Lee Trundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone has hoaxed BBC Radio Leicester and then because we believe them we too have bought into the hoax. Until I see something different I am treating this as a rumour without foundation. :? :? :?

If you'd have seen it Steven I would have believed you, but I'm guessing you are in the same position as me...its a hoax guys!

SilverFox said:
If you'd have seen it Steven I would have believed you, but I'm guessing you are in the same position as me...its a hoax guys!

I believed this as it was exactly the same way in which the news about Hughes came out, only this came out about 5 mins earlier. :? :?

Steven said:
I think someone has hoaxed BBC Radio Leicester and then because we believe them we too have bought into the hoax. Until I see something different I am treating this as a rumour without foundation. :? :? :?

but why say you seen it on sky sports?????????????????????????????????? if you said you herd it on radio leicester then no1 wud of believed it cus the majority of the stuff on their is bollox.

Birch annouced he had heard the rumour as well, is unusual for birch to get involved in rumours with no substance

matt_c0nn0lly said:
Steven said:

but why say you seen it on sky sports?????????????????????????????????? if you said you herd it on radio leicester then no1 wud of believed it cus the majority of the stuff on their is bollox.

To be fair I said "Sky Sports are reporting that City and Swansea have agreed a bid of £400,000 for Lee Trundle." and although I can see that I may have created an impression, my post was not intended to deceive. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Lboro fox said:
Birch annouced he had heard the rumour as well, is unusual for birch to get involved in rumours with no substance

I think Birch was responding to a text...sorry folks I am convinced this is a load of balls. Got all our hopes up for a bit but I'm afraid its not going to happen.

To be honest I can't really see Levein signing someone who is not fit. Trundle would be a lot of work to get into shape. Since this is all a load of Crap anyway it is not something we even have to concern ourselves with.

Oh, and don't get on Stevens back! I along with everyone believed it too for a bit!

Could well be a smokescreen, as with recent transfers we have been linked with players, but then sign somebody else completely out of the blue like Hirschfeld, Hughes and McCarthy, also 400k appears to be a large fee for somebody unproven at this level, would like to see us go for Ugarte at Wrexham who we could get at a fraction of the cost with them in administration and he has a decent predigree. Trundle used to be play non league up in the North West and was called the non league equivalent of Stan Collymore in terms of ability and temprament.

SilverFox said:
Lboro fox said:

I think Birch was responding to a text...sorry folks I am convinced this is a load of balls. Got all our hopes up for a bit but I'm afraid its not going to happen.

To be honest I can't really see Levein signing someone who is not fit. Trundle would be a lot of work to get into shape. Since this is all a load of Crap anyway it is not something we even have to concern ourselves with.

Oh, and don't get on Stevens back! I along with everyone believed it too for a bit!

I hope it was a City fan trying to cheer us up :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: rather than a F%^*&t trying to be funny. :roll:

Steven said:
SilverFox said:
Lboro fox said:

I hope it was a City fan trying to cheer us up :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: rather than a F%^*&t trying to be funny. :roll:
It hasn't exactly cheered me up...but it proves that there is always hope!

Another little point to think about is that Swansea are 3 points from an automatic promotion place! NO WAY would they sell their top goalscorer at this stage of the season. They stand to make money out of going up! Probably more than we would offer for trundle.

As you say steven, nice while it lasted but utter shite!

Well the Sky ticker was saying that Cheltingham player Devaney has been subject to a bid from a Championship club.

A fellow fan has told me that he was talking to a mate in Bristol today & the local radio said we were the club. He's scored 9 in 36 games his season (so 1 in 4), his career average is not far from that either.

Is that the smoke screen theory fuelled?

KTFaith said:
Well the Sky ticker was saying that Cheltingham player Devaney has been subject to a bid from a Championship club.

A fellow fan has told me that he was talking to a mate in Bristol today & the local radio said we were the club. He's scored 9 in 36 games his season (so 1 in 4), his career average is not far from that either.

Good effort but, curiously and this has yet to be confirmed, Devaney was also meantioned on the moan in. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

KTFaith said:

9 in 36!!! Thats only 3 more than Connolly and he's in a lower league. No thanks!! :eek:

I hope there is no truth to the Trundle link.IMO he is lazy and fat and we've already got Nathan Blake who fits the bill on both of those counts.If we are going to have a Scouser then go for Jeffers on loan,will definately score in this League, just to make sure we stay up.

highland fox said:
I hope there is no truth to the Trundle link.IMO he is lazy and fat and we've already got Nathan Blake who fits the bill on both of those counts.If we are going to have a Scouser then go for Jeffers on loan,will definately score in this League, just to make sure we stay up.

This looks like the Hughes transfer, came on the Sky Sports (alledgedly) just before 7 pm and picked up straight away at BBC Radio Leicester. However unlike the Hughes (about 1/2 hour later) deal I cannot see sight nor sound of this rumour anywhere apart from this and another forum. :-( :-( :? :? :?

To be fair he probably isn't Leveins type of player. I think he likes his players to be fit. Trundle is to much work!

Though he does have the skills to pay the bills!

i dont think we will get jeffers, he will want wages (1 reason CL was pleased scowys on loan) and for that reason alone i cant see us getting him. also he will probably want to go to a team thats going to be promoted or a team that pushing for promotion. however Jeffers would be perfect.

and as for the guy whos got 9 in 36, whats that? barely anything. we want someone who is bagging 20 goals a season, given the chance i think Jeffers can do it

The creator of this hoax was probably the master of all previous hoaxes that formally graced this forum.....

Cainy/Whoareya/macca4lcfc! :lol: Whatever happened to that guy!

i'm really dissapointed got my hopes up for nothing :( however after posting the original information about this on this thread i too looked on many websites and sky sports news and found no information-looks like we have all been fooled :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669