League Cup 3rd Round Luton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome draw

I remember going between the houses on a raised staircase and being able to stare into peoples gardens, absolute shithole.

Also remember us relentlessly mocking some bloke in a box with a big nose for 90 minutes, proper good, dirty away day.

Might try and get down for it.

Wonder if thew pub is still there that we were all forced into, I seem to remember it was up a dead end near the train station, it got turned over by some unsavory types if I remember rightly.

2007 in the Championship, at home Mark Yeates scored in a 1-1 draw. We lost 2-0 at their place earlier in the season.

I remember that game at Luton well. First game of the season, on TV. We were diabolical. Almost as bad as the 0-5 start against Bolton from a few years before. We were behind in the 8th minute and never threatened an equaliser, letting in a second late in the second half.

Rob Kelly as our new manager selected this shit show line up: Henderson, Kenton, Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury, Williams, Johnson, Tiatto, Hume, Fryatt

That's right, we managed to get six defenders into the same side. Welcome to the exciting new season!

Johnson and Kenton made their debuts after both joining on free transfers. McAuley and Low were also new (free) recruits.

Hey, here's a recent picture of Josh Low:

1567068436803.png

He looks like a professional wrestling manager whose entire character is “evil German”.
He’s got some pretty dangerous moves to be fair, he’s the only player I’ve ever seen concede a penalty by bicycle kicking an opponent in the face when trying to clear the ball.

Last time I went to Luton was in 1985, Leicester lost 4-0. It was early May and it was bloody freezing, word came out that the Bradford game had been abandoned because of a fire, some wags were saying we could do with that here to warm us up. No one knew at the time just how bad it was.

Saw the FA Cup win in '74 when we won 4-0. Also went to the 4-0 loss 2 or 3 seasons later, when Keith Weller scored a spectacular own goal!

Last time I went to Luton was in 1985, Leicester lost 4-0. It was early May and it was bloody freezing, word came out that the Bradford game had been abandoned because of a fire, some wags were saying we could do with that here to warm us up. No one knew at the time just how bad it was.
Wasn't that Linekers last game for us?
I went as well and he had probably his worst game in a City shirt and the rest of the team were already on the beach, and played absolute shite.
Complete waste of time and money for the numerous City fans that turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566