Post Match Leicester 3 Preston 0

I know what you’re saying but it’s a results game. My personal impression is that EM susses the opposition first half and acts on it the second.
As for the away fans having all the fun, I’m not even sure you can apply that to Hull fans.

I’m pissed, I can’t even concentrate

I know what it is that we're trying to do but jebus the first hour was boring.

After the endurance challenge, we got a lucky break and then the game opened up and it all looked very nice. The second and third goals were delightful.

I still don't think EM has worked out how to play at home to a side that sit deep. We just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Coady did okay but Vestergaard is currently the better option there. That's a remarkable sentence to type.

Justin was sloppy. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall didn't do enough in the first hour to find space. They just allowed themselves to be marked out of it which was pretty poor.

Fatawu didn't have a go at his full back enough. Neither did Mavididi. The only space was wide but both wingers didn't have enough confidence to just keep running at their marker.

It wasn't a game for Vardy and Iheanacho looked far better suited to play against that style of opponent.

I mean this start is extraordinary. We're smashing it. But I maintain that we've not put 45 mins of good football together at home yet. It's the away fans that are having all the fun.
It takes 2 to tango

After the endurance challenge, we got a lucky break and then the game opened up and it all looked very nice. The second and third goals were delightful.

I still don't think EM has worked out how to play at home to a side that sit deep. We just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Coady did okay but Vestergaard is currently the better option there. That's a remarkable sentence to type.

Justin was sloppy. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall didn't do enough in the first hour to find space. They just allowed themselves to be marked out of it which was pretty poor.

Fatawu didn't have a go at his full back enough. Neither did Mavididi. The only space was wide but both wingers didn't have enough confidence to just keep running at their marker.

It wasn't a game for Vardy and Iheanacho looked far better suited to play against that style of opponent.

I mean this start is extraordinary. We're smashing it. But I maintain that we've not put 45 mins of good football together at home yet. It's the away fans that are having all the fun.
Standard response I could have cut and pasted.

You really need to find another hobby.

Maybe if we are as good as Real Madrid, it doesn’t matter when the opposition parks the bus and we’ll still cut through them easily.

But admittedly we’re not quite at that level yet, so it could be Enzo’s plan to just “knock it about and tire the **** out of them, then we’ll **** them up proper in the second half”, albeit phrased in more eloquent Italian I presume.

Enjoyed Caballero's antics. When they were time wasting at the start of the 2nd half and our ball boys were being too slow to give the ball back to Preston's keeper he sprints to the nearest (possibly terrified) ball boy and gets him to run around to the other ball boys presumably to tell them to be quicker. Moments after we score our first and he sprints out again to send around the ball boy with go slower hand motions.

Apparently we changed formation at half time. What was the change?

Apparently we changed formation at half time. What was the change?
Ricardo was playing a bit further forward, when he came into midfield while we had the ball, but it was clogging things up and not giving any space to pick through them. This wasn’t helped by the fact that Preston set up slightly differently to how we had planned, so in the second half, when he moved into midfield, he went a bit deeper, next to Winks, to allow more space to exploit.

That’s roughly how Enzo explained it on RL after the game, anyway.

Maybe if we are as good as Real Madrid, it doesn’t matter when the opposition parks the bus and we’ll still cut through them easily.

But admittedly we’re not quite at that level yet, so it could be Enzo’s plan to just “knock it about and tire the **** out of them, then we’ll **** them up proper in the second half”, albeit phrased in more eloquent Italian I presume.
What I really enjoy about this is that “survive the first half, win the second” was Brenda’s ideology.

Problem is no one had confidence in it.

Watched the highlights again as bizarrely the sky stream didn’t have replays. Took me ages to figure out what felt weird.

That third goal is marvellous from Kel. The ball to Albrighton is next level and the ball back in possibly even better. The only shame is that Seniorman isn’t the one who gets the finish.

Also - Ndidi is owning that new role isn’t he??
Considering we all said he looked like a lost donkey on skates in the preseason he’s racking up some serious assists!

Interestingly, despite his first two awful appearances for us, Akgun has looked really classy the last couple of times I've seen him. I'm still intrigued by Fatawu; he's done enough to convince me that there is a very good player in there but he's just a bit erratic at times at perhaps flatters to deceive. Still, he is an exciting prospect.
Since Yunuz did that interview saying it’s more athletic in England, he’s come on leaps and bounds.

Clearly a hard worker in training to close those gaps. He’s been much better.

We have twenty-seven points out of a possible thirty.

that is just.. ridiculous.

I don’t think any of us could have predicted Enzo turning it round to quite this level. What he and his team have achieved so far is extremely impressive.
There are some here that did predict this not quite to this extent though, it is starting to click and if Enzo can get the players to move it quicker when needed then someone is going to be on the end of a drubbing.

It still feels like there is much more to come from this side and that should scare the rest of the league!

This post reflects last night perfectly

1st half was a real grind because neither Ndidi or KDH were showing for the ball enough. It's probably the most static I've seen the players in front of the player on the ball so far this season.

We we're having to resort to Faes playing telegraphed balls from the right side all the way over to the winger which were not effective.

Movement is the key to making this work at home until we score the 1st goal. The 1st goal will often come mainly because it's ****ing hard to be switched on for that length of time as an opposition and this is what happened last night, we tired them out.

The midfield then looked like mustard as the pitch opened up a bit and the movement was easier.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463