Post Match Leicester 0 Newcastle 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also left early. I had to fight my instinct to leave at half time but hung on until the last 10.

Absolutely fecking horrendous. Everything was shambolic. 11 strangers playing with a friendly game attitude against a mediocre but keen opponent.

I've said it many times but Ward, Amartey and Thomas are not PL standard players. Yes, they will sometimes do okay but they've simply not good enough quality for this level on a consistent basis. Today was one of those days where it was just obvious.

Soumare isn't a holding midfielder. He's a box to box type. Playing him deep and constantly giving him the ball on the edge of his area facing his own goal is almost deliberate sabotage.

However, ladies and gentlemen, I must single out Harvey Lewis Barnes. He gave one of those legendary Boxing Day 1963 performances where he still looked pissed. He was so diabolical that I'd guarantee that I could do better and I'm over 50 and haven't kicked a ball in more than a decade. That absolute charlatan of a professional is now 25 years old and shows the level of responsibility of someone in an U10s side. ****ing pathetic attitude and input pal.
Totally agree about Barnes. Totally overrated. Soumare was our only player who looked quality.

I didn't really care about Premier League football coming back today - it was on my radar more because I had to remember to do my Fantasy Football team than anything else.

This World Cup sandwiched season just feels weird in every way - it ruined a large chunk of the World Cup for me, and now it feels far too soon for regular football to be back afterwards.

So I decided to largely ignore the football today and focus on enjoying Boxing Day with my family - and very glad I did too!

There's no point having a clear out unless we sign better players to replace them.

Barnes scored in 4 of his previous 5 league games and has been our second best attacking player this season.
Daka has been our most effective striker this season (two more league goals than Vardy, from less time on the pitch)
If we get rid of Thomas who would you play at left back?
I didn't say Barnes, KDH, Daka or Thomas needed to go I said they were dreadful today, the Players that need to go in my opinion are Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Perez, Mendy, Bertrand, Nacho, Praet.

Tilemans will obviously leave soon enough and the club needs to make a decision on Maddison.

James Maddison, who is really quite obviously our best player at the moment? What’s the decision?
Whether to cash in on our only big asset to strengthen elsewhere.

James Maddison, who is really quite obviously our best player at the moment? What’s the decision?
Thought it was quite obvious, his contract has 18 months left and if he doesn't sign a new contract do we sell him and get money to invest in new players or let his contract run down and risk him leaving for nothing, the same scenario as Tilemans.

Barnes was ****ing wank yesterday, pissing possession away repeatedly and leaving Thomas out to ****ing dry against both Trippier and Almiron time and time and time again

About as much use as a chocolate ****ng fireguard

That is all

I agree he's been inconsistent, but 1 in 2 for any winger is ****ing good going, however you look at it.

I'm not sure that anyone doubts his talent. At the point that he did his knee against Arsenal in Feb 21, he was moving beyond potential and into being a genuinely top class winger.

Since that injury, his attitude has stunk. He plays when he wants to. He doesn't track back, he doesn't chase down defenders, he doesn't look up when in possession. He usually just gets his head down and does his trick of going inside and takes a shot. It is a horror of a role to be a left back playing behind him.

I don't tend to have a dig at players who are giving their all within the confines of their limited ability. The ones that do my head in are those with much more to give but who can't be arsed. Barnes is a prime candidate for that.

I think it may not be a coincidence that his attitude has gone down the pan since he got his big contract in Aug 21.

Since we came up in 2014, our Boxing Day record is utter shite. We've conceded 15 goals in the last 4 years under BR.

2014 - (L) - 1-2 H to Spurs
2015 - (L) - 1-0 A to Liverpool
2016 - (L) - 0-2 H to Everton
2017 - (L) - 2-1 A to Watford
2018 - (W) - 2-1 H to Man City
2019 - (L) - 0-4 H to Liverpool
2020 - (D) - 2-2 H to Man Utd
2021 - (L) - 6-3 A to Man City
2022 - (L) - 0-3 H to Newcastle

Since we came up in 2014, our Boxing Day record is utter shite. We've conceded 15 goals in the last 4 years under BR.

Some tough games there to be fair.

Well I guess this indicates that the boys celebrate Christmas with booze.

I actually think Barnes as an individual is the is the perfect equivalent as us as a team.

Flashes of brilliance but more often than not fails to show up and is a bit of a pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263