Post Match Leicester 1 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...n-ostrich-then-storms-out-of-press-conference

Another bonkers press conference. I know a lot of people aren't bothered with this but I think it makes the club look a bit daft.

Bizarre stuff but indicative of the stress involved.

Taking account of the injuries which happened so early don't think we could realistically have done that much better.

Big challenge to put things together for Saturday - Newcastle will be encouraged by our stituation re injuries and just a couple of days+ between games.

How does it make the club look daft?
And even if it does, so what?

Journo asks a ridiculous question, Pearson points out journo' stupidity - I don't get the problem. I couldn't give a flying **** about the sensibilities of journalists.
What I don't get is why no one questions this when van Gaal points outs that a journo has asked a daft question. Blinkers on people. Are you ostriches?

Lot's of positives. I've missed the last couple of home games - where did that atmosphere come from? Brilliant. We've finally managed to create a little bit of the Filbert St. magic in there.

The entire team worked so hard. You can't play at that level of intensity and not feel it at the end. Konchesky got that first chance going but Willian was just too good for him, Ulloa's touch has disappeared he doesn't look fit to me and Drinkwater showed signs but I'm not sure he can track back well enough and go box to box like King.

Everyone else did really well I thought.

Played well, just hope the injuries aren't that bad.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...n-ostrich-then-storms-out-of-press-conference

Another bonkers press conference. I know a lot of people aren't bothered with this but I think it makes the club look a bit daft.

Who cares about how the club looks to outsiders? Ferguson and Mourinho have been doing this kind of thing for years. Except when they did it, it was considered "top bants" and got 500,000 likes on The Lad's Bible.

Hey, if it whips the players up by creating an us vs everyone else scenario, as Fergie was so so good at doing, then I'm all for it.

Last edited:
We were excellent in the first half - they were excellent in the second half. Unfortunately they were more excellenter than we were when it was their turn to be excellent. Vardy was most excellent throughout the first and second half until he was taken off.
Onwards and upwards

**** the press, I thought it was rather funny.

Of course the entire media world is going to run with it and not let it drop, Pearson did absolutely rip him a new one towards the end of that rant though.

konchesky is undoubtedly not good enough, talk of him being isolated is not 100% true, even when he had a man near him he seemed to want to come inside all the time and leave a massive area to exploit in behind him.

Shclupp is miles away from being anywhere near good enough for this level, but his pace helps him out, I hope he's fit for Newcastle and I never thought I would say that.

Decent atmosphere again, just hope the crowd are even more up for it on Saturday because those players are going to need the boost to get them through the game so soon after that effort yesterday.

Concerned about the Newcastle game to be honest, people in the pub talking like it's already won are bonkers, injuries and fitness look like playing a part now.

I vote the owners give everyone a T Shirt with a Blue Ostrich on the front.

We were excellent in the first half - they were excellent in the second half. Unfortunately they were more excellenter than we were when it was their turn to be excellent. Vardy was most excellent throughout the first and second half until he was taken off.
Onwards and upwards
Too bad that there wasn't a TB Awards ceremony for 2014. Newcomer of the Year would actually have been a contest.

How does it make the club look daft?
And even if it does, so what?

Journo asks a ridiculous question, Pearson points out journo' stupidity - I don't get the problem. I couldn't give a flying **** about the sensibilities of journalists.
Does anyone follow Galactic Keegan? If you don't this might seem strange. If you do, pretty funny

Kevin Keegan (@GalacticKeegan) tweeted at 8:32 am on Thu, Apr 30, 2015:
In 1993, I was fortunate enough to go backstage at a Rod Hull & Emu live show. There I saw a terrified Rod being berated by Nigel Pearson.

"Are you an ostrich?" Pearson kept asking. He directed all of his questions to Rod's hand.
"No... it's an emu," said a visibly shaken Rod.

"Are you flexible enough to bury your head in the sand?"
"It's just a puppet," Rod Hull said meekly.
"I wasn't asking you," Pearson hissed.

In theÂ*end I left Nigel there, arguing with Emu. When a man starts to confuse his large flightless birds, you stand well back. That's basic.
-----------

In summary, any pretentious journalist who makes a meal of this will look pretty stupid in my opinion.

**** the press, I thought it was rather funny.

Of course the entire media world is going to run with it and not let it drop, Pearson did absolutely rip him a new one towards the end of that rant though.

konchesky is undoubtedly not good enough, talk of him being isolated is not 100% true, even when he had a man near him he seemed to want to come inside all the time and leave a massive area to exploit in behind him.

Shclupp is miles away from being anywhere near good enough for this level, but his pace helps him out, I hope he's fit for Newcastle and I never thought I would say that.

Agreed. I feel like we've been saying it for 2 or 3 seasons but regardless of whether we stay up or go down, left-back - or left-wing back if we're playing with 3 central defenders - is the place we need to strengthen most urgently over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669