Pre Match Leeds United Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

1 0 away win. King 94th min.

they must be on a high after the takeover and a good result v Palace, however WE ARE LEICESTER, in reality id take a draw but see no reason why we cant leave Elland road as we did last season ie with 3 points im predicting 1-2 Vardy Waghorn (lets silence the yorkies again and of course Colin)

Quite happy we are not top at the moment as this would put us on a bit of a pedastal and as we are already on one ''big spending Leicester city'' where we are now is nearly ideal.

Second would be good bit so long as we are in the top six with 6 games to go and are not addict of the top 2 I feel this would suit us as a club.

I am very encouraged by how we have been playing since the first few games and am really looking forward to being on TV on Saturday, hopefully with Nugent back.

Please let's beat Leeds on Tuesday as I work with two of their fans and a fellow Leicester fan...

Leeds will definitely be a different proposition to Sheffield Wed - 4pts from 2 away games would be great so I'd be more than happy with a draw - Peltier og for us

Quite happy we are not top at the moment as this would put us on a bit of a pedastal and as we are already on one ''big spending Leicester city'' where we are now is nearly ideal.

Second would be good bit so long as we are in the top six with 6 games to go and are not addict of the top 2 I feel this would suit us as a club.

I am very encouraged by how we have been playing since the first few games and am really looking forward to being on TV on Saturday, hopefully with Nugent back.

Please let's beat Leeds on Tuesday as I work with two of their fans and a fellow Leicester fan...
Unfortunately, this 'settling' attitude can often work its way into the mindset of the team too. I've seen it too often recently
I'd rather have a team which is trying to win, wants to give nothing and has 2 points+ per game now, than the hope of bigger things to come.

You have a solid foundation, but you need to get on terms with Palace before a chasm opens.

Thanks for the advice.

May I impart some for you Ridders: since your team is synonymous with late season crumbles perhaps speaking of promotion as a foregone conclusion is unwise.

Last edited:
Thanks Rydal.

I am not suggesting you don't go out to win, I was suggesting that so long as you are within striking distance with a few games to go, you can quite easily push on an finish in the top 2.

Palace have just had an exceptional run which may well be now at an abrupt end as did Midflesbrough. A few games later and they are back in the pack.

Millwall have just had a great run.

If I am being honest I can't see any of the three teams I have just mentioned making the top 2 come the end of the season.

I also can't see another team doing a reading.

So long as we are thereabouts I feel we have enough quality (perhaps with the addition of another couple of players in January) to get into the top 2 late on and stay there.

When you are top unless you are running away with it you are the team that everyone wants to beat particularly if you have spent a bit of dosh...

Thanks for the advice.

May I impart some for you Ridders: since your team is synonymous with late season crumbles perhaps speaking of promotion as a foregone conclusion is unwise.
You're welcome, although quite where I suggested we were home and hosed is a mystery.

I am not suggesting you don't go out to win, I was suggesting that so long as you are within striking distance with a few games to go, you can quite easily push on an finish in the top 2.

Palace have just had an exceptional run which may well be now at an abrupt end as did Midflesbrough. A few games later and they are back in the pack.

Millwall have just had a great run.

If I am being honest I can't see any of the three teams I have just mentioned making the top 2 come the end of the season.

I also can't see another team doing a reading.

So long as we are thereabouts I feel we have enough quality (perhaps with the addition of another couple of players in January) to get into the top 2 late on and stay there.

When you are top unless you are running away with it you are the team that everyone wants to beat particularly if you have spent a bit of dosh...
I think my point was that it's all well and good having a late run, the problem is if the teams above you keep winning too, y're going nowhere.

Invariably they don't though do they Rydal? :icon_lol:
You don't have to go back too far to find the front runners go away and stay away.
You may well be proved right. I'd just rather have the points, than want them.

Rhydal is correct on this matter.

The idea of not wanting to be top and being happier in 3rd place is nonsensical to me. By that rationale, when we were top of the league you were happy to see us lose so as to lose top spot. It is FAR better to have the points on the board than being behind but not cut adrift. How is it at all better to have your fate in other teams hands and not your own?

And yes (as mentioned earlier) as with all truisms, Leeds will indeed be a different proposition to Sheffield Wednesday.

Last edited:
I'm still sniggering at "Home and hosed"... lol

Anyone know whether I will be able to pay on the night as I live in Sheffield so can't get to the KP in time to secure a ticket??...

I'm still sniggering at "Home and hosed"... lol

Anyone know whether I will be able to pay on the night as I live in Sheffield so can't get to the KP in time to secure a ticket??...

Ring the ticket office and explain your situation, I'm sure there will be something they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566