Leicester 4 Millwall 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
defensively suspect. good result though. Yak, abe, wellens, bamba and dyer the pick for me.

Finally a match worth staying up for. We could have finished them off way before half time, but to win 4-2 with that ref was an excellent result.

oh, and the ref was embarrassing

Happy with that result.

From the last half hour I saw, looked like a typical dirty Millwall team, and we've struggled against teams that fight us in the last few seasons.

Keeps the good home form going, let's just hope the away form starts to match it.

Anyone still with doubts over Yakubu?

Brilliant win, well done lads. Since Bamba has played for us I have not seen him make a mistake. Signing of the season.

Yakubu: Played 2, scored 2
Bamba: Played 3, scored 3

Don't like to slate the debut boy but thought Mee looked poor. Distribution erratic at times and beaten in the air too often.

Only caught the second half but an absolutely diabolical ref from what I did see.

Was worried that Yakubu was injured when the challenge went in but relieved he got up and carried on.

Very good result, Walkers Stadium turning into a very strong fortress indeed.

Lost any of the little respect I had for Millwall as that was the worst cheating, diving, fouling display I've seen us come up against in quite a while.

Played really well again, even with the ref giving them more than their fair share of decisions during the last 20-30 mins.

On an unrelated note, Chris Powell's Charlton picking up 3 points today with a 2-0 win and Sheffield Wednesday on the end of a 4-0 pasting against Leyton Orient, continue their slow and steady decline since Milan Mandaric took over.

Also some other decent results for us so far as the teams above and around us are concerned.

Last edited:
Awesome - continues the unbeaten run in 2011 and sets us on to next week and the search for three more points. Only 8 points of automatic spots - so a 6-7 game unbeaten/winning streak would see us sitting pretty.
Defensively still looking for the right mix i think and Abe for me is too often in an about free kicks/penalties/soft goals as people break into the box.

I think the speculation about Zokora and the potential that Curtis Davies will still be available towards the end of the window would sort out our two most pressing problems there. Davies and Bamba at centre half with Zokora shielding would give us a really strong platform to have a very strong last 18 games.....

Where's Vitor? Is he still injured? Not heard much about him recently. I think him and Bamba could be a good pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669