Left sided problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

Obviously it has been highlighted that we have a weakness down the left hand side, but with the return of Tiatto on saturday I actually think this may solve the problem.

I would like to see Tiatto at left back with Wilcox at left midfield as over pre season these two seem to play reasonably well as a partnership, I also think that playing in his true position we will begin to see better performances from Wilcox and hopefully some decent service will be provided to the front two.

Long term I feel Lee Morris could fill the left midfield role if he ever gets his arse of the treatment table, and with Tiatto behind him (no jokes!) it would make us quite solid but also give us better attacking options.

I agree. Tiatto will definately make us more solid. We've been playing with no width. The service to the front men has been awful. I reckon Gillespie must play too and push Scowy upfront while Dion is out. Wilcox is not bad, just needs to get more involved

Not having been to a game, yet, everyone is saying that the left side is a problem. Stewart blows hot and cold, more likely cold, and although MA says Wilcox has played Left Back for England, it says more about the state of left backs in England and that was some time ago. Not a glowing recommendation.

Your comments about the LHS seem sensible and I hope that they come to fruition. :wink:

I agree with you Steven Wilcox not a left back as long as I have a hole in my arse and Stewart has been crap ever since he signed his new contract. The biggest disappointment with Stewart is that 2 / 3 years ago he looked a real prospect but he seems to be going backwards at the moment.

Another option would be to play Makin left back (when not suspended) and Tiatti left wing (when not suspended) and have Canero and Scowcroft/Gillespie on the right (when not transfered/playing shite).

:roll:

DesertFox said:
Another option would be to play Makin left back (when not suspended) and Tiatti left wing (when not suspended) and have Canero and Scowcroft/Gillespie on the right (when not transfered/playing shite).

lol. :lol: :lol: And this is an option. :roll: :roll: :wink:

DesertFox said:

Personally i like Makin at right back thinks it gives us stability on the right hand side, with Tiatto at left back it would allow both wide midfielders more opportunity to get forward and create chances for Connolly and Dublin ( when he is back ).

I think that's fine ,trouble is finding that left winger! the more this goes on the more I think Morris would be the answer...only he only has to look at the ball and he pulls a muscle.

highland fox said:
I think that's fine ,trouble is finding that left winger! the more this goes on the more I think Morris would be the answer...only he only has to look at the ball and he pulls a muscle.
:lol:

I agree I think Morris could be a real star but until he cant get fit we will never know. I have to say that it does not fill me with confidence in our coaching or physio staff that a player we signed in January has yet to play due to persistant niggling injuries what the f*ck are they doing ! :x

Get Blake OUT!!! thats 1 of the main problems not impressed me at all. push scowcroft up of give tricky trev his big chance

Loyal_Supporter said:
Get Blake OUT!!! thats 1 of the main problems not impressed me at all. push scowcroft up of give tricky trev his big chance

I agree about Blake struggling but hasnt Tricky Trev had 4 years of big chances !!!!!!! :lol:

Keep the Faith said:
highland fox said:
:lol:

I agree I think Morris could be a real star but until he cant get fit we will never know. I have to say that it does not fill me with confidence in our coaching or physio staff that a player we signed in January has yet to play due to persistant niggling injuries what the f*ck are they doing ! :x

Except that it is not just at Leicester - the guy never maintains fitness wherever he plays - it will be surprising if we ever see him have any long term spells on the pitch.

but i mean will MA actually play tiatto when he comes back from suspension, you know what he's like with people he thinks are good ie scowy

Last few games of our promotion season Benjamin was on a roll got at least 5. Like 2 see him push scowcrift up with connolly but i dontt hink well see it happen.

As 4 tiatto he could be a good player if he controlls his temper n tackles n decides where he wants 2 play ( centre mid, left wing, left back)

ill probably get ripped for this but i dont think Wilcox has done too badly. He didnt do much wrong against West Ham & he crossed the ball for us to be awarded a penalty against the sheep. I didnt attend the Millwall game so i cant comment, but maybe its a good idea to push Wilcox further up in Stewarts position & bring Tiatto as Left back?

San said:
ill probably get ripped for this but i dont think Wilcox has done too badly. He didnt do much wrong against West Ham & he crossed the ball for us to be awarded a penalty against the sheep. I didnt attend the Millwall game so i cant comment, but maybe its a good idea to push Wilcox further up in Stewarts position & bring Tiatto as Left back?

I agree about Wilcox, I don't think he's been as bad as people have said.

I think a lot of people made up their mind about him as soon as we signed him, and have been quick to jump on every mistake.
His biggest problem has been giving the ball away too often. But he's put in more good crosses than any of our other players this season, and on Saturday once Stewart went off he was our most effective attacking player when he was playing at left back, he got forward a lot more than Stewart did.

i feel that micky's best option for the left side is to play tiatto left back scowie left mid and put canero on the right with makin at right back. Another possibility would be to play makin left back and canero right back with tiatto left mid and keep scowie on right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566