Leicester 1 Cardiff 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important win, well excecuted. At no point did I feel like we were going to bugger up and give them an equaliser, we were very solid. Their big striker Bothroyd was a handfull but seemed devoid of any footballing ability, he certainly gave Hobbs the run around (who had a good game) but luckily for us he never really produced anything in the box.

Man of the match for me was Lloyd Dyer, there wasn't a inch of turf he didn't cover today. Good finish by Waghorn after a prolonged spell of pressure in which Gally and Hobbs nearly scored, we attcked and defended in numbers today which was nice to see.

Kempson Fox said that Wellens had a poor game but I don't agree, most of his mid to long range passing was wank admitedly but I thought he ran the midfield well and created space and time for himself and the players around him.

A really solid performance against a decent enough side

Hobbs was simply magnificent IMO - an outstanding display by any measure

And a big mention for Lloyd Dyer who had a great game

The rest of the team all played well, and I thought the switching of tactics towards the end was a great idea from Pearson

No negative points at all

Hard to judge Vaughan who didn't look even 50% fit, but what he did do looked promising

Good day at the office all round :038:

Important win, well excecuted. At no point did I feel like we were going to bugger up and give them an equaliser, we were very solid. Their big striker Bothroyd was a handfull but seemed devoid of any footballing ability, he certainly gave Hobbs the run around (who had a good game) but luckily for us he never really produced anything in the box.

Have to disagree Ted, though Hobbs absolutely dominated him today. Hobbs was MOM in my opinion, will struggle to hold onto him in the summer on this form.

Vaughan looked ok, rusty but ok. Thought Oakley was rightly subbed and King didn't have the best game, inivisible for large parts (as per). Anyone else think Darcy Blake (#23) was terrible for them?! Interesting to see what the CCFC fans think of him

Did have to tell on moron near me to stop moaning, even when we were one nil up. :018:

All aboard the City bandwagon.

Last edited by a moderator:
A really solid performance against a decent enough side

Hobbs was simply magnificent IMO - an outstanding display by any measure

And a big mention for Lloyd Dyer who had a great game

The rest of the team all played well, and I thought the switching of tactics towards the end was a great idea from Pearson

No negative points at all

Hard to judge Vaughan who didn't look even 50% fit, but what he did do looked promising

Good day at the office all round :038:

Aye, thought he looked similar to Waghorn with his backing into defenders. He won a few headers but like you said he looked of the boil.

Unlucky not to get a penalty near the end, he was about to pull the trigger and a defender just bumped him over with no attempt to play the ball.

Have to disagree Ted, though Hobbs absolutely dominated him today. Hobbs was MOM in my opinion, will struggle to hold onto him in the summer on this form.

Vaughan looked ok, rusty but ok. Thought Oakley was rightly subbed and King didn't have the best game, inivisible for large parts (as per). Anyone else think Darcy Blake (#23) was terrible for them?! Interesting to see what the CCFC fans think of him

Did have to tell on moron near me to stop moaning, even when we were one nil up. :018:

All aboard the City bandwagon.

I should have said for the first 20 minutes, Hobbs got the measure of him in the end, I think the fact that Bothroyd managed only one tame effort at goal was enough evidence to suggest that Hobbs gave him a hard time.

Agree about Blake, his was woeful. There was a fella behind me who did nothing but compliment Bothroyd's hold up play and then slag Howard off before he'd even touched the ball! Bizzare.

Last edited:

McGivern!

On the subject of defenders, I thought Bruce looked solid and put himself about before he had to go off.

Last edited:
what's up with bruce then?

I was out most of the day and didn't get home until after the game had finished... where was Brown, and what happened to Bruce?

Did Nobby play right back? How did he do?

We didn't really play that great, apart from defence. Cardiff must of had 60%+ possession without ever looking like scoring.

Not too dis-similar to last week 'horrow' show but we got the break this week and defended better

Unlucky not to get a penalty near the end, he was about to pull the trigger and a defender just bumped him over with no attempt to play the ball.

Clear penalty. Absolute bullshit decision from the ref.

Hobbs :038:

Lloydly :icon_lol: - I love you, you dangly nutter. That header back to Weale! :icon_surp

Oh yes Chris Burke, you dirty little Scottish twat. ****ing throw the ball to us next time we kick it out....and Bothroyd, remember to bring your football boots rather than ice skating blades. For 6ft plus, you are a great big ****ing poof.

Last edited:
I was out most of the day and didn't get home until after the game had finished... where was Brown, and what happened to Bruce?

Did Nobby play right back? How did he do?

Brown was sat with Neilson and the others not on the bench.

I thought Nobby played well. His first touch is brilliant and his passing is very accurate.

Hobbs was superb. What an excellent signing he has been.

On the far side of the pitch from me there was an incident I could not really see that led to a Cardiff player (perhaps Burk) being booed. What happened?

Overall I thought we coped with their attackers superbly and we deserved the win.

Brown was sat with Neilson and the others not on the bench.

I thought Nobby played well. His first touch is brilliant and his passing is very accurate
Hobbs was superb. What an excellent signing he has been.

On the far side of the pitch from me there was an incident I could not really see that led to a Cardiff player (perhaps Burk) being booed. What happened?

Overall I thought we coped with their attackers superbly and we deserved the win.

Not today it wasn't. But great performance overall by us. Wellens ran the midfield and possibly had his best game at the Walkers. Dyer and Hobbs were excellent as mentioned already. Oakley had his plus moments also before going off. Very solid. Very pleased!!

In the end it was a good win. Hobbs was brilliant and Wellens and Dyer both had very very good games. Wellens ran the show in the middle.

Thought Cardiff looked threatening without every looking like they were going to score.

I think you definately went to a different game today.

I think it's weird how everyone sees the game so differently. Everyone around where I was sitting was commenting on how poor Wellens was, he gave the ball away so many times with useless,aimless passes.

Anyway who cares? A win is a win :icon_bigg

Weale made a stunning save towards the end tipping an effort just over the bar, luckily the ref gave a goal kick.

Nearly every player went up to Weale after the match to congratulate him.

Lovely win. Only poor player was Wellens.

You saw the save yet thought Wellens was poor? You must mean Oakley surely.

I think it's weird how everyone sees the game so differently. Everyone around where I was sitting was commenting on how poor Wellens was, he gave the ball away so many times with useless,aimless passes.

Anyway who cares? A win is a win :icon_bigg

I can only assume in that case, that you and those around you were sitting in a different ground, watching a different game and confusing Wellens with somebody else.

I too thought Wellens was the poorest today, not aweful but a lot of stupid or misplaiced passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669