Leicester 1 Cardiff 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobby Solano's last gasp tackle deserves a mention as well. Saved a certain goal.

Robbie Neilson can be in no doubt where he stands currently, behind a young centre back and aging winger as third choice right back.

Last edited:
There were 3 occasions yesterday in the 2nd half when Cardiff should have been given corners and they were given as a goal kick.
Made me laugh seeing that little tosser Burke getting more and more wound up.

There were 3 occasions yesterday in the 2nd half when Cardiff should have been given corners and they were given as a goal kick.
Made me laugh seeing that little tosser Burke getting more and more wound up.

Strange that their fans didn't get more worked up.

Actually no it isn't, for all the noise they made they might as well have stayed at home.

Strange that their fans didn't get more worked up.

Actually no it isn't, for all the noise they made they might as well have stayed at home.

I think most of them did. Very poor turnout.

OK, here's my two pennorth.

I thought the back line were fantastic, given that they had two changes, they dealt with everything that was dealt out to them. Solano's balls into the box were just brilliant.

The midfield did what they had to do, although I felt they sat too deep during the last 20 mins and could have made the last 10 mins a bit less of a squeeky bum time, however, I felt they pissed all over the opposition for most of the game.

It's difficult to pick out a MoM, but Hobbs probably deserves it. However, I think King comes a close second. The fact that he is anonymous for large parts of the game is testament to how well he breaks down the opposition's play without making a big deal out of what he's doing.

Some of the cross field passes were sublime. Dyer's defensive efforts were just out of this world and the defensive passing play that he and (was it ) Solano towards the end of the 2nd half was just top drawer

Gally and Wellens were pretty solid in what they were doing as was Oakley, although, as I said, I felt the midfield was absent for spells and sat to deep towards the end.

Get Vaughan match fit and he is going to cause serious problems for opposition defences, trouble is he hasn't got that long to do it.

Overall this was a magnificent team performance to take points off of a team that's also in the mix and I'm actually starting to think that Wembley is a very real prospect.

Dave Jones said that the officials made some strange decisions, the non goal kick and the Vaughan penalty were amongst them.

Oh and, incidently, has anyone realised that there are only a dozen or so games left, win our game in hand and that puts us 10 points ahead of the chasing pack ... that's 4 games ahead, not a bad place to be, considering where we were 2 years ago.

Get in there you Pommie Bastards!!

Loved logging in to see this score, massive win and I reckon we have one foot in those play-offs that we have so many fond memories of.

Get in there you lovely blue boys.

The midfield did what they had to do, although I felt they sat too deep during the last 20 mins and could have made the last 10 mins a bit less of a squeeky bum time,

I don't know if anyone listened to the post match but Wellens was asked about how they prepare themselves for 4 games in 10 days (or however it works out) and he said that they learn to sit back towards the end of games just in front of the defence to make sure they don't use any energy they don't need to, to stay sharp through the busy patch.

Thing is, I simply cannot see Blackpool or Cov taking your place in the play offs. Middlesbrough however could well go on a run..

Thing is, I simply cannot see Blackpool or Cov taking your place in the play offs. Middlesbrough however could well go on a run..

Agreed with this. There are just so many teams covered by so few points that one of them has to put a run of 20 points from 30 together. Still means that somewhere around 70 is The Magic Number!

It's weird how we've had so many poor results lately and yet still 2 points clear in 6th with a game in hand. Next 3 games will tell me whether we're gonna be in the shake up in April. Can't lose to Cov or they go above us, and have to beat Sheff Utd to be in with a chance. Need to have a cushion of at least 3 points when you come calling again, followed by the Jacks and then a tough away at Florist.
Tricky run in, but if we don't do it this year, that's curtains. Ten points off next season, mass exodus of players and that's if the club still exists. Hey ho.

It's weird how we've had so many poor results lately and yet still 2 points clear in 6th with a game in hand. Next 3 games will tell me whether we're gonna be in the shake up in April. Can't lose to Cov or they go above us, and have to beat Sheff Utd to be in with a chance. Need to have a cushion of at least 3 points when you come calling again, followed by the Jacks and then a tough away at Florist.
Tricky run in, but if we don't do it this year, that's curtains. Ten points off next season, mass exodus of players and that's if the club still exists. Hey ho.

No pressure at all then...

Cardiff are more important than most clubs because there are only two serious football clubs in Wales. The good news is that it is very difficult for clubs to go out of existence. I am not sure any have in my lifetime - even Accrington Stanley survive. The worst case was Wimbledon where a deliberate attempt was made to destroy it by the very people who should have protected it and still it exists as AFC Wimbledon.

Cardiff are more important than most clubs because there are only two serious football clubs in Wales. The good news is that it is very difficult for clubs to go out of existence. I am not sure any have in my lifetime - even Accrington Stanley survive. The worst case was Wimbledon where a deliberate attempt was made to destroy it by the very people who should have protected it and still it exists as AFC Wimbledon.
You mean the same Wimbledon who Sam Hammam screwed? Not feeling any better here.
edit:Oh and don't mention the first thing if you're in Newport any time. They fancy themselves a bit of late.

Last edited:
You mean the same Wimbledon who Sam Hammam screwed? Not feeling any better here.
edit:Oh and don't mention the first thing if you're in Newport any time. They fancy themselves a bit of late.

I thought they follow Liverpool there or is there one loss-season making them feel like they are a league club again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669