Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back. We looked leggy after a very up tempo first 20 minutes. Not surprised to see a substitution at the break tbh. Maddison had a shocker in the first half but grew into the game. Even the God-like Soyunchu made some basic passing errors, but again made up for them later in the game. Fuchs was an excellent deputy for Chillwell and well deserved his MOTM although I thought Harvey was a good shout too.

Thought JV's shout for a penalty looked good as we sit near the family stand goal. More of a shout than Mane's at 'Pool but not given - go figure.

One thing I love about this team is the excellent bench we have. Buck is doing wonders for our fringe bench players and his ability to read the opposition and make the relevant changes is top notch. Thought we might see Nacho as his confidence must be sky high right now.

Another fabulous, if hard fought 3 points. 7 wins, 7 games scoring for JV. We really are rather good aren't we. Cheers!

Great teams find a way of grinding out wins when not at their best. Tonight was one of those. We’re about to see the value of the squad - Gray, Fuchs, Praet, Choudhury , Morgan, Justin, Ihenacho etc will all have a role to play in this congested month of fixtures.

Job done. No squeaky bum here. Pretty much walked the second in against a bunch of shithouses...had plenty of these back in 15/16

Whilst Fuchs didn’t nothing wrong and played well I think we missed Chilwell going forward tonight Fuchs just can’t offer the same drive and energy.

Someone needs to slap Maddison and Tielemans so that when they have 10 yards of space around them they turn and play forward instead of straight back to the keeper/CBs

Perez was feckin wank wasn’t he

Fair play to Brendan for being super kind and keeping him on til half time - I’d have had him off after twenty minutes

By contrast, Fuchs, Evans, and Ricardo were simply wonderful

7 wins in the trot
Equalling our best ever return in the top flight.
A record going back to 1963.
Yet, some aren’t ****ing happy .

Watford, like Everton, another desperate horrible team. Time wasting from the first minute, fouling all over the place. (Ref was verging on incompetent)
Just horrible.
They can **** off to the championship for me

Whilst Fuchs didn’t nothing wrong and played well I think we missed Chilwell going forward tonight Fuchs just can’t offer the same drive and energy.

Someone needs to slap Maddison and Tielemans so that when they have 10 yards of space around them they turn and play forward instead of straight back to the keeper/CBs
Fuchs beat his man to earn the corner before our goal. He then picked up the loose ball from that corner and gave it to Barnes to cross which resulted in the penalty. He made numerous wonderful crossfield passes, all forward and played some lovely forward passes into the feet of Vardy. He made lots and lots of runs forward with huge amounts of both 'drive' and 'energy'. He was outstanding until he got knackered at about 75 minutes which is to be expected.

I don't know what game you were watching. Prime can be confusing for some.

Well I was at the game and yes he got forward, I never said he didn’t but he couldn’t do it in the same way or nearly as often and it left us lol sides in attack.

Let's face it, about 12-14 of Prem teams are certifiably chronically depressed (Sheff U, Wolves. ourselves. and some of the laughably titled "top 6" the only teams functioning with any modicum of self-confidence) so let's make hay etc...

Two pretty incredible stats:

7 wins in a row but no goals in the first half for the last 5 games.

Whenever we’ve been in a winning position this season we’ve gone on to win every single time.

I thought Fuchs was v.good, especially considering how little match time he has had. Substitutes: I was surprised by BR's choices to bring on when we were only 1 -nil up but thought that Choudury and Justin looked energetic and keen . Praet was in good positions to score a couple of goals (- xG?) but his shots were rather weak.

I like how all the experts think sticking your hand in someones face is somehow allowed, they were both pens

I like how all the experts think sticking your hand in someones face is somehow allowed, they were both pens

Neither were penalties in my eyes.

But then I thought the same about the Mane and Rashford ones against us.

Subjective interpretations of subjective scenarios.

They were both penalties. The first one so clear and blatant it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest anything other. Both pundits on MotD were also amazed it wasn't given. What's more is that booking JV for simulation may be costly at some point this season. Madness I tells you. The second one is a foul. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch then it is a free kick so why shouldn't it be a penalty? Soft or otherwise, the referee got that one correct.

when Jenas was talking about it on MOTD he talked about a height difference, it was Jonny Evans not Jamie Vardy had he had his hand at chest height there wouldn't have been an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363