Post Match Leicester 1 Southampton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he had input last season. Didn’t he strongly go to bat for Vestergaard? Has he also not recently been quoted as saying he had identified targets and even made contact only to find that he wasn’t going to be backed?

I said he has input. But so does the head of recruitment and director of football. If they think BR wants to sign a dud they don't have to sign off on it.

When Congerton was here apparently bad signings were his fault. Now it's BR's fault. But it's a team effort, they're all responsible.

I said he has input. But so does the head of recruitment and director of football. If they think BR wants to sign a dud they don't have to sign off on it.

When Congerton was here apparently bad signings were his fault. Now it's BR's fault. But it's a team effort, they're all responsible.
You’re absolutely right. It’s unfair to place the blame all on BR for the player purchases.

The issue for me is the output (or lack of) on the pitch. That’s his responsibility, and it’s not good enough. We have enough quality in the squad to perform better.

We sacked off Puel for the same reason. Maddison, Tielemans et al were all part of Puel’s team, and he couldn’t get a tune out of them consistently. Same issue with BR as I see it currently.

Hilariously shit

But the thick ****s will be here to tell you everything is all fine

Bless em

For once you are correct. I don't think we have any thick ****s on here though. It would be a thick **** who says everything is fine. Everything is certainly not fine. It's the degree of it that matters though. Roll on September when we'll actually have a better idea.

For once you are correct. I don't think we have any thick ****s on here though. It would be a thick **** who says everything is fine. Everything is certainly not fine. It's the degree of it that matters though. Roll on September when we'll actually have a better idea.
In 12 days something will happen that gives us a better idea?

I was pleased to see Adams on the bench as he is a dangerous player, so when he came on, feared the worse. Should have had a bet on him scoring really.

If Rodgers is in charge at the end of the transfer window I genuinely hope we don’t sign anyone. Sack him and bring in a manager who can work with the current squad. And then give the new manager and head of recruitment time to work on things for January.

What has that got to do with BR

The speculation stops, at least until January, meaning a more settled squad and less unsettling from outside sources. As a manager, uncertainity must be the pits.

The speculation stops, at least until January, meaning a more settled squad and less unsettling from outside sources. As a manager, uncertainity must be the pits.
What definitely won’t stop is Rodgers taking digs at the club and blaming every defeat, shit performance, fan booing, and god knows what else on him not getting any new toys to play with.

The same problems persist from last season (and some from the season before, some since BR came)

- players looking knackered after 60 mins (overtraining?)
- injuries (overtraining?)
- substitutions that look pre planned rather than taking into account what is happening in the game
- set piece defending
- set piece attacking (Maddison when he can have a shot aside)
- BR spouting some arrogant self-serving waffle post-match that isn't worth listening to

Did anybody see Wes’ reaction to the goals, by any chance?
No, but hopefully they had a whiff of guilt about them, although that's doubtful.

Oh that’s reminded me of another minor irritant from yesterday

Six minutes of injury time to get an equaliser, and Maddison pisses over half of it away through mardy-arsed petulance and arguing with the referee

’kin idiot

This result at the weekend reminds me painfully of an even worse surrender of 3 points we did recently.

Borussia Dortmund surrendered a two-goal lead after 89 minutes to lose 3-2 to Werder Bremen in injury time.

This result at the weekend reminds me painfully of an even worse surrender of 3 points we did recently.

Borussia Dortmund surrendered a two-goal lead after 89 minutes to lose 3-2 to Werder Bremen in injury time.
Oh, but their were clearly worse than our. We weren’t 2-0 up in the 89th minute.

Oh, but their were clearly worse than our. We weren’t 2-0 up in the 89th minute.
No we were winning with about 12 seconds of injury time left. And lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263