Post Match Leicester 1 Arsenal 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the squad isn't strong enough. Yes, we've been asking too much of players and are paying the price. We're not the only club in that position and we have, to date, done not too shabbily.

We're drawn in these competitions and naturally want to compete, as do the players. It's a balancing act for the manager and I'm quite sure they make their feelings known to the board. Players are running on fumes and it's not right, indeed a risk.

I reckon Rodgers is doing a good job of keeping the priorities about right and I reckon we are ahead of expectations in the league. Youri is instrumental to us and risks have knowingly been taken with him. I think you have to accept that, and similar situations, go with the territory.

It's going to be a key couple of weeks for us, not least as we await news of Barnes and Madison, but we ain't dead yet. At worst, we've ridden our luck and the bubble has burst, and we have to manage best we can... but I honestly don't expect that to happen.

I even feel for Rodgers. Realistically he probably had to make some really hard decisions earlier in the season that would have received some criticism. Like a proper punt on Europa or the FA Cup.

Before the EL squad was selected for the group stage, I said on here that we shouldn't even include Evans and Vardy in the squad.

I'd have used the group stage for the back up players much more than we did. Maybe we'd have bombed out and BR would have been hammered for it.

I know pretty much everyone on here thought my idea to leave key players out was ridiculous. So, you're right that BR is on a hiding to nothing. He's hammered if he doesn't play them and hammered if he overplays them.

It comes back to our squad management in the summer though for me. BR asked for 5 players and got 3. He deserved better recruitment of not just main starters but also better back up options.

Instead, we just gave out contracts to players that seemed to be at the end of their careers here and pretended everything was fine.

Couldn't agree more with everything BN and MA have said here.

I had the same thought as MA: this is usually where the mid-season training camp comes in handy.

I really don't see what we can do atm other than heavily rotate and 'throw' a game or two. I think we have to rest players now

I do wish football would seriously try and kick out this simulation shite. If this was the NBA Tierney would be banned for several games for that despicable bit of cheating at the end. Poor Keown really did his best to not admit that’s what it was.

Before the EL squad was selected for the group stage, I said on here that we shouldn't even include Evans and Vardy in the squad.

I'd have used the group stage for the back up players much more than we did. Maybe we'd have bombed out and BR would have been hammered for it.

I know pretty much everyone on here thought my idea to leave key players out was ridiculous. So, you're right that BR is on a hiding to nothing. He's hammered if he doesn't play them and hammered if he overplays them.

Problem is though that it would've been far too big a risk for BR to take for his own career.

If our league form hadn't gone well and we were currently mid table, he'd be looking more to the EL to save the season and his job.

I agree with you in hindsight but I just don't think BR was in a position to that that risk in the group stages.

Plus you don't know what he was instructed as a goal by the board.

Couldn't agree more with everything BN and MA have said here.

I had the same thought as MA: this is usually where the mid-season training camp comes in handy.

I really don't see what we can do atm other than heavily rotate and 'throw' a game or two. I think we have to rest players now

Problem is the next 3 games are so winnable.

Well that was pretty shite wasn't it. The result was bad enough but was actually made Pepe look good....

Not sure if anyone is particularly to blame though as it seemed to be a result of players having no energy and the rest being injured.

Not a good sign for the remaining dozen or so games.

Vardy a big concern to, at times it can be like we are playing with 10 such little his involvement is, great block by him in the box though, just a shame it was on of our shots.

Is it now we start betting on us to get relegated next season though?

I agree with you in hindsight but I just don't think BR was in a position to that that risk in the group stages.
Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had we have gone through against Prague then a different narrative would be being talked. I honesty reckon BR took the risks he thought he could, and no more. A gamble that might have paid off. It looks a little worrying at the moment but it is too early to call it definitively. End of the season hindsight will determine whether he got it right or not.

Evans has a calf problem which he's been carrying for several weeks and it's getting worse. He needs a scan.

BR - we're down to the bare-bones. Players have been different class. But Arsenal can make several changes and we can't. No question about the endevour and application but the energy isn't there.

I can't control injuries and we have to dig deep now. We'll do our very best.

BR - we're down to the bare-bones. Players have been different class. But Arsenal can make several changes and we can't. No question about the endevour and application but the energy isn't there.
It seemed that way watching it as normally we would press but there was hardly any pressure for the Arsenal players.

Even the players that were on the pitch, most of those have any just come back from injury so won't be at 100%.

Hopefully the squad will have as light a training as possible before Wednesday.

You have to favour Evington and West Spam for top 4 now. Pretty much fully fit squads and had less games

Yes we have a lot of injuries, yes we’ve played like of fixtures, yes we’re fatigued.

But it just seemed like a lot more than that out there today. We just couldn’t get the basics right, it was shambolic from minute 6 to 90.

Tiredness is running out of steam and looking leggy in the last 20-30 minutes. We had no steam at all, we looked uninspired and demotivated, we were an absolute shambles. It appeared as though we went out there fully prepared to bend over for them.

Yes we have a lot of injuries, yes we’ve played like of fixtures, yes we’re fatigued.

But it just seemed like a lot more than that out there today. We just couldn’t get the basics right, it was shambolic from minute 6 to 90.

Tiredness is running out of steam and looking leggy in the last 20-30 minutes. We had no steam at all, we looked uninspired and demotivated, we were an absolute shambles. It appeared as though we went out there fully prepared to bend over for them.

Maybe you'd be a lot happier supporting Bristol City?

A dreadful performance against a pretty powder puff Arsenal team.
Two godawful games in a row, and it doesn’t stop there. Everyone’s running on empty, and the inevitable end of season collapse is a-coming

Vardy looks a million miles away from being fit and, if we continue to play him, he will also be lost for the rest of the season

Our January transfer window looks even worse now.

Top four is going to be a struggle now, IMO - but we can we always try to qualify for that competition that nobody actually gives a shit about and can’t wait for us to get knocked out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757