Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will comment on the match later. For the moment I want to repo0rt an incident at half time that left a nasty taste for the people sitting around me.

The gentleman who sits next to me, Mick, has been a season ticket holder for years, has already renewed his ticket and often goes to away games. In short he is the kind of supporter Leicester should cherish. He is also a grand character who enjoys commenting loudly on mistakes by the officials. This year he has put the blame for our position firmly on the management. He has been loudly critical and since we sit near the dug out no doubt his criticisms have been heard. At no time have his comments been obscene - his favourite criticism is to call someone "a barm cake".

At half time a steward (not the one who sits at the bottom of our gangway) came over and addressing him by name gave him "to warn him as a friend" to tone down his comments. I intervened to say that Mick had not used any offensive language. We were told that the warning was "unofficial"
and "someone at the front "had complained. The steward tried to do it as pleasantly as possible - I think he was embarrassed and doping it under orders.

Discussing it afterwards there were a number of strange things about the incident.
(1) There are only three rows in front of us. If someone had spoken to the nearby steward we would have expected to notice.
(2) The steward who spoke to Mick was not the one near us.
(3) The steward had found out Mick's name. I don't know how easy that would be to do if someone had complained during that first half.
(4) The warning was said to be "unofficial" - though I cannot see how a warning from a steward in uniform can be unofficial.

The suggestion was made that the complaint came from the dugout and that it referred to criticism s he had made in earlier matches which is how the steward had the name. To be fair to the steward he did an unpleasant job as pleasantly as he could but the incident still left made an unpleasant impression on a group of season ticket holders who are very restrained in their language.

I think it's a pity some of you sitting near him didn't tell him to shut the f**k up so the steward didn't have to. It's time to pull together without some 'barm cake' wearing away at the morale of the players and management like water dripping on a stone.

Great day today - missus was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and really enjoyed herself. She must be good luck for the team.

You two should go to more matches.

Even if he only stays for the one season I will always remember Cambiasso as one of the finest players to play for Leicester. He still is a truly excellent player and his desire, even after such an illustrious career, in a relegation scrap is incredible.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere today. It just felt like we were going to win with the positive team selection and fast start. Magnificent goal by Cambiasso and even the lady next me whacking me in the face with her paper clapper didn't spoil the celebration of King's goal.

My dad couldn't make it today so I took a mate who follows but doesn't support City (Stoke fan) and he immediately commented on Cambiasso's leadership on the pitch. Cambi even told a ballboy off not long after we'd scored for giving the ball to Schmeichel too quickly for a goal kick.

Last edited:
I will comment on the match later. For the moment I want to repo0rt an incident at half time that left a nasty taste for the people sitting around me.

The gentleman who sits next to me, Mick, has been a season ticket holder for years, has already renewed his ticket and often goes to away games. In short he is the kind of supporter Leicester should cherish. He is also a grand character who enjoys commenting loudly on mistakes by the officials. This year he has put the blame for our position firmly on the management. He has been loudly critical and since we sit near the dug out no doubt his criticisms have been heard. At no time have his comments been obscene - his favourite criticism is to call someone "a barm cake".

At half time a steward (not the one who sits at the bottom of our gangway) came over and addressing him by name gave him "to warn him as a friend" to tone down his comments. I intervened to say that Mick had not used any offensive language. We were told that the warning was "unofficial"
and "someone at the front "had complained. The steward tried to do it as pleasantly as possible - I think he was embarrassed and doping it under orders.

Discussing it afterwards there were a number of strange things about the incident.
(1) There are only three rows in front of us. If someone had spoken to the nearby steward we would have expected to notice.
(3) The steward had found out Mick's name. I don't know how easy that would be to do if someone had complained during that first half.
(4) The warning was said to be "unofficial" - though I cannot see how a warning from a steward in uniform can be unofficial.

The suggestion was made that the complaint came from the dugout and that it referred to criticism s he had made in earlier matches which is how the steward had the name. To be fair to the steward he did an unpleasant job as pleasantly as he could but the incident still left made an unpleasant impression on a group of season ticket holders who are very restrained in their language.

Blinking heck, how unsavory!

The opening 15 minutes was the best we've played in an age.. I suspect ol Barm cakes couldn't handle it.

I hope this isn't our modern day version of that win at West Brom away (Soopa Steve). Hope after an age of utter shite, just to be followed up with more shite....we've still got a chance, sunderland are dogshit and this gives me hope. No Bazza Hayles and Harry Worley these days too.

I think it's a pity some of you sitting near him didn't tell him to shut the f**k up so the steward didn't have to.

Spot on

Sadly, the whole stadium is awash with miserable moaning bastards

i once got loads of grief off a steward for calling Ashley Cole a ****. Little hitlers they are!

Is he the guy that would say if i wanted to see a clown i'd of gone to the circus?

Is he the guy that would say if i wanted to see a clown i'd of gone to the circus?

I bet he's a real 'wag', with a stream of brilliantly witty comments such as that

Or, as I would prefer to call him, a complete tosser

I think it's a pity some of you sitting near him didn't tell him to shut the f**k up so the steward didn't have to. It's time to pull together without some 'barm cake' wearing away at the morale of the players and management like water dripping on a stone.

:038:

A comment on the match itself:

Cambiasso was brilliant throughout. He was joined by James and Huth.

Schlupp was absolutely diabolical today. I'm a huge fan of his but he was terrifying to watch. Also thought Nugent had an off day. Ulloa was horrendous...looked a proper cart horse.

We had some excellent performances and some woeful ones.

All three subs were excellent when on. Kramaric looks lovely and Kingy played ever so well to finish out the game.

Last edited:
A question for those of you who there I suppose, did Leo do anything to warrant his selection that might not be obvious from highlights/commentary? Did he hold the ball up, make some runs etc? I just fail to see why he's in the side ahead of Kram at the moment.

Vards clearly hasn't got the composure or class at this level in front of goal but he's had a good run of 3 games now and is creating chances like last season. Love watching him making those runs and the effort he puts in.

Andy king joins Dickov in scoring in 3 divisions for us - hope it's a long time before anyone else can claim that!

Ulloa did attempt to win headers and he did win the penalty...but I'd be starting Kramaric on today's performance.

It was great to see Albrighton playing again today, and very well I might add. Certainly didn't see that one coming.

Oh don't be such a misery. In a group of 30,000 we're going to get differing opinions, and lots of people enjoy their football in different ways. I certainly like to laugh, where the only alternative often seems to be to cry, at some of our performances, and am mortified to think that the management team aren't big enough to take such ribbing and think that they shouldn't have to put up with it.

Oh don't be such a misery. In a group of 30,000 we're going to get differing opinions, and lots of people enjoy their football in different ways. I certainly like to laugh, where the only alternative often seems to be to cry, at some of our performances, and am mortified to think that the management team aren't big enough to take such ribbing and think that they shouldn't have to put up with it.

Spot on.

A question for those of you who there I suppose, did Leo do anything to warrant his selection that might not be obvious from highlights/commentary? Did he hold the ball up, make some runs etc? I just fail to see why he's in the side ahead of Kram at the moment.

Along with several of his colleagues, Ulloa is suffering from a lack of confidence and a lack of fitness. He's fouling opponents instead of competing with them. Having said that, we relied on him several times yesterday to hold the ball up, defend our area and he is a handful to defend against. I'd keep him in the team for the run in, alongside Kramaric. Nugent and Vardy are no more than impact subs for me.

I am surprised that this has got positive comments as my sympathies are with the supporter rather than the complaint. Anybody behaving as you suggest would have divided a group of supporters who get on well. A steward would have been entitled to intervene over the obscenity. Those who believe the manager should be changed are as entitled to their view as people like me who would keep Nigel even if we are relegated.

Leonardo certainly looks less sharp than at the start of the season. However, I was disappointed that he was taken off since I think he is the striker most likely to score from one of Albrighton's crosses. He is a better defender than the other strikers and I would rather have had him than Kram on the pitch during those last tense minutes when we were holding on to a one goal lead. All this is faint praise since none of our striker looked good yesterday.

Cambiasso was excellent. Apart from playing well he seems to play a captains role with the players around him. I do hope that when his playing career ends the club will keep him on the way they have Phillips.

The goalkeeping in the Premier League has been outstanding. Nugent's penalty was poor but the goalkeeper did well to save it. At the other end Kasper was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669