• Ian Holloway

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Other - please state in a post

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is the worst manager...

McLintock and Taylor destroyed teams that were doing well in the top flight but Holloway has taken us into Division 3....

I think MCclintock was far worse.

Hollow is a clown

Taylor without a doubt. Granted anyone coming in after Martin the Messiah would have struggled to get the fans on his side but he took a squad that was performing and in his attempt to make it his not only left us with one that wasn't but the fecker spent too much money trying to do it :icon_evil

Taylor, although I've heard horror stories about Mcklintock it was before my time

Taylor and McLintock were both out of their depths managing a top division team. They couldn't do the big job.

Holloway struggled in a league where he was at home. He's spent quite some time in the division that we have just departed. A MAJOR failure.

Last edited:
Frank McLintock gets a very bad press on this forum - but I wonder how many people who rubbish him were either around or old enough to actually understand the situation in his one and only relegation season.

First, it's absolute rubbish to say that McLintock took over a decent side. The reality is that he took over at a point where the best players from the Bloomfield era had either left, had long term injuries (e.g. Weller) or were past their sell by date. People were over-optimistic when McLintock came in - largely based on the fact that many remembered him as one of the best ever Leicester City players. Anyone actually looking at the players at his disposal and taking account that we were not a big spending club would have known that trouble lay ahead.

Frank McLintock gets a very bad press on this forum - but I wonder how many people who rubbish him were either around or old enough to actually understand the situation in his one and only relegation season.

First, it's absolute rubbish to say that McLintock took over a decent side. The reality is that he took over at a point where the best players from the Bloomfield era had either left, had long term injuries (e.g. Weller) or were past their sell by date. People were over-optimistic when McLintock came in - largely based on the fact that many remembered him as one of the best ever Leicester City players. Anyone actually looking at the players at his disposal and taking account that we were not a big spending club would have known that trouble lay ahead.

So who did you vote for?

So who did you vote for?

Peter Taylor. He (along with the Board of the time) destroyed all the work of MON in a few months.

Holloway is simply out of his depth - but to be fair he took over a bad, unmotivated squad - and has just made things worse. Peter Taylor is in a disaster class all of hiw own.

Peter Taylor is the worst by a country mile....took over king Martin's LCFC dream team, spent near on £20 million on utter shite (was it £5.75 on Ade Akinbiyi...FFS!!!)...he undid all O'Neills excellent work.

Read Stan Collymore's autobiography and you'll see what an absolute tool Taylor is.

I'll tw4t him if I ever meet Peter Taylor.

Gutted.

Only one Manager has got us relegated with one of, if not the largest budgets in the league.

Only one Manager has one of the leagues strongest squads and still got us relegated.

Only one Manager has got us relegated to the third division and given us our new worst league position of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669