Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that Vardy lad is shilo. FFS.

Vardy is the issue?!?!?

What about the manager?
Of course it’s Vardy. He should be putting away all those chances that we are creating for him game after game. All none of them today should have gone in. He’s isolating himself completely by demanding Puel play a whole host of defensively minded midfielders about twenty yards behind him. If he can’t adapt to Puel’s system like nobody else seems to have then it’s his own fault. Sell the **** and let Iheanacho play every week. He’s been banging them in at home compared to that useless duffer Vardy.

Puel (on BBC after the game):

"It was difficult to find a solution because they played and blocked but we tried a lot of good moves.
"We came back with desire in the second half but after the second goal we did not manage the game right. It was difficult to have structure and stop the counter attack
."

Yes, we tried a lot of regular moves. They 'played and blocked', every team outside the top six does this. How come we have no idea how to work against this? We've had a lot of practice with no progress at all in this area.

Puel (on BBC after the game):

"It was difficult to find a solution because they played and blocked but we tried a lot of good moves.
"We came back with desire in the second half but after the second goal we did not manage the game right. It was difficult to have structure and stop the counter attack
."

Yes, we tried a lot of regular moves. They 'played and blocked', every team outside the top six does this. How come we have no idea how to work against this? We've had a lot of practice with no progress at all in this area.

Plenty of other teams outside the top six seems to be able to win games against each other. We’re the only team who find it quite an unfair or unusual tactic for the opposition to try and stop us score.

Highlight of my evening was seeing the presentation to the 95 year old woman in the East Stand. Delightful that she's still going strong and respect to her. She was going down the City before Gordon Banks was born.

On that note, I was disappointed with our minute of applause for him today. Surely he merited something of more substance? I thought that we should have made a more significant gesture to one of the greatest players ever to wear a City shirt.

The match itself was the same as usual. Nice, pretty, but insignificant, passing about, with no cutting edge or threat whatsoever. Palace fans singing 'can we play you every week' just about summed it up. We're so easy to play against at home, I've got to the point where I don't think a manager deserves any respect if they can't beat us. It's so easy to do it's untrue. Sit back, watch us piss about 30 yards from goal until we misplace a pass, then break and eventually score. And repeat.

Some of the tactical mistakes on show were not new so I won't bother repeating the same old things. The same show pony's did their show ponying. The same flaws were evident. The same lack of killer instinct. Oh, and we even had the usual cameo from Iheanacho on the right wing. Lovely stuff Claude.

I hate watching us play. I hate everything about us at the moment. Nobody on the front row of the Directors box again tonight. No leadership anywhere to be seen is there?

I also thought Kasper didn’t try and save their last one.

Vardy is going deeper and deeper to get the ball and is now our hold up player and provider.

Maddison is only two steps from being an advanced defender.

We are a paint by numbers, robotic, predictable team all of whom appear to have zero faith or respect for Uncle Claude.

He has lost the dressing room, the fans and now the media. It can only be days before he is removed.

Pray god it is tomorrow or Monday latest.

I can't even be arsed to write my thoughts on that, partly because it's ****ing boring writing the same things week after week and partly because I can't be arsed to get into a debate with any deluded fool who thinks 1 point in 18 points towards future progress under this horror show of a manager.

I also notice that non of the club's hierarchy turned up today either.

I imagine they can't be arsed as they think we have nothing to play for, if so then they are wrong.

we played with a 10 most of the season and people were whinging about that because it wasn't working, against Spurs it worked, it worked today it was the defence that ****ed it up and went to sleep, we created loads of chances

What feckin’ match were you watching

Apart from the Vardy header, we created absolutely nothing in that first half, apart from a load of desperate long range efforts.

Nothing

Second half was even worse

Their keeper had a fag on for ninety minutes

What feckin’ match were you watching

Apart from the Vardy header, we created absolutely nothing in that first half, apart from a load of desperate long range efforts.

Nothing

Second half was even worse

Their keeper had a fag on for ninety minutes
I thought smoking had been banned in sports stadia?

A few fans around me were finally getting on at Maddison tonight. I've been a lone voice trying to say that his performances have been absolute garbage for months but it does appear that more people are starting to realise this.

He struts about like he's David Beckham. He takes all the free kicks and corners - with a 1% success rate. He receives the ball in good positions so often in games it's incredible that he's so hopeless at using the ball. His shooting, or playing through balls, or generally creating chances for others is diabolical. It's actually quite difficult to be that bad given how little is expected of him apart from that. Is there another player in the Premier League who isn't given any defensive responsibilities but who delivers so little? Oh yes, that's who he is copying - Ozil. He's a fecking clone of Ozil over the last couple of years. Son of Wenger (Puel) produces son of Ozil.

He did actually put in one tackle tonight and that's the first one I've seen from him in a couple of months. Still, I'm sure he'll be along shortly with a wacky social media comment and cheeky video to make you all love him.

PS - oh and his fecking diving all the time is really pissing me off. He goes over so easily he actually makes me angry when he 'wins' free kicks for us. It was pitiful again tonight. A slight breeze and he's on his arse. One of the many reasons I could never be a player is that I'd have twatted him long ago if I'd had to be on the same pitch.

His set pieces were nothing short of an embarrassment. Truly feckin dreadful and awful and shit

Take him off them FFS, because it’s hopeless

Other than that I thought he linked up quite well with Barnes and Tielemans - but it’s all opinions in’t It

I went for a drink after so only just got back. Everyone appears to have had their say, so there really isn't much for me to add.
So I'll simply say this. Palace are,when they play to their very best & everything clicks, bang ****ing average. They weren't at their best today. They beat us 4-1 at home. That little collection of facts should tell anyone exactly what the current situation is.
We are ****ing useless & I'm struggling to see who we can actually beat at the minute.

We've spent 70 gazillion quid on strikers in 3 years & all of them have been wank. We've appointed 2 clueless dildoes as managers, the transfer policy is a ****ing disaster, the director of football is a complete tool who couldn't run a Mercury kiosk & it's pretty clear now that the board need to get their ****ing shit together, pull their heads out of their collective arse & make some ****ing leadership decisions. If they're capable of such, which I'm afraid to say I seriously doubt.

If the young lad can't hack it, then admit it & bring in someone who can. Like, NOW! before we end up staring down the barrel.

His set pieces were nothing short of an embarrassment. Truly feckin dreadful and awful and shit

Other than that I thought he linked up quite well with Barnes and Tielemans - but it’s all opinions in’t It
I agree. I thought Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison looked great together. There seemed to be some creativity happening at times before the ball went to Ghezzal and he bollocksed it up as usual.

Those set pieces though. Jesus wept.

Do you especially appreciate it when he trots over to take a corner at a pace only matched by a leading sides substituted player leaving the pitch?

He's really adept at doing this when we're losing. He then claps the saddo's cheering him in the corner like he's some sort of messiah greeting his disciples. Then he does his hair, plays with his bollocks, and alters the position of the ball fifteen times. Then he lifts his arm up in exactly the same way irrespective of what he's about to do.

Then he puts in a pitiful ball which either goes over everyone's head or safely into the keepers hands.

And don't get me started on his fecking stupid Jonny Wilkinson shit at free kicks. If you act like a wanker, you had better be good. He's not.

Or sets up a counter attack for them to score their second goal.

A few fans around me were finally getting on at Maddison tonight. I've been a lone voice trying to say that his performances have been absolute garbage for months but it does appear that more people are starting to realise this.

He struts about like he's David Beckham. He takes all the free kicks and corners - with a 1% success rate. He receives the ball in good positions so often in games it's incredible that he's so hopeless at using the ball. His shooting, or playing through balls, or generally creating chances for others is diabolical. It's actually quite difficult to be that bad given how little is expected of him apart from that. Is there another player in the Premier League who isn't given any defensive responsibilities but who delivers so little? Oh yes, that's who he is copying - Ozil. He's a fecking clone of Ozil over the last couple of years. Son of Wenger (Puel) produces son of Ozil.

He did actually put in one tackle tonight and that's the first one I've seen from him in a couple of months. Still, I'm sure he'll be along shortly with a wacky social media comment and cheeky video to make you all love him.

PS - oh and his fecking diving all the time is really pissing me off. He goes over so easily he actually makes me angry when he 'wins' free kicks for us. It was pitiful again tonight. A slight breeze and he's on his arse. One of the many reasons I could never be a player is that I'd have twatted him long ago if I'd had to be on the same pitch.
I really don’t know what you want from him. Again, he looked like he wanted to get on the ball and create things today and his link up play with Tielemans and Barnes was excellent. His set piece delivery was abominable and this needs to be addressed if he is to continue with them but he’s doing his best to try and make things happen. He is the only player we have at the moment who is creating chances and he needs to be given freedom to play like a number 10. I feel for the kid, he’s having to play about 10 yards in front of the back four because of the ridiculous way we are setting up week after week and he just cannot play his natural game. He isn’t a complete player by any means but he’s far better than you give him any credit for.

Like the old adage suggests, if you judge a fish by its ability to ride a bike... well, you know the rest. Play the lad as a no.10 and give him chance to feed on good work from Tielemans and he will be a huge asset for us.

I really don’t know what you want from him. Again, he looked like he wanted to get on the ball and create things today and his link up play with Tielemans and Barnes was excellent. His set piece delivery was abominable and this needs to be addressed if he is to continue with them but he’s doing his best to try and make things happen. He is the only player we have at the moment who is creating chances and he needs to be given freedom to play like a number 10. I feel for the kid, he’s having to play about 10 yards in front of the back four because of the ridiculous way we are setting up week after week and he just cannot play his natural game. He isn’t a complete player by any means but he’s far better than you give him any credit for.

Like the old adage suggests, if you judge a fish by its ability to ride a bike... well, you know the rest. Play the lad as a no.10 and give him chance to feed on good work from Tielemans and he will be a huge asset for us.

It all boils down to the manager being a clueless ****wit

Genuine question - is the club in any position to actually sack him? By this I mean, is anyone actually authorized to make such a decision or is the ownership / chairmanship still bound up in Vichai's estate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263