Post Match Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add, Amartey's passing was excellent. Fuchs had some good moments but was at fault for the goal with a rushed clearance. Finally, Albrighton along with Okazaki are two of the most undervalued players in the team. They are tremendous.

Ranieri also said that Vardy and Mahrez decide between them who takes penalties.

Jamie need not discuss this in the future and Riyad needs to accept this decision.

We were easily the better of the two sides but I never felt comfortable with the lead. Swansea seemed to create opportunities (which they then wasted) far too easily.

Amartey can clearly do a job in centre midfield which is a big relief to us all. He looked composed, combative and classy. Drinkwater did play well but I thought he left the midfield position too often and too easily.

I simply don't understand the stick Mahrez has started to get. Don't you see the two or three players around him every time he gets the ball? He makes some poor decisions at times but he's our only top quality player and every opponent sets up knowing it. He deserves better from the fans at times.

Fuchs was poor again. He did okay against Arsenal but that's three out of four appearances I've seen from the Community Shield where he's getting by through his experience alone at times. He needs to up his game.

The last twenty minutes were a farce due to the conditions. We should have been out of sight by then but could easily have thrown two points away.

We were easily the better of the two sides but I never felt comfortable with the lead. Swansea seemed to create opportunities (which they then wasted) far too easily.

Amartey can clearly do a job in centre midfield which is a big relief to us all. He looked composed, combative and classy. Drinkwater did play well but I thought he left the midfield position too often and too easily.

I simply don't understand the stick Mahrez has started to get. Don't you see the two or three players around him every time he gets the ball? He makes some poor decisions at times but he's our only top quality player and every opponent sets up knowing it. He deserves better from the fans at times.

Fuchs was poor again. He did okay against Arsenal but that's three out of four appearances I've seen from the Community Shield where he's getting by through his experience alone at times. He needs to up his game.

The last twenty minutes were a farce due to the conditions. We should have been out of sight by then but could easily have thrown two points away.
Arsenal were very clearly doubling up on Mahrez last week, too. As a team, we have to try to use that to our advantage, where possible. There's nothing wrong with playing it to Mahrez, to draw in the opposing players, we just need to move it quickly after that, to make the most of them being short elsewhere.

Arsenal were very clearly doubling up on Mahrez last week, too. As a team, we have to try to use that to our advantage, where possible. There's nothing wrong with playing it to Mahrez, to draw in the opposing players, we just need to move it quickly after that, to make the most of them being short elsewhere.
And that's where I think Mahrez could sometimes release the ball earlier.

Amartey and Drinkwater were absolutely superb, they looked an excellent central midfield pairing. I thought Okazaki was excellent too and overall a very good team performance.

But my god we made hard work of that against a quite frankly garbage Swansea side. We should have been 3/4 up and out of sight. I don't like Mahrez on penalties, lacks any sort of conviction. Simpson gets some stick but he made two wonderful defensive clearances today, one in each half. The defence obviously needs Huth, we look so much better with him than without him. Should've won a lot more comfortably, but 3 points is 3 points.

Thought we were fantastic for the first 60 minutes. Struggled a bit after the penalty though but all in all a nice performance.

Swansea were awful. Absolutely pathetic in every way.
The fact that we nearly let them take a point is feckin' embarrassing. They were utter wank, and we totally dominated from front to back

Amartey, Drinkwater and Okazaki were brilliant. Simpson, Albrighton and Morgan not far behind them

Fuchs was poor. Not just a little bit poor, but really poor

I get the fact that they stuck 2/3 on Mahrez, but he was wasteful, lazy, overplayed frequently and made some truly dreadful decisions. A shadow of the player we saw last season, and shouldn't be anywhere near penalties

Should have thrashed them by six or seven, but ended up hanging on desperately.

Mahrez just needs to release that ball to someone when he has 3 or 4 on him. They'll soon give him space again if he does.

The sigh of relief when Amartey first won the ball back was deafening in the ground. I thought the home crowd did a really good job of encouraging him today and he grew into the role impressively, fabulous work to chase down Routledge (I think) in the build up to the first goal. Spread the play when we were on the front foot and he was a solid wall breaking up counter attacks. Looked tired as the game wore on but he was still up and down that sodden slippy pitch.

It's one game against a pretty wanky Swansea team, whose only player of note, Glyfi Whatshisfacesson never looked more than 10 seconds away from a tantrum..... BUT still very impressed with Amartey.

Shinji was frankly unplayable today, struck the prefect balance between dragging his man all over the place and falling over. Shame he didn't get a goal because he deserved one so very much. Great decision making when he won the pen, the way the ball fell to him was perfect to bend one into the far corner but he took the touch and drew the foul.

Conversely, Mahrez's decision making is letting him down, he looks like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders at times but he still worked hard. Unlucky with the penalty I thought, maybe not the wisest decision to roll it seeing as the pitch was getting so claggy by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669