Post Match Leicester 1 Southampton 0 - FA Cup semi final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh piss off. We did exactly what we needed to do. Semi finals are never free flowing brilliant matches. We played a perfect game really and never looked like conceding

There was a great bit towards the end that sums up a semi final. Rodgers kicking off that we'd let the ball go through to their keeper, shortly followed by Old Marc just playing it deliberately off their player to get a throw and us retrieving it like we couldn't move. Kasper also flopping on the ball.....all about the results innit.

Tbh, I want to forget about cup finals for now (well, from tomorrow anyway) It's great to get there for the occasion alone, even though I do fear we will just be adding to our winless stat, but we've got important games ahead that we really have to be playing better football in that we did this evening.

Ive had a feeling since the stoke game that the FA Cup was ours this year. will need some luck to beat Chelsea but its entirely possible if we have a full side out.
Another amazing achievement to go with the rest. League winners, constantly in top 3 over past two years and now FA Cup finalists. wonder why Arsenal and Spurs want to jump ship to the Euro All Stars Super League.
Definitely think Albrighton and Maddison are musts for the next 4 games for us to cement our top 4 place.

Tbh, I want to forget about cup finals for now (well, from tomorrow anyway) It's great to get there for the occasion alone, even though I do fear we will just be adding to our winless stat, but we've got important games ahead that we really have to be playing better football in that we did this evening.

**** off with that complete shite

We’re in the FA Cup final FFS

It's interesting how similar that match is to yesterday. Player who you'd expect to be a striker breaks on the wing and crosses it in to the box for a dodgy goal.

Against Chelsea, yes. I reckon they'd have done us on current form
Agreed. As I said in the other thread, the other semi final went about as well as we could have hoped - an unconvincing win by chelsea. Almost like we are fated to win...

They said earlier that Vardy has played in every single round of the FA Cup (so far) going right back to his non league days. The only player to have done it.

I think it’s a crucial result for that reason. They know they have this in the bank now and can hopefully relax and take on the next four games with intent

Hardly a classic but I thought we were the better team throughout and can't remember Kasper having to make a save.

Also thought we looked better with Maddison on, but Evans MoTM for me. Fofana was decent too but Evans was the calming influence at the back.

Great second half from Vardy too.

Only the wing backs look a bit of a concern but can't complain about the first FA Cup final in my lifetime!

Delighted with Nacho’s goal obviously but for him to be MOTM shows how little thought the pundits put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363