Post Match Leicester 3 Preston 0

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that. KDH was excellent throughout; he's such a tidy player and MotM by an absolute country mile. I just cannot fathom the constant criticism of him. Maybe it's because he doesn't do much with flair but he's exceptionally calm and plays some fantastic passes into the attackers.

Interestingly, despite his first two awful appearances for us, Akgun has looked really classy the last couple of times I've seen him. I'm still intrigued by Fatawu; he's done enough to convince me that there is a very good player in there but he's just a bit erratic at times at perhaps flatters to deceive. Still, he is an exciting prospect.

Vardy made some brilliant runs and his movement was excellent but he got little in the way of service while he was on and his first touch deserted him today. A couple of times he couldn't take the ball in his stride and he fluffed his lines.

Nacho was so Nacho. He came on and the first thing he did was immediately give the ball away which led to a Preston attack. The he had two awful touches amd there were lots of sighs and comments around where I was. After this however, he got into some excellent positions and scored a lovely goal. I actually think he should score the third one but you have to give him credit for his wonderful movement and first touch. Such a weird and lovable player even though he's a complete enigma.

We weren't at our best but it was so fecking easy to win that game.

2005-2006

We've got teams shitting themselves now, which should only make it easier.
This was exactly what needed to happen and quickly, at that. We become the "Man City" of the league and make sure teams brick themselves when they play us. It was either that or they come at us with no respect and have extra impetus to want to become a banana skin because we're Leicester City, we rule supreme!

There's 39 points to play for before then. Not sure 66 would guarantee promotion.
Over the last 10 seasons, an average of 86 points was needed for automatic promotion.

Over the last 5 seasons the average was 84 points.

Lets say 90 points to be safe.

24 to 28 wins or so should do it. That leaves us with 18 to 22 matches to lose or draw.

I should add that with 27 points, we're looking at 63 more to get. And that's conservative. That could be made up a million ways. But we could, theoretically win 20 of the remaining 36 matches and be able to lose the rest. Which is astounding.

long way to go but amazing start!

Cracking display.

Far too negative from Preston. Sitting back hoping to counter is the sort of performance you expect from teams lower in the table than 3rd but it does go to show they were afraid of us before the game even started to set up like that

Another great opportunity to create further daylight at the weekend against Stoke. Ipswich v Preston is a win/win for us.

We have twenty-seven points out of a possible thirty.

that is just.. ridiculous.

I don’t think any of us could have predicted Enzo turning it round to quite this level. What he and his team have achieved so far is extremely impressive.
And it's only 10 games in! Every week we look a little better as the players understand the Enzo way to play football.

Everybody do the Enzo

I know what it is that we're trying to do but jebus the first hour was boring.

After the endurance challenge, we got a lucky break and then the game opened up and it all looked very nice. The second and third goals were delightful.

I still don't think EM has worked out how to play at home to a side that sit deep. We just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Coady did okay but Vestergaard is currently the better option there. That's a remarkable sentence to type.

Justin was sloppy. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall didn't do enough in the first hour to find space. They just allowed themselves to be marked out of it which was pretty poor.

Fatawu didn't have a go at his full back enough. Neither did Mavididi. The only space was wide but both wingers didn't have enough confidence to just keep running at their marker.

It wasn't a game for Vardy and Iheanacho looked far better suited to play against that style of opponent.

I mean this start is extraordinary. We're smashing it. But I maintain that we've not put 45 mins of good football together at home yet. It's the away fans that are having all the fun.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563