Leicester 1 Cardiff 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its humiliating, thats taken the shine off of an otherwise great weekend.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but you appear to be in the minority on the subject of Mr Wellens. What did he do that made him 'FANTASTIC' in your opinion?

I only ask because everyone has commented on Hobbs and Dyer having really good games, but Wellens seems to be subject to conflicting reports.

I saw today that Richie Wellens is a key, key player for us and he really is a top-class assured footballer.

It appears he plays just infront of the defence and plays the role of 'calming everything down' very well.

I wish I had a pound for everytime this season after an opposition attack the ball has been controlled and stroked away by this fella.

I saw today that Richie Wellens is a key, key player for us and he really is a top-class assured footballer.

It appears he plays just infront of the defence and plays the role of 'calming everything down' very well.

I wish I had a pound for everytime this season after an opposition attack the ball has been controlled and stroked away by this fella.

Totally agree.

For the first 20 mins i was worried that we'd get beaten comfortably. We gave up posession far too easily, Wellens was the main culprit with a few very untidy passes, i reckon this is what made people think he had a bad game overall.

The defence did really well, especially hobbs, this is the first time that i've been really convinced of his ability. Maybe it was because he had to take on Brown's leadership at the back?

Whoever said King was poor is talking utter nonsense. He was constantly helping out the defense, clearing up everyone else's mess.

Gallagher provides a good contrast to Dyer's direct running. Both of them did very well, especially linking up together when Dyer made cross-field runs.

As for THAT THROW IN. The Cardiff players had every right to keep the ball. Bothroyd tried to knock the ball out of play, Dyer (?) just helped it on its way. We would have had to give it back to them if Dyer did not get involved.

Overall it was a very good defensive performance and a vital win. I've been pretty relaxed so far this season, hoping for any finish in the top 10, but now I'm finally beginning to think we'll be in the top six at the end. It's getting exciting!!!

Overall it was a very good defensive performance and a vital win. I've been pretty relaxed so far this season, hoping for any finish in the top 10, but now I'm finally beginning to think we'll be in the top six at the end. It's getting exciting!!!

Definetely! Been beleiving it more and more the last few weeks. The Forest game was a big step, and this one perhaps even bigger!

Do you it's a bad move for me to book off the Playoff Final now, just in case?
I'm going to have a dilemma if we do get there though... I've only been to about 10 City games in my life, and never seen a Leicester win! Scared to go if we get to the Playoffs!

Last edited:
As for THAT THROW IN. The Cardiff players had every right to keep the ball. Bothroyd tried to knock the ball out of play, Dyer (?) just helped it on its way. We would have had to give it back to them if Dyer did not get involved.

I must've been mistaken thinking it was Berner who booted it out then, I mean, he was telling the lino that as the lino didn't seem to have a fecking clue which way to put the flag...

Dyer was stood there at first with the ball for the throw in as the ref told him it was ours, he looked totally confused by it all.

I thought Wellens had a decent game yesterday. Definitely wasn't crap, and none of them were. I'm surprised the amount of praise Dyers getting considering his final ball was shite on more then one occassion-he still had a decent game but i don't get the extra praise

Hobbs MOTM obv don't need to go into that, thought Morrison looked as good at centre half as at right back, and Solano slotted in well. Also i thought Bruce looked pretty decent before coming off.

AND , I definitely had the biggest mongs behind me ever yesterday. Some fat woman who screamed "COME ON GALLY" everytime gallagher got the ball (despite declaring after 6 minutes that "He not with it today") regardless of where he was on the pitch, and then there was her 10 year old son, who didn't shut up with his shit comments all game. Never sitting in sk4 ever again.

The defence did really well, especially hobbs, this is the first time that i've been really convinced of his ability.

Erm... what? I'm sure you can't possibly mean that exactly the way it reads.

Whoever said King was poor is talking utter nonsense. He was constantly helping out the defense, clearing up everyone else's mess.

Gallagher provides a good contrast to Dyer's direct running. Both of them did very well, especially linking up together when Dyer made cross-field runs.

:038:

I know they look similar, but it was definitely Berner.

Spot on, can't fault the back four for much at all this season.

I'm going to have a dilemma if we do get there though... I've only been to about 10 City games in my life, and never seen a Leicester win! Scared to go if we get to the Playoffs!

:icon_eek:

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but you appear to be in the minority on the subject of Mr Wellens. What did he do that made him 'FANTASTIC' in your opinion?

I only ask because everyone has commented on Hobbs and Dyer having really good games, but Wellens seems to be subject to conflicting reports.

Wellens was just everywhere. Literally involved in everything. If an attack he was part of failed, it was him who broke up the counter.

He tried a lot of hollywood balls which annoyed me but he worked harder than iv seen anyone work this season.

Wellens was just everywhere. Literally involved in everything. If an attack he was part of failed, it was him who broke up the counter.

He tried a lot of hollywood balls which annoyed me but he worked harder than iv seen anyone work this season.

Completely agree. Loved his workrate

Do you it's a bad move for me to book off the Playoff Final now, just in case?

You aren't going.

If we get there not having anything happen that could possibly jinx us.

you can have the honour of regularly updating the match day thread!:icon_razz:icon_bigg

A number of intersting questions have been raised.
Did Cardiff control the game for large spells? I thought they were the better side until Waghorn scored. From then on I thought we controlled the game.
Did Wellens play well? IMO he is not playing as well as when he first came when I thought he was our best midfielder since Muzzy. However, he is excellent at breaking up opposition attacks works tremendously hard and is still worth his place.
Is Dyer playing well? Yes. IMO the present formation whatever its virtues or faults suits a fast winger and I feel would also suit Dany. Nigel cleasrly prefers to play Dyer to Dany and I am not going to argue with his choice.
How good is Gallagher? He manages to be very good and very bad within the same match. He looks for the ambitious ball and looks good when it comes off and bad when it does not. He can be dispossessed too easily but has improved our corners which I thought were a weakness before he came. There is always the feeling that he may score.
Is Hobbs the best defender in the Championship? I don't know but he has played well all season and yesterday he was magnificent. While I feel Morrison and Hobb s have some way to go before they match Cross & Sjoberg or the centrebacks of MONs reign I cannot remember a time in 40 years when we had young centrebacks of such potential. They will surely both become Premiership players - hopefully with us.
A final point. It seems that Weale tipped over the shot that was then given as a gial kick. If so it was an incredible save that perhaps gave us two points.

Good competent performance all round. We look organised and comfortable for the most part. Wellens did get through a lot of work but early on his passing was indifferent. King looks comfortable on the ball and he looks tidy doing the simple things well. For me Oakley often looks a bit lazy and does not win the ball quickly enough when loose.
Bruno excellent again, and i liked the look of Vaughn especially his shoulder charge on the Cardiff player putting him into touch.

Anyone know what happened pre match by the canal, police and ambulance staff on towpath by boat club about 2:35 ?

Gallagher. And why not? :102: Is pulling on the blue shirt every week, working his knackers off and still registering good performances despite constantly being played out of position not good enough for you? Not a fan of hat tricks? Think you can take a better free kick?

Can't tackle....occasionally looks disinterested....as for the free-kick yesterday's was poor. Although he nearly pulled off a stormer from just outside the box.

I just can't warm to him. That doesn't mean I am constantly moaning at him plus since we've been playing 4-3-3....I personally think that is his position.

Last edited:
Can't tackle

Not really his primary function.

occasionally looks disinterested

I can't say I've noticed.

as for the free-kick yesterday's was poor.

Cristiano Ronaldo's taken a couple of bad ones as well.

Although he nearly pulled off a stormer from just outside the box.

Nice concession :icon_wink

I just can't warm to him.

I don't have this trouble with any player who wears a City shirt.

That doesn't mean I am constantly moaning at him plus since we've been playing 4-3-3 I personally think that is his position.

Fair comment. I have more time for your opinion than those of a lot of other people. I can understand, to a point, what you've said. But I think I disagree on Gallagher :)

Definitely a save imo. The reaction of our defenders when the goal kick was given made me more convinced he managed to get his fingertips to it.

I love Chris Weale.

It was the highlights on the football league show that told me it was a save :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669