ginnetta said that he understood the fans' frustrations at City's struggles with their "old demons", but felt that the criticism from parts of the ground did not help matters.

"I was in the family section and I thought people were very critical at that end," he said.

"I can understand the frustrations but I thought the goal Burnley scored was partly down to the fans. I was a bit disappointed with the fans' reaction."

And Ginnetta believes that if fans continue in that vein, it could hold back the development of young players - something a club such as City are heavily dependent upon.

"If the crowd are going to have a go at them like they did on Tuesday, I think Robert Kelly will be dubious about putting in young players like Conrad Logan and Levi Porter," he said.

Ginnetta, though, was impressed with the response from the Kop during the second half. "I thought they were brilliant," he said.

Ginnetta said he was amazed to hear some calls for the manager's head on a radio phone-in - before Tuesday's defeat at the Walkers Stadium.

"We've got to stick with him, stick with his team and bring the young players through," added Ginnetta, "It's the only chance we've got."

City boss Kelly also urged the supporters to back their team in today's game against Ipswich.

Speaking exclusively in the official match-day programme, Kelly said: "Your support is going to be invaluable again in giving all of the players every possible encouragement."

Club officials are again asking fans to turn up wearing anything blue in colour and those fans who acquired a flag in midweek are asked to return with it tomorrow and bring it to all future home fixtures.

Another 5,000 flags will be interspersed among the crowd at the Ipswich game.

its you melts i konw it is ,if its not you was Ginnetta sat next to you and A-Z :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;)

Bollox

fcukcov said:

Beat me to it Fcuk...they want support but put no effort in to get it.Its a two way thing.

Last edited:
newtonfox said:
thats what i thought leroy
more flags, feckin crackin. 5000 more that should be two each now then based on recent attendences.

highland fox said:
Beat me to it Fcuk...they want support but put no effort in to get it.Its a two way thing.
See durhams article on vitalfootballthingy tbf.

Just a thought but 5000 flags at say 5 quid a pop (cheap printing as we are buying in bulk, however im sure someone will correct this) is £25000 which I reckon would cover a chunk of the age bill for a week, pisses me off that they think this is only the thing wrong with the atmos a few feckin flags.

fcukcov said:
Just a thought but 5000 flags at say 5 quid a pop (cheap printing as we are buying in bulk, however im sure someone will correct this) is £25000 which I reckon would cover a chunk of the age bill for a week, pisses me off that they think this is only the thing wrong with the atmos a few feckin flags.

which makes 50k due to this beeing the second lot fcuk the flags give the money to RK :098:

Last edited:
newtonfox said:
which makes 50k due to this beeing the second lot **** the flags give the money RK :098:
or more as there must have been around 10k flags the first time around.

highland fox said:
Feck I agree with him again.:icon_roll
youll be buying a mini and a flash mobile phone next.;)

newtonfox said:
ture so thats 100k ferking hell :icon_evil
tbf newts its only a very rough estimation. im sure someone will put me right sooner or later.

highland fox said:

Yes it is a 2 way thing. But imagine yourself on the pitch being booed everytime something goes wrong. Its gonna seriously affect your game.
We may not win every game but we sure can give 100% support to the team every game.
I know its difficult and i myself am guilty of showing my frustration at the team.
Put yourself in this situation, you take your 9 year to play for his team on a Sunday am and he makes a few mistakes, you dont have a go at him as it will affect his game, you encourage him to keep his head up.
I know thats on a smaller scale but it is a similar scenario.

FFS blaming the fans for conceding the goal, not the players. A load of ****ing bollocks. £25 to go and watch performances like that we have every right to boo all we want and then to be accused of losing the game for the players.

Who is this woman I'd like to giver her a peice of my mind.

Wanker

chrislcfc18 said:
Yes it is a 2 way thing. But imagine yourself on the pitch being booed everytime something goes wrong. Its gonna seriously affect your game.
We may not win every game but we sure can give 100% support to the team every game.
I know its difficult and i myself am guilty of showing my frustration at the team.
Put yourself in this situation, you take your 9 year to play for his team on a Sunday am and he makes a few mistakes, you dont have a go at him as it will affect his game, you encourage him to keep his head up.
I know thats on a smaller scale but it is a similar scenario.

its not the same mate they are payed to play where our kids do it for the love of the game :icon_lol: ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670