Post Match Leicester 1 Bournemouth 0

Bit annoying as I’d told my mates we’d had yet another VAR shocker against us apparently. The live commentary folk were all up in arms about it too. Can't see MOTD not showing it for a “big” club? Or was it not that bad and we’re a bit biased….?
1000076395.png

It was pretty stone wall watching it on the stream

Jack always does a good quality video.
BBC video would have been even clearer but they choose not to show it last night And we get Gary with his making out he's bias towards Leicester for the likes of Alan and Micah's amusement. Well if you were that biased you'd make sure the producers included the obvious penalty shout.

Admittedly, I was at the other end of the pitch but I didn't think it was a penalty. And nobody around me got agitated about it.

Thankfully, the rules on hand ball have changed this season so they're not being given when a ball is hit against an arm at pace from a short distance. That's what appeared to happen in this case.

You can look at still images all you like but it happened very fast and it was impossible to remove the arm so it wasn't even much of a decision to make in my opinion.

I'll see if it gets a mention in the VAR review tomorrow and post the expert opinion.

Been given, not been given - but he's just blasted it at his hand from a yard away

Shouldn't ever be a penalty due to the proximity

I don’t like to see those given and I’d hate to have that awarded against us.

On a recent ref watch, there was a very similar incident .
Player was trying to get his arm out the way.
Penalty, not given.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Nottm F710
10Brentford710