Hobbs 7
Morrison 7

Dyer 8
Oakley 7
King 6
Gradel 8

Howard 7
Fryatt 6

Stockdale 6. Was competent and did what was needed.

Mattock 6 Didn't do much wrong tbf, but was the 'worst' of our defenders if you can say that.

Brown 8 Utter rock at the back. Didn't mess about and his experience helped settle the younger defenders.

Hobbs 7 Looked composed and has looked more and more comfortable as the season has gone on.

Morrison 6 .Ably filled in, got forward when he could and didn't panic.

Gradel 7 Full of attitude and full of running, and Delphyboy couldn't cope.

Oakley 8. Ran the midfield and worked his socks off.

King 6. Did ok. Got forward, and even managed to put a few tackles in, did what he needed to.

Dyer 8 MOTM He is finishing the season as he started it, going full tilt at defenders who can't seem to stop him, and playing out of his skin.

Fryatt 6 Thought he worked hard, but just hasn't had the same form since before Christmas(I'm sure people have their own thought as to why that is.:icon_roll)

Howard 7 Got the all important goal, but was closely watched by his marker for much of the match. Not when it mattered though HA!

Last edited:
Can't be bothered doing ratings for everyone (only watched the game on Sky anyway), but thought Gradel and Dyer were our best players by some distance. Fantastic stuff from both of them. Gradel was just everywhere and involved in anything, and everytime Dyer got the ball it seemed like something would happen. Leeds couldn't deal with them at all.

Think the low ratings for Fryatt are harsh... thought he did well really, without getting too many chances. Put a lot of effort in and was closing down and running for everything. Was disappointed when he was taken off.

Don't think anyone played particularly bad today... Brown scared me a few times at the back, partly because of his tussles with Becchio. Thought the central midfield players were a bit anonymous, although Oakley did come into the game more second half.

Fryatt 6 Thought he worked hard, but just hasn't had the same form since before Christmas(I'm sure people have their own thought as to why that is.:icon_roll)

How about he has been playing through with an injury for several months and once we have secured promotion will have an op :icon_sad:

I had been a big critic of Brown, but today he was fantastic! Instead of the constant hoof ball he normally plays, he looked back to Stockdale who has a great kick. It was an absolutely great day, I hate Leeds scum.

Never mind the game ratings, I would give Fryatt a 4/10 for his charismatic punditry on the Milwall - P'borough game :)

How about he has been playing through with an injury for several months and once we have secured promotion will have an op :icon_sad:

Plenty of players play through injuries, I seem to recall Lennon playing the last couple of months of his first full season for us with a broken toe, taking painkilling injections before every game but it didn't stop him putting in impressive performances.

He could have the op now for all it matters.

Stockdale 8 - Looks a very good keeper indeed IMO

Morrison 8 - Filled in especially well, good tackling, good passing and a good shot
Brown 8 - Solid, won the battle with the dirty Argie
Hobbs 8 - We must sign this man if at all possible
Mattock 6 - Looked ordinary

Gradel 7 - Starting to regain the form which so excited at the start of this campaign
King 8 - Good passing and great running in to the penalty area at times
Oakley 9 - A Captain's performance, was everywhere and ran the midfield
Dyer 8 - Superb player, playing well again..

Fryatt 5 - Not sure what is with Matty, but he looked poor yesterday....and has done for a while IMO
Howard 9 - What a player....Turning in to a LCFC legend is this man.

Stockdale 6. Was competent and did what was needed.

Mattock 6 Didn't do much wrong tbf, but was the 'worst' of our defenders if you can say that.

Brown 8 Utter rock at the back. Didn't mess about and his experience helped settle the younger defenders.

Hobbs 7 Looked composed and has looked more and more comfortable as the season has gone on.

Morrison 6 .Ably filled in, got forward when he could and didn't panic.

Gradel 7 Full of attitude and full of running, and Delphyboy couldn't cope.

Oakley 8. Ran the midfield and worked his socks off.

King 6. Did ok. Got forward, and even managed to put a few tackles in, did what he needed to.

Dyer 8 MOTM He is finishing the season as he started it, going full tilt at defenders who can't seem to stop him, and playing out of his skin.

Howard 7 Got the all important goal, but was closely watched by his marker for much of the match. Not when it mattered though HA!

totally agree with you bf, thought the best 3 players were brown, oakley and dyer

Based soley on TV viewing:
Stockdale 7 Couple of dodgy moments but generally ok (would be on my list of possible purchases for next year)
Morrison 7 Solid and many City years ahead of him (great purchase by NP)
Brown 7 Subdued the Argie but i dont think we will buy him
Hobbs 8 My MOTM quietly effective (hope we can finalise a deal and slot him next to the mighty Tunch)
Mattock 6 adequate, capable of better
Gradel 7 Worked hard, but didnt always provide a good final ball (hence limited chances for front 2)
Oakley 6 Worked hard but seems to play better from the right
King 6 Busy but didnt get a grip ( i would purchase 2 new central midfielders "Davies like" creator and a "Lennon yype" busyball winner)
Dyer 7 Looked our best creative player (should have taken some corners)
Fryatt 7 good in possesion didnt get enough balls to feet
Howard 7 Vital player in this team but IMO we need a better quality target man next season
Pearson 9 Top marks not only for this game but for proving me wrong as i was not happy about his appointment. well done

Not being at the match I cannot give players rating ofcourse... however, watching the extended highlights on LCFC world Stockdale did seem to flap quite alot at the ball..okay he kept a clean sheet but Not what you could call "banks of england class" IMO...Was he really worth 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566