Post Match Leicester 2 Coventry 1

Top half of the league we are.

That’ll do. KDH with a very fine second half showing.

I didn’t see the first half as I thought we were kicking off at 2, but the second was ok.

Thought we gained a hell of a lot of confidence after the goal. Different team.

Massive to come from behind and win, then hold on.

Absolutely loads to work on, but a massive three points.

If we can pair KDH with a proper attacking midfielder and tighten up defensively we will be a force.

Faes was brilliant. Vestergaard is still shit at defending. Looks like Maresca is digging him out at full time.

Doyle class, Mavididi a real outlet, subs made a massive impact, credit to Enzo.

You can only beat what is put in front of you, and we did that. I didn't watch so have no idea how we played but three points after going behind is a great result.

Great result. Cov were better team for 20 mins or so but we got the points. Lots to be pleased about. Mavadid is a bloody star. Work to be done but nice to see a win.

Important to get wins whilst we are continuing to bring people in and make up for the awful pre-season schedule. hopefully will continue to strengthen the obvious areas.

Relief more than anything.

You can only beat what is put in front of you, and we did that. I didn't watch so have no idea how we played but three points after going behind is a great result.
We made some mistakes - early season type errors - but looked decent particularly in the possession game.

Winks and Praet are both extremely tidy players.
Mavididi looks promising

Unconvincing striking options.

Didn't really look like much had changed from last season, except the quality of the opposition.
We dominated possession and overall play for most of the game, but we lacked a cutting edge and then conceded from a set piece and looked very shaky for the next 20 mins.

Cov could've had 4 or 5 easily on another day.

But, we were decent overall. Hopefully a few wins at the start of the season and a bit of confidence will come to take some of that fragility away if we concede.

Mavididi, Winks, Mcateer, Ricardo all had very good games I think. Faes actually did alright too but having Vestergaard next to him made things harder for him. I liked the look of the new keeper too

If KDH has learnt how to drift into the box like that, he will be a force. He’s not our “unlock the key” figure, and we still need one, but if he’s another Andy King/Frank Lampard type that’s a brilliant result.

Really impressed with the way we played. Harry Winks and Dewsbury Hall going to be massive for us this year. We were fkjn dreadful for a time though after conceding. That was against the run of play and we went to shit after it defensively.

Lovely stuff.

Corners are still a worry but I don't think we'll see much better deliveries than what Hamer was supplying today.

Looked so much better with Nacho and Praet on - these 2 have to start if we stick with what we have.

Great to see Pep Artetta celebrating and actually showing some enthusiasm on the touchline - thank **** we don't have to see that wanky little clap anymore, and we actually won a game too!

Very early but very promising start.

Winks, Doyle and Mavididi all look excellent signings at this level.

Good performance from McAteer too to make the step up and not look out of place at all and excellent work rate - I think we do still need to strengthen there but he's worth a place in the squad.

All change for Wednesday please, we have more than enough players to do so.

Can someone explain how 9 minutes were added?

They're doing a new thing with stoppage time so it gets stopped every time the ball goes out of play, so added time should be more accurate and discourage time wasting.

This will happen a lot more this season.

The stranger thing with that system was probably that only 1 min was added first half.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563