Post Match Leicester 1 Tottenham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As are the playing and management staff entitled to tell the radio to **** off if they insist on sending the shit stirring, self important prick, Stringer.

Well they still need to be professional and part of their job is to speak to the local radio station. I don't listen to Radio Leicester and don't know much about Stringer, but from what I can gather he was speculating on the future of the manager. I'm a Pearson fan but that really isn't an unreasonable thing for a journalist to be doing given the form we've been in. We don't live in North Korea, so that means sometimes means accepting that people will communicate messages we don't like.

I don't like the way some people do their jobs but I don't refuse to speak to them, even if they're a shit stirring, self-important prick. Because to do so would make me an entitled, self-important prick. And if anybody wanted to do anything which might involve one of my departments but wanted to do so without speaking to me they'd be told to grow up or **** right off.

Last edited:
Unfortunate.

Fatal mix of crucial individual mistakes and a ref that is committed to the iron law that you don't give a sucker an even break.

Ulloa is doing ok in a very weak losing side.....he should get a passport to another Premier League struggling outfit over the summer.

Get a loan keeper in asap before Hamer has areally bad game.

Enough positives to provide some hope for a result on Sunday.

Stringer is an utter bellend, his abrupt one word interuption when he asks a caller their opinion on something is completely unprofessional and make him sound like a know it all tosser.

If I was Nigel I wouldn't tall to the amateurish gobshite either.

Stringer is an utter bellend, his abrupt one word interuption when he asks a caller their opinion on something is completely unprofessional and make him sound like a know it all tosser.

If I was Nigel I wouldn't tall to the amateurish gobshite either.

Two of the better things that Pearson has managed this season is when he challenged the guy shouting abuse and second his run-in with Stringer. Stringer is immensely irritating as a commentator and appears to set out to rile Pearson with obvious questions but presents them without seeming to give any thought to ways in which he just might draw anything worthwhile from Pearson. The result is Pearson withdraws from the debate.

The football phone ins are dumbed down to pretty much crap. I realise that RL wouldn't see themselves well enough public funded to spend a lot on sports staff - but surely they could do better than this.

I thought we were excellent yesterday, but yet again individual errors and sloppiness cost us.

That being said, yesterday was more like the Leicester that beat Man Utd than the one in recent weeks. We could have scored 4 or 5 yesterday and definitely should have had more than one and definitely should have took something from the game.

I thought Ulloa, Mahrez and Schlupp were brilliant yesterday. We look a much better side when Ulloa plays, his hold up play and flick ons were terrific. That being said he should have scored in the first half, I don't know how he missed.

The most irritating thing is Spurs were dreadful, after they scored they went into their shell and thought it was a walk in the park. In all honesty they barely had a clear cut chance apart from the first minute and how on earth Hamer didn't save Eriksens free kick I will never know.

When you are down there, this is the kind of luck you have, none.

I quite agree! If Nigel Pearson put as much effort into building and training the team as he does into petty battles with bureaucracy, we'd be mid-table, at least!

Is there any reason to believe that Nigel is showing a lack of effort.

Think we are heading for the unluckiest team in the Premier League tag.
Even the commentators are saying it too.

We were unlucky. However, the second goal was not down to bad luck. Rasputin is getting the blame but it was a "should have done better" rather than a goalkeeping howler. I felt the real blame for the second goal lay with the pathetic wall

I still believe the Spurs first goal was offside. For me the "not interfering with play" argument is a nonsense . When Harry Kane scored he was surely interfering with play.

I remember a game in the early 1970s when a striker called Malcolm Partridge spent the whole match not interfering with play..

This was a good game to be barred from the touchline. Mr Shakespeare and Mr Phillips were shivering and drenched. Surely that nice Susan Whelan could have sent them out a couple of glasses of Scotland's holy water.

Esteban Cambiasso sat on the bench watching the freezing rain. He looked wistful as though remembering better days playing for winning teams in warmer weather.

Just watched MOTD highlights and now even more gutted than at 5pm yesterday having seen the penalty decision, awful mistakes and Wes' chance at the end. Luck has to turn, but like others feel it will be too late. But at present feel we won't win another game!

But David is right the defensive errors were overall to blame, once again.

Last edited:
Just watched MOTD highlights and now even more gutted than at 5pm yesterday having seen the penalty decision, awful mistakes and Wes' chance at the end. Luck has to turn, but like others feel it will be too late. But at present feel we won't win another game!

But David is right the defensive errors were overall to blame, once again.

If you look at the chance Kane had at the end of the first half, from their free kick, Nugent was in the wall and did exactly the same as he did for their second goal, he moved out of the way.
Also from watching MOTD, I'm giving their keeper some credit for some crucial saves, including deflecting the ball away from Wes.

As for it being too late, No it's not

As are the playing and management staff entitled to tell the radio to **** off if they insist on sending the shit stirring, self important prick, Stringer.

See, I don't buy that. When we used to be a football club with fans I'd understand a bit more - but as we transitioned into a business with customers I just don't.

People used to complain RL and the Merc were up the club's arse...now that Stringer is offending the club.

And he's hardly self-important given that he's employed in that role. I won't challenge the prick aspect, but then so many of us are one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I don't buy that. When we used to be a football club with fans I'd understand a bit more - but as we transitioned into a business with customers I just don't.

People used to complain RL and the Merc were up the club's arse...now that Stringer is offending the club.

And he's hardly self-important given that he's employed in that role. I won't challenge the prick aspect, but then so many of us are one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it helps that, having played him at 5-a-side several times, I know that prick is an understatement.

He's probably still sporting the bruises from mine and Matt's 'professional' fouls.

RL can always use Jason Bourne to interview Pearson. The players it's their own choice.

I remember getting a sneaky elbow into his solar plexus, still makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566