Lazy, Unfit or not Motivated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

Just returned from the game - what was up with Williams and Hughes? I don't think that they're out of position but I can't work out what there problem is. One vision sticks in my mind - Williams on the 18 yard line, 10 mins to go and he's shaking his head not wanting the ball from Joe G!! Hughes still doesn't look fit, Kisnorbo out his depth, MDV never going to cut it at this level and Danny T bloody lucky to stay on the pitch. I want to believe but I'm not sure in what anymore.

Were you at the right game. Other than Tiatto and Hughes drifting out of position and i dont need to mention the problem with De Vries i thought tonights second half was much better. Kisnorbo had a much better game at left back than he did in midfield on saturday.

And we looked much more of a threat up front when Dion came on.

I never said Kisnorbo wasn't better then Saturday - but he still got beat far too easy by an average player and some his passing was all over the place.

As for the second half being better - I presume you mean in comparison to Saturday well it should have looked better we had 11 players (only just) and played a side far worse then a lot of average championship sides like QPR are.

We could have stole it at the end but then so could have brighton. It was frustrating to see us struggle down the middle when there is heaps of pace and width on the bench.

Just arrived home. Thought Hughes performed well. The only one with any foresight, must be getting to full fitness soon. Williams ball control was utter S**t, was also lacking in commitment. Danny was lucky to be on the field but performed well and actually gave us some to play with on the left side. Thought Kisnorbo struggled at left back, got exposed often by trying to get it onto his right peg. Johansson often left Paddy exposed with his indecision wether to go for the ball or not. We were unlucky not score in the second half but must admit the best three clear cut chances fell to Brighton but never in the game did I feel they were capable of scoring. Again the referee was more the one who wanted attention, stopped the game to many times for stupid things. Had problems giving indentical situations the same verdict. Still the problem is basically the same as it has been for a long while, goals, ball in the net.

I've got no complaints about the ref after he didn't send Tiatto off...
The 2nd half was quality, end to end stuff, we should have won 6-4...
We still wanted one touch too many in the box (don't bother hf...)

Perhaps we should reform and start again. How about AFC LEICESTER on vicky park in the Dorothy Perkins league. Ah well only a joke boys, you've gotta keep smiling.:)

Bilborough Fox said:
Johansson often left Paddy exposed with his indecision wether to go for the ball or not.

Johansson kept confusing Henderson with that as well. Loved it when Henderson finally snapped and just charged out, punched the ball away and flattened Johansson.

Thought this thread was about me, oh well. I don't think the team are unfit - maybe they don't feel encouraged to wear their hearts on their sleeves just yet - and I'm not surprised - why would you give 110% if large majority of the crowd is booing you? It aint rocket science. It's like someone at work asking you to do something to the best of your ability and then hampering your progress and knocking you off balance and jeering and the like whilst you try. Totally unproductive IMO. As for 'not motivated', this is pretty much the same as 'lazy'.

Joe_Fox said:
Thought this thread was about me, oh well. I don't think the team are unfit - maybe they don't feel encouraged to wear their hearts on their sleeves just yet - and I'm not surprised - why would you give 110% if large majority of the crowd is booing you? It aint rocket science. It's like someone at work asking you to do something to the best of your ability and then hampering your progress and knocking you off balance and jeering and the like whilst you try. Totally unproductive IMO. As for 'not motivated', this is pretty much the same as 'lazy'.

just another day at this place :102:

Joe_Fox said:

Nobody was booing, Joe.

lazzer said:
there were some booing at the end

That didn't effect the players performance though did it. I thought the backing from the crowd on the whole was OK, considering.

Last edited:
There was some booing at half-time. Surprisingly there was some booing while we were passing the ball about. Get the feeling that a lot of supporters were not happy unless we were lumping the ball forward. Then they were complaining we couldn't hang on to the ball. No pleasing some. Don't think the manager got any chance of success with these kind of fans. We did miss a proper left back again and an outlet down the left.

The level of booing that we experienced last night should not affect the team. The majority of what we were hearing was pent up frustration when supporters know that every individual can probably do better then they are at the moment. Whether that is a reflection on their individual performances, tactics and the way the team are playing at the moment is a debate for another day.

The frustration and the booing comes with the territory of being involved in the game at this level and I'm sure Levin and gang have heard it all before.

What kind of fan would you like the Leicester crowd to be? One thats not emotive? One that can't release some of that frustration? Depending on where we all sat last night we would have all heard different things, in the cop there was quite a bit of noise (more then I was expecting) and I didn't hear enough moaning and booing to think that should affect the performance of the team.

You could hear the crowd getting 'uneasy' when we were passing the ball between each other in the 2nd half.IMO that's going to make someone 'hoof ' it which invariably leads to the ball being lost and the crowd becoming more restless.Again it's down to patience which at the moment is in short supply.

highland fox said:
You could hear the crowd getting 'uneasy' when we were passing the ball between each other in the 2nd half.IMO that's going to make someone 'hoof ' it which invariably leads to the ball being lost and the crowd becoming more restless.Again it's down to patience which at the moment is in short supply.

Spot on.

the question has to be asked to why we only put 2 attack minded players on the field with 10 or so minutes left to play. dublins substitution was unlikely to scare some tired defenders and brought nothing different to what MDV had produced prior. the MDV situation is doing my head in now, i thought he was a better player than hume last night, but every time Hume messed up (and there were serveral) we all shouted "huuuuuume" but if devries did similar there were boos. sense? similar scenario with hughes, in my opinion hughes has been bollocks the last two games, but what has gone before has saved him the embarassment of stick from the fans.

i can't see any sort of stability in our team unless we have a first choice midfield line up, picking our best players ahead of who is best in each position is making us look like the england team. joe looks a better player on the wing than tiatto, and doesnt give 10 freekicks away in 1 half on our left touchline. sylla has the ability to run to the goal line and get a cross in, therefore i would expect him to play on the wing, instead of a central midfielder. once again i thought joey was the best player in our midfield yesterday and has been most of the season, hated the guy last season but he appears to have a clue on what he is doing this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669