lcfc.com beats the press conference to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~816204,00.html

New Chairman And Manager For Foxes

LEICESTER City Football Club today (Friday) announced the appointments of a new chairman and a new football manager.

Andrew Taylor, former Chairman and Chief Executive of McDonald's UK, becomes the club's new executive chairman in succession to Jim McCahill.

And Rob Kelly (pictured) has signed a rolling one-year agreement to be manager after successfully preserving the club's Championship status this season.

Both appointments will be unveiled at a press conference at the Walkers Stadium this morning.

A Foxes fan since the mid 1970s, Mr Taylor will assume the chairmanship from June 1. In the interim period he will act as deputy chairman to Mr McCahill.

Mr Taylor said: "It is a great honour to become chairman of a club I have supported since I was a student and I am delighted to announce that Rob Kelly has agreed to become our next manager.

"Together with the players, he has done a marvellous job for the club in preserving our Championship status and richly deserves his opportunity.

"I know that he can count on the full backing of the board, the players, supporters and everyone connected with the club."

Mr Taylor (48) is married with four children and as a season ticket holder is a regular attendee at Foxes matches home and away with his children.

Mr Taylor graduated from the University of Leicester in 1979 and began his business career at McDonald's as a management trainee in 1979. He was appointed Chief Executive in 1996 and Chairman in 2002 and left the business after 25 years in 2004.

Kelly assumes his new position after originally taking over on a short-term basis in succession to Craig Levein in January.

During that time the club have won seven, drawn three and lost two of 12 matches to ease relegation fears and preserve the club's Championship status.

"I am very flattered to be offered the position and delighted to accept it," said Kelly.

"I have really enjoyed my first taste of management and would like to thank the players, staff and the supporters for their backing.

"It is they who have ultimately helped me get this position. We have preserved our Championship status this season which was the challenge we were given in January.

"We face even tougher challenges in the future but I can assure everyone connected with the club that I, my staff and the players will doing our utmost to bring success to the club."

Mr McCahill has been chairman for three years and he will now assume a new position of deputy chairman.

He said: "It has been a great privilege to serve the club as Chairman. I have many great memories and will continue to give the club my complete backing.

"There are many duties to be undertaken as deputy chairman and I look forward to giving Andrew, the board and the club my continued support."

Last edited:
I see on Sky we get a brief mention in the white text at the bottom of the screen. I am sure if we were a more "significant" club, we would have a yellow "breaking news" banner and a "Just In" report. Good to see the blackout continues, I am surprised Shalamara hasn't came to our rescue to run an "in depth" report

Melton Fox said:
I see on Sky we get a brief mention in the white text at the bottom of the screen. I am sure if we were a more "significant" club, we would have a yellow "breaking news" banner and a "Just In" report. Good to see the blackout continues, I am surprised Shalamara hasn't came to our rescue to run an "in depth" report

and then modestly denied "claims" that it was he who told the board to appoint RK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669