LCFC Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do we think the impact would be if the fans got behind the team, with a wall of noise from the off on Sunday, followed by strong vocal backing throughout the game ?

I realise that we want the team to give us something to cheer, but what about a bit of blind loyalty for a game, would it help the team.

1966 said:
What do we think the impact would be if the fans got behind the team, with a wall of noise from the off on Sunday, followed by strong vocal backing throughout the game ?

I realise that we want the team to give us something to cheer, but what about a bit of blind loyalty for a game, would it help the team.

Yup, aint gonna happen though especially on a Sunday.:icon_sad:

Don't think noise has a direct bearing on a result, but it wouldn't do any harm. We certainly need to get on refs backs more than we do and a good atmosphere makes fans come back for more. This group of players is so lacking in confidence that anything we can do might help, but they really need to start helping themselves if we are honest.

I'm staying positive for Sunday!

1966 said:

in an ideal world but no chance

1966 said:
What do we think the impact would be if the fans got behind the team, with a wall of noise from the off on Sunday, followed by strong vocal backing throughout the game ?.

If they put the music on up to the second before kick off again sadly no chance :icon_roll

Well done, the Bobmeister! We need to get behind the team, otherwise what is the point in going. I know the points situation away from home has not been brilliant, but the team seem to play with a bit more freedom away from Filbert Way, because as away supporters you feel you have to outsing the home fans, and that must give the players confidence, rather than hearing abject silence ( or worse! ) at home. :098: By the way 2-1 to Leicester on Sunday - get your shillings on!

Last edited:
if i remember correctly, we have played totally different away from home to at home. pressure from our home supporters has been nothing short of disgusting in my honest opinion. how did we perform last season eh? there must be a completely new set of fans this season as everyone expects a shit team to run away with the league. for the first time as a season ticket holder i said on tuesday "i might not renew next season", not because of the performance of our team, but our fans. what a bunch of wankers we were on tuesday, nobody can argue with that. it would save me alot of money and allow more money for the matches i do enjoy watching now, the away ones.

fitz said:
if i remember correctly, we have played totally different away from home to at home. pressure from our home supporters has been nothing short of disgusting in my honest opinion. how did we perform last season eh? there must be a completely new set of fans this season as everyone expects a shit team to run away with the league. for the first time as a season ticket holder i said on tuesday "i might not renew next season", not because of the performance of our team, but our fans. what a bunch of wankers we were on tuesday, nobody can argue with that. it would save me alot of money and allow more money for the matches i do enjoy watching now, the away ones.

Not much difference in results away from home though.

i've returned from every away match thinking that it wasnt that bad. whether atmosphere blinds my view of the shit we are watching away from home i dont know. but i'd say that games such as crewe had much more feeling from the players (especially second half) to the matches at home against QPR, Burnley etc. and you have to realise that getting stick from opositions fans away from home is less than at home from city fans.

If you get on the back of our own players it gives the opposing team the advantage. You can almost hear the away team pre-match talk. " Come on lads, get in to em, early goal and their own fans will start booing em. Then we'll have a stroll in the park" :102:

what i am meaning to say is that away from home our players are not getting stick from either sets of fans, whereas at home the opposition fans do not need to give us any grief, we do it for them. the results have been shit both home and away, but performances away from home have shown much more confidence and often we have PASSED the ball. on tuesday straight from second half kick off hughes tried running forward with the ball, lost it and everyone started getting on the teams back. "unlucky son" and a few claps may have helped a bit more and kept an attacking belief to the game

Bobby Smith said:
Don't think noise has a direct bearing on a result, but it wouldn't do any harm. We certainly need to get on refs backs more than we do and a good atmosphere makes fans come back for more. This group of players is so lacking in confidence that anything we can do might help, but they really need to start helping themselves if we are honest.

I'm staying positive for Sunday!

It can have a bearing. Remember the Kop had a good 20 minute noise spell against Wolves last season, the players responded with more tenacity & we scored.

Totally agree we need to put far more pressure on refs & howl loudly if one of our players falls over in the penalty area. Also go for the 'off,off,off' shouts more as well.

We face that on our travels!

Also chant a name if a player shows a good bit of skill, find anyway to give backing.

We are getting fed up of fans who will moan about DeVries before the ball has even reached him. Whether you like a player or not, let's get behind him while he is playing - doing otherwise is supporting the opposition!

We all need to play a part

Best home atmosphere of the season was the first game against Stoke - and look what happened...

Foxes_Trust said:
We are getting fed up of fans who will moan about DeVries before the ball has even reached him.

Not to mention the fans who moan about DeVries when Hammond makes an elementary error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669