Post Match Leicester 1 Bristol City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piss poor result coupled with what was mostly a piss poor performance. First half sounded crap, sounded much better in the second half until another individual defensive error reared it's ugly head and seems to have deflated the team. In short, I think it's going to take a lot more than a decent striker to sort us out. IMO the players can't seem to handle the expectation and the pressure, they are probably going out there with the mentality of trying not to lose rather than trying to win..

We need a striker...

One that can score more than our poorly organised defensive let in!

We suddenly stop creating chances.....mmm.......no attacking full backs (i.e. Naughton) no second striker (i.e. Yakubu). I'm no expert but surely this is obvious.

Sven needs to stop chopping and changing, pick what he believes is his best eleven and give them a decent chance to build some momentum, shape and consistency, he made too many changes off the back of one defeat, beginning to wonder if we have too big a squad and this may come back to haunt us, the weight if expectation seems to hanging over the Sven and the players like a big millstone. Season far from over and nowhere near calling for Sven to go but the management and players now need to step and earn their over inflated wage packets, starting at Forest on Saturday

Getting a bit concerned. I know it's early days and there is plenty of time, but there seems to be something fundamentally wrong. Ok there are loads of new players and it takes time for a team to gel together, but you'd see some sort of sign that they are going to join together; something that would give hope and optimism. I don't see anything there.

I don't know what the answer is but I have bad vibes.

Worried - a bit.

I don't understand all of this 'we desperately need a striker/winger' rubbish. Our team is better on paper than Bristol's and arguably Reading's. We're not playing well or as a team at the moment, and that's why we're not winning, but given time this will (hopefully) change. Everyone just needs to chill out and stop acting so knee-jerk.

Not a great start frankly. Only playing well in spells. They don't seem to be playing well through the midfield. Fingers crossed things improve.

I really think it's mostly a mental thing, well summed up by Waggy's piss poor 40 yard effort when better options were available. I don't think there's any need to change the formation, we CAN play very well with the 433/451 and we've shown that in a very brief patch at the start of the second half today. But that mistake that led to the second goal deflated us...

It's early days but the signs are not good and it needs sorting sooner rather than later or before we know it we'll be kissing promotion goodbye in the blink of an eye.

I wonder how long it is until some of the players become disgruntled at the fact they don't even make the bench when them on the pitch can't do the business.

I wish we would give 4-4-2 a chance, however with our 234 central midfielders it will never happen.

I don't understand all of this 'we desperately need a striker/winger' rubbish. Our team is better on paper than Bristol's and arguably Reading's. We're not playing well or as a team at the moment, and that's why we're not winning, but given time this will (hopefully) change. Everyone just needs to chill out and stop acting so knee-jerk.
But we have no width and no aerial threat. Our only hope is passing our way through the middle. Consequently, teams set up with two narrow banks and soak up the pressure. We then fook it up and give them a couple of goals. I hate to say it but Sven will be a gonner in a couple of months.

St Ledger shite, Bamba shite, Konchesky shite, King, Wellens, Gallagher, Dyer, shite, shite, shite, shite. Early on, lots of pretty passing to no end. Then lots of misplaced passing. Waghorn inexplicably came on, and was appalling. Danns, shite. An arrogant, complacent, careless performance from players who just assumed they were going to win.

Fair play to Bristol City though, they're the best we've faced yet. Pressed well in midfield, made some good moves, looked vicious going forward. Could have had seven. Better side won. Don't blame the ref, he did very little wrong.

But we have no width and no aerial threat. Our only hope is passing our way through the middle. Consequently, teams set up with two narrow banks and soak up the pressure. We then fook it up and give them a couple of goals. I hate to say it but Sven will be a gonner in a couple of months.

Who did we have last year when we were scoring freely that isn't here this year that was an aerial threat or a winger?

St Ledger shite, Bamba shite, Konchesky shite, King, Wellens, Gallagher, Dyer, shite, shite, shite, shite. Early on, lots of pretty passing to no end. Then lots of misplaced passing. Waghorn inexplicably came on, and was appalling. Danns, shite. An arrogant, complacent, careless performance from players who just assumed they were going to win.

Fair play to Bristol City though, they're the best we've faced yet. Pressed well in midfield, made some good moves, looked vicious going forward. Could have had seven. Better side won. Don't blame the ref, he did very little wrong.

Bollocks on the ref, he was ****ing woeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669