Post Match Legia Warsaw 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a privilege to play here.
Translation: “we were terrified of them and lost the game before we even got on the plane”
This is a precious victory for Legia and congratulations to them.
“They wanted it far more than we did, obviously”
We are disappointed because I think we deserved more.
“we’re far enough up our own arseholes that we expect things to just happen for us”
In the first half we were too passive.
Yeah, no shit
In the second it was better, we created more chances.
“I think I can get away with lying to you because nobody ever calls this nonsense out for what it is”
From 60 minutes we started to make chances, we dominated the game, but their goalkeeper played well and we weren't clinical enough.
“even when we remembered what forwards was, we still weren’t good enough to get past the child they had in goal. Did you see Daka’s attempt to control and shoot? L-O-****in-L!”
There's still a long way to go."
“There are several years left on my enormous contract, good luck getting rid when you need to”

Something is wrong.

Is it possible that the guys we scouted that really improved us and made us something to watch were pre-Rodgers, and what we have started to bring in now is pure 100% grade A Congerton.

I seem to remember Brendan suggesting this was a learning season for Soumare and Daka and I’m happy to give those two time.
Lookman is excellent - my doubts are all in the defence and the reinforcements there seem questionable.

the performance tonight was dreadful. Arrogant and actually in hindsight a terrible starting 11. Watching Maddison made me wish he’d started and got his confidence back tonight. I think more game time for Bertrand would’ve been better than throwing Thomas in. I also question why we’d play a back 3 against Legia.
Up top I felt for Daka, just wasn’t going to drop for him tonight but he also wasn’t helped by having no service and when he did, Perez nicked it.
Frustrating and boy how we miss Wilf!

It’s a ridiculous hypothetical but if the Perez chance, the Vestergaard header and the Daka/Akinbiyi special had fallen to Vardy or Nacho we’d be purring over a comfortable victory. We need to take this competition more seriously.

It’s not enough to throw in completely cold players like Thomas, KDH and Daka, no matter how shit we arrogantly assume the opposition might be.

FB_IMG_1633078127557.jpg

These were available 20 minutes after full time...

Clearly we were shit because we fixed the match to help them flog some merch.

We never did anything down the left wing the whole game even when Barnes came on. Cags didn't play a single pass out to the left handside. He went inside and played it to Amartey.

I can't understand why folk were clamouring for Amartey to play. He was just awful, absolutely woeful. By a country mile the worst player on the pitch.

We never did anything down the left wing the whole game even when Barnes came on. Cags didn't play a single pass out to the left handside. He went inside and played it to Amartey.

I can't understand why folk were clamouring for Amartey to play. He was just awful, absolutely woeful. By a country mile the worst player on the pitch.
Country mile is generous to Vestergaard. Country inch maybe.

I don't think vestergaard is as bad as people are making out. He isn't the fastest for sure but people are just looking for a scapegoat.

I don't think vestergaard is as bad as people are making out. He isn't the fastest for sure but people are just looking for a scapegoat.
Yeah if he’d been a bit quicker he wouldn’t have wussed out of blocking the shot for the goal or fluffed a free header from three yards….

I don’t think anyone has scapegoated him, just pointed out that he’s been really poor so far this season.

Vestergaard was woeful last night, he could of blocked the shot for the goal but he's like a baby Giraffe wearing roller skates, he also should of done better with his shot on goal. he's far to slow, for a big man he easily gets out muscled (Chris Woods) and his passing is Meh.
So far he has been a very poor buy and unless he improves dramatically we will struggle to win games that he plays in

Amartey is championship standard at best

Didn't there used to be a 'safehouse' on here? Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263