Post Match Leicester 0 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit I'm not the most optimistic person at the best of times, but I can't find anything to cling on to to have any hope for this season.

There are other awful teams but we are not going to get 3/4 more points than them this season.

We're still only 3 points behind 17th, as we were at the start of the game.

It's far too early to say we're doomed.

Before the Villa match I looked at the fixture list and thought we'd need at least six points from the Villa, Stoke and Palace games, if we didn't want to be well adrift at the bottom by the time we play Hull.

We might still be in touch with safety now, but we've got Arsenal, Everton and Manchester City coming up, all away from home. I don't think we'll get anything from those games, and the teams just above us will have four games to pull away from us.

Once again, can't fault the efforts of the players - they gave their all yet again.

Kramaric looks a threat when he has the ball in their final third, get the impression that some of our players aren't really on the same wavelength as him with some of the passes he makes. He seems to drop deep far too often for my liking though. Great to have Mahrez back. Agreed about Morgan, the bloke is clumsy as ****. Would definitely bring in Huth as soon as possible.

Such a disappointing result. Sorry guys but you are going to be relegated and the sooner you realise that you need to put some real ****ing effort in to avoid then the better it's going to be for our club. We are too slow and laboured for my liking right now and even then it usually results in a long ball or punt into the box. You can tell we are often bereft of ideas going forward by the amount of times the ball winds up going right back to the defenders.

Nothing wrong with the ref today IMO. Maybe we had a bit of bad luck with 50/50 bounces in key areas but you make your own luck by reading the game better IMO... Can't complain with the referee today.

We might still be in touch with safety now, but we've got Arsenal, Everton and Manchester City coming up, all away from home. I don't think we'll get anything from those games, and the teams just above us will have four games to pull away from us.

Yes it's unlikely, but absolutely possible. Burnley and Hull have recently got something out of Man City away, and who would have thought we would get anything out of our trip to Anfield. And Everton aren't exactly one of the top teams this season.

If we were playing badly, I would perhaps think the same. But we're playing well and just need our luck to turn.

I am very loathe to say it because I like Nigel but I feel this is the time to replace him and prepare for next year in the championship.

I am very loathe to say it because I like Nigel but I feel this is the time to replace him and prepare for next year in the championship.

NP has proved he can get us promoted from the Championship, so if we think we're definitely going down there's no point replacing him. It's only worth replacing him if we think a different manager could keep us up.

We're still only 3 points behind 17th, as we were at the start of the game.

It's far too early to say we're doomed.

Look at the next 3 games... where are the points going to come from. In 3 games time, we'll likely be 6 or 7 points from safety.

Arsenal, Everton and Man City away... maybe some heroic draw against one of those teams, but that's no good if we can't beat bottom half teams on our own patch.

In what way did he ruin the game? He looked OK on the stream I watched.

He was awful. Every time we challenged, they went down and got a free kick. Every time Ulloa went for the ball, they climbed and we got nothing. At one point, they had a corner and it was outside of the quarter. Mason made a big deal of moving it back into the quarter. Gayle moved it back to the original position and the ref just waved him on. He had no idea. I don't think I've seen a good, consistent performance all season from a ref.

Look at the next 3 games... where are the points going to come from. In 3 games time, we'll likely be 6 or 7 points from safety.

Arsenal, Everton and Man City away... maybe some heroic draw against one of those teams, but that's no good if we can't beat bottom half teams on our own patch.

Lets just tell the players that they may as well stay at home for the next three games, no point turning up.

At one point, they had a corner and it was outside of the quarter. Mason made a big deal of moving it back into the quarter. Gayle moved it back to the original position and the ref just waved him on.

With the benefit of close ups...
The ball was definitely in the quadrant originally. The ref was wrong to move it, and probably did it to keep the crowd quiet. The Palace player didn't move it back to the original position, he moved it half way between the original position and where the ref put it.

Just because the part of the ball that is in contact with the pitch isn't in the quadrant doesn't mean the ball isn't.

He was awful. Every time we challenged, they went down and got a free kick. Every time Ulloa went for the ball, they climbed and we got nothing. At one point, they had a corner and it was outside of the quarter. Mason made a big deal of moving it back into the quarter. Gayle moved it back to the original position and the ref just waved him on. He had no idea. I don't think I've seen a good, consistent performance all season from a ref.

The ball was definitely in the quarter for the corner, as it was originally.

Didn't think the ref was too bad although I'll admit Ulloa didn't get anything from him. Still, the ref's performance was light years ahead of Ulloa's. Can't believe he stayed on for 90 mins!

What happened with PeeStain on the touchline as I was over the other side to that?

Just looked like their player took him out accidentally after a tackle but looked like there might have been some afters too.

With the benefit of close ups...
The ball was definitely in the quadrant originally. The ref was wrong to move it, and probably did it to keep the crowd quiet. The Palace player didn't move it back to the original position, he moved it half way between the original position and where the ref put it.

Just because the part of the ball that is in contact with the pitch isn't in the quadrant doesn't mean the ball isn't.

The first part sums up why he was poor then. He should be making correct decisions, not ones to please the fans.

We do not have enough quality. Sad but a fact. Even if we were to stay up it would be an absolute scrape. Is it really worth it?

I don't think that we will stay up, but is it worth it????? YES!!!! It has taken 10 years to get here, we're not short of a bob, or two, to improve the squad and getting back won't be easy.

It's over now. We desperately needed to win this and we haven't. We just have not learnt the lesson that in the Prem, you have to be absolutely clinical at both ends of the pitch. Mistakes lead to goals, end of story.

I agree that mistakes lead to goals. Except when the opposition makes a mistake against us cos we never seem to capitalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566