Post Match Leicester 1 Birmingham 0 FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was painfully bad. Birmingham were rubbish and would have won had they actually played football.
Bring in some of the younger players from the under 23s tho I suspect they will drop to the first teams level!

**** me that was a tough watch. Nice to be through.

Man City next & a 5-0 thumping probably. Seeing out the next 10 games in the league is going to feel like recovering from a broken leg I reckon.

Just take it day by day & hope the dismal form of others is enough to see us cling on to a CL place.

Recruitment needs to play an absolute blinder this Summer, so having CL football on offer could be crucial.

**** me that was a tough watch. Nice to be through.

Man City next & a 5-0 thumping probably. Seeing out the next 10 games in the league is going to feel like recovering from a broken leg I reckon.

Just take it day by day & hope the dismal form of others is enough to see us cling on to a CL place.

Recruitment needs to play an absolute blinder this Summer, so having CL football on offer could be crucial.
The way we are playing at the moment I can't see us finishing in the top 5!

Oh...& "useless lump of ****" in the match thread is the single most perfect summation of Demarai Gray ever commited to print. Worthy of The Athletic I'd say.

Oh how we could do with a Giroud type of CF, someone that can hold the ball up link the play and get on the end of crosses

Always in control against a team that played for pens from the first minute. Difficult to break down a team that has no attacking intention.
That said, we're desperately in need of a top class winger.
Gray can leave.
I think albrighton too. Shame he's one of my favorites

Always in control against a team that played for pens from the first minute. Difficult to break down a team that has no attacking intention.
That said, we're desperately in need of a top class winger.
Gray can leave.
I think albrighton too. Shame he's one of my favorites

Sadly Albrighton has succumbed to the inevitable.

For the same reason I can no longer charm a 22 year old woman into bed, Marc can no longer play top level football.

We're both ****ing past it.

Down to Championship level I reckon.

For Albrighton that is.

I'm more National League these days.

We'll both have our memories though.

Sadly Albrighton has succumbed to the inevitable.

For the same reason I can no longer charm a 22 year old woman into bed, Marc can no longer play top level football.

We're both ****ing past it.

Down to Championship level I reckon.

For Albrighton that is.

I'm more National League these days.

We'll both have our memories though.
Pretty good cross for the goal, players need regular football to be in form of which he has had none. Before anyone tried to bring up stats on his minutes this season, he has hardly been used at all and only sporadically.
Same reason why I won't be harsh on Gray either, at the end of the day it is job done and a good home tie against chelski, glass half full for me .

Chilwell finally did what we have been screaming at him to do for the last 10 games. Ran down to the by line, crossed the ball and we scored. I wonder if it will sink in.

Supporting a side that has all the possession and little confidence and edge is an endurance challenge. It was an utterly miserable match to be at. Boring as feck.

I found myself once again impressed with the engines of Praet (making space for colleagues who ignored his efforts constantly), Ricardo and Chilwell (both full backs were often playing as forwards in the second half, as well as midfielders and defenders). The rest were fecking useless. Barnes did okay when he came on actually.

We did try one or two longer passes at times which would have been effective if our forwards had any interest in running. But too often we just repeat exactly the same move backwards-sideways-backwards-sideways. It must be a dream to defend against because it is so predictable.

If Vardy isn't scoring and Maddison and Tielemans are not high up the pitch, we're really lacking an attacking threat. Our full backs saved us. This was another game where I looked to our manager to do something to affect the match and he had no answer.

For me we should definitely play 352 against villa. Keep Tielemans and Barnes to freshen up second half and keep it competitive. Reserve the option to bring Justin on for Fuchs and play Pereira higher up the pitch late on if we need to. Acknowledge the fact our strikers are struggling for support by playing 2 up top. That's the way I'd go for the rest of the season.

Schmeichel
Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Pereira Ndidi Praet Chilwell
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

Supporting a side that has all the possession and little confidence and edge is an endurance challenge. It was an utterly miserable match to be at. Boring as feck.

I found myself once again impressed with the engines of Praet (making space for colleagues who ignored his efforts constantly), Ricardo and Chilwell (both full backs were often playing as forwards in the second half, as well as midfielders and defenders). The rest were fecking useless. Barnes did okay when he came on actually.

We did try one or two longer passes at times which would have been effective if our forwards had any interest in running. But too often we just repeat exactly the same move backwards-sideways-backwards-sideways. It must be a dream to defend against because it is so predictable.

If Vardy isn't scoring and Maddison and Tielemans are not high up the pitch, we're really lacking an attacking threat. Our full backs saved us. This was another game where I looked to our manager to do something to affect the match and he had no answer.
Thank **** we won, then.
Takes 2 teams to make an entertaining game, but Brum played for penalties from the start of the second half.

We're pretty bad atm aren't we? We really, really lack any penetration - and our defence seems to have lost their confidence too.

Chilwell was our best player last night from what I saw. He looked more likely to make things happen than anyone.

I agree we need to switch to 3-5-2 though. Our wingers are useless. Even if Vardy isn't available, I'd still go 3-5-2 and play Perez up with Nacho; Perez seems to be slightly better when he's more central.

We deserved the win, but really struggled to create anything.

Thought we controlled the game but never looked like scoring but to be honest neither did Brum, in the 2nd half Chilwell actually went forward rather than stopping & passing backwards & this lead to the goal, we should play 3 CB's with wingbacks for the rest of the season as our wingers are all pants, this way Nacho & Vardy can both play with Perez as the 3rd striker.
Into the next round with a winnable game

We're just so boring.

I don't know how we've managed to go so far to the opposite end of the scale so quickly.

Not looking forward to Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366